Page 26 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Feeders

Passenger
    Yep, R2765 is me and it is in Kempsey. I've been allocated YPMQ1 (should be YKMP1) but it's yet to happen. I queried Mike a week or so ago on this but no change yet.

Ray
    vk2tv

Passenger
    This one is somewhere around Coffs Harbour based on coverage.

Ray
    vk2tv

Purser
    According to German Post Tracking my ADSB gear is in Australia as of Thursday 2 Jan. Hopefully it's at my post office on Monday morning. Should be online shortly after that. Initially just on the highest mast I can get quickly, later on a better height mast.

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancair70 View Post
    According to German Post Tracking my ADSB gear is in Australia as of Thursday 2 Jan. Hopefully it's at my post office on Monday morning. Should be online shortly after that. Initially just on the highest mast I can get quickly, later on a better height mast.
    Excellent news. Look forward to seeing the new feed. Do you have a feeder code yet?

Regards
    Geoff

Purser
    No I dont have a feeder code yet. Presumably will be F-YBNA1

Purser
    The FR24 equipment arrived today.

By Friday it will be mounted on a 6 metre mast (if the weather co-operates) until then Im going to try to get it mounted somewhere today.

Purser
    OK, so I have temporarily mounted the Antenna and turned it on.

I got planeplotter to show what my FR24 box is seeing. WOW. I can see aircraft about 180nm plus out to sea. YBBN bound aircraft drop out around 6000', YBCG bound drop out around 3000'. I have seen aircraft as far south as Forster area. Not too many out to the west flying past when I was watching.

Can only get better once it's mounted properly.

Passenger
    I've seen VH-TSO above Brisbane before and I suspected it was an aerial photography/surveying aircraft but previously the coverage hasn't been clear enough to see the patterns. Today however, excellent plot of the flight pattern:
    Attachment 3157

Flight plan is a little off though, Karaganda, Kazakhstan to Moscow, Russia... it's really, really lost
    Last edited by Echo; 2014-01-06 at 04:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    I've seen VH-TSO above Brisbane before and I suspected it was an aerial photography/surveying aircraft but previously the coverage hasn't been clear enough to see the patterns. Today however, excellent plot of the flight pattern:

Flight plan is a little off though, Karaganda, Kazakhstan to Moscow, Russia... it's really, really lost
    Just tried to look that one up and the link in your post is invalid. I suspect the callsign lines up with an airline over in europe and therefore displays an incorrect route. It happens here in NSW reasonably frequently with the 'ambulance' flight numbers since some of them are the same as Aeromexico flights. Not a lot can be done with those unfortunately.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2014-01-06 at 04:24.

Super Moderator
    Aerial survey charter. Correct

http://www.adastra.adastron.com/airc...y-aircraft.htm

VH-DEQ PA31-310 2008 - current
    VH-TSO PA31-350 2006 - current