Page 25 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Aussie Feeders

Quote Originally Posted by fungus View Post
    VH-ZPK (Virgin Australia Embraer 190) is now ADS-B equipped, leaving only VH-ZPD to go.
    VH-ZPD is now equipped with ADS-B so all the Virgin Embraer 190's now have it and will display on the map.

Regards,
    Gregg

Super Moderator
    Was meant to have my first E190 experience my last visit from Proserpine down to Brisbane. Storms and operational issues meant it didn't happen :/ (instead was bussed to Makay and out of there on a raggety old 738 in need of a paint job and clean)

Proserpine. Now thats an interesting airfield! 1 runway, strong crosswinds and turnaround each end. First experience for me. Until I went out and saw Hamiltom Island RWY... YIKES

Purser
    Ray, why was your application ignored ? Did you even get a reply ? Id think it got lost or wasn't submitted properly, I've had excellent response to my submissions. I say submissions because I applied for one location but upon reading more about the site requirements I had to amend the location from my work to my home.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancair70 View Post
    Ray, why was your application ignored ? Did you even get a reply ? Id think it got lost or wasn't submitted properly, I've had excellent response to my submissions. I say submissions because I applied for one location but upon reading more about the site requirements I had to amend the location from my work to my home.
    I submitted via the FR web site but never heard back. I can't remember what I submitted content wise and when I didn't hear back I just presumed that FR considered they had sufficient coverage already and I didn't pursue the matter. No drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    Was meant to have my first E190 experience my last visit from Proserpine down to Brisbane. Storms and operational issues meant it didn't happen :/ (instead was bussed to Makay and out of there on a raggety old 738 in need of a paint job and clean)

Proserpine. Now thats an interesting airfield! 1 runway, strong crosswinds and turnaround each end. First experience for me. Until I went out and saw Hamiltom Island RWY... YIKES
    It's a much better experience to get a chopper out to Hamilton Island from Proserpine. The wife and I stayed at Shute Harbour (just south of Airlie Beach) on one occasion and toured the Whitsundays, even managing a free (massive ski) boat trip to Hamilton from a guy and his wife staying at the same caravan park (sometime it pays to stay in those places rather than the motels).
    The caravan park was right alongside the Shute Harbour 'airstrip' and we never set foot on it.

Regards,
    Gregg
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-12-22 at 23:42.

Purser
    Anyone know anything about feeder R2765 ? Appears to be around Kempsey or YPMQ (Port Macquarie) area. A welcome addition to east coast coverage. Is that you Ray ?
    Last edited by Lancair70; 2013-12-27 at 22:28.

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancair70 View Post
    Anyone know anything about feeder R2765 ? Appears to be around Kempsey or YPMQ (Port Macquarie) area. A welcome addition to east coast coverage. Is that you Ray ?
    I am presently seeing "R274d" and R2730 feeder now. Maybe these for some reason do not have a locational FR designation yet?

Geoff

Purser
    R27a3 is another popped up on the east coast. ?

Purser
    I see these 'strange' id's pop up all over the place. Was looking in the USA and saw similar id's

Strange forum this one..Usually forum 'owners' chime in from time to time and would say, "well...yes...these different feeder id's are for this reason....." I notice a distinct lack of ownership from FR24 and users pretty well left to their own devices...unless you commit some sort of perceived transgression...

Geoff

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by POR911 View Post
    I see these 'strange' id's pop up all over the place. Was looking in the USA and saw similar id's

Strange forum this one..Usually forum 'owners' chime in from time to time and would say, "well...yes...these different feeder id's are for this reason....." I notice a distinct lack of ownership from FR24 and users pretty well left to their own devices...unless you commit some sort of perceived transgression...

Geoff
    I think you've got it pretty much right in one sentence - maybe you do need to upset someone to get attention! Those strange IDS are temporary but you're right - there are more and more of them about lately and they seem to be hanging around longer than usual and when they do convert they are more than likely to bear little geographic relationship to their actual location.