Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    First MLAT test in Australia. Not public yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2ccq9qi5d0sck9/mlat30.PNG
    Damm, I tried to click on the four engined giant shown on the picture over Brisbane - didn't get any info

LOL

Comment

• Due to our national telecommunications provider, Telstra, F-YBNA1 is offline. I have no ADSL connection. 2 hours on the phone to 3 different people was testing the definition of insanity, repeating the same exercise over and over and over again, expecting a different result.

Hopefully (yeah right) a technician will sort it out over the next 24hrs, or so they promised.

Apologies if this outage is affecting MLAT testing on the east coast of Australia.
      F-YBNA2

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancair70 View Post
        Due to our national telecommunications provider, Telstra, F-YBNA1 is offline. I have no ADSL connection. 2 hours on the phone to 3 different people was testing the definition of insanity, repeating the same exercise over and over and over again, expecting a different result.

Hopefully (yeah right) a technician will sort it out over the next 24hrs, or so they promised.

Apologies if this outage is affecting MLAT testing on the east coast of Australia.

Telstra Service Status
        The Service Status pages are where we will keep you up to date on any current known events. We are also providing notification of significant scheduled network upgrades or maintenance activities in your area, which may affect your Telstra service.
        Your use of the information in the Service Status pages are subject to the terms set out in the Terms of Use. By using this information, you agree to be bound by these terms.
        Maintenance event
        State: New South Wales
        Service: Broadband Cable
        Description: Some Broadband Cable services may be unavailable.
        Time start: 25-02-2014 10:00
        Time end: 25-02-2014 15:00
        Duration 1:
        1 The duration of the event start-to-end times, represents our best estimate of the expected maintenance window. During this period some customers may experience intermittent service.
        If you have any queries relating to these faults please visit Telstra 24x7 or contact us.
        This page was last updated on 19-02-2014 11:54.

Lots of customers complaining on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Telstra24x7
        Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-02-19, 01:14.
        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Due to our national telecommunications provider, Telstra, F-YBNA1 is offline. I have no ADSL connection. 2 hours on the phone to 3 different people was testing the definition of insanity, repeating the same exercise over and over and over again, expecting a different result.

I need to use an always-on ADSL connection for an entirely different purpose and I keep a prepaid broadband dongle on hand for these events. Not saying for a minute that you should do this - nobody should have to do it - Telstra's service when something goes wrong is bloody woeful - just contacting somebody who can actually do something is total frustration. Good luck.

Comment

No hurry, MLAT will go public once one more receiver has been installed.

Comment

• I had a call back this afternoon whilst covered in grease at work, someone wanted me to go home and change some modem settings ? Anyway they gave me a number to call back on direct but I left it at work and Im not going back now. I have my iPhone to use a a modem for my laptop but cant feed FR24 via it.
              F-YBNA2

Comment

I had a call back this afternoon whilst covered in grease at work, someone wanted me to go home and change some modem settings ? Anyway they gave me a number to call back on direct but I left it at work and Im not going back now. I have my iPhone to use a a modem for my laptop but cant feed FR24 via it.
                Actually you can.
                You are connecting laptop to iphone via WLAN. You can set WLAN to share connection with LAN and then plug FR24box to LAN on your laptop.
                But....I don't think that you need to do that. Downtime due to the ISP problem is nothing to worry about
                For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Yeah I know I could have but . . .

All back online now, as it turns out, the people on the other end of the line weren't giving me the right instructions to re-setup the modem properly after they had me do a hard reset. It had been on continuously for over a year, Id never had to touch it or reset it so I wasn't familiar with its setup procedure either.
                  F-YBNA2

Comment

• Always fun when you can't get online. Lucky it was only a simple (but complex) issue.

Giving some low level coverage in Wagga, though I'm around 15 km from the airport. Only issues I've had is a storm knocking it offline yesterday and a Windows issue today (after 3 or so years with a legit license, Microsoft now says it isn't). One bigger issue I've noticed is that after the storm, my coverage [running a plotter and an internal server] has reduced [F200-300+ use to be south around Euroa, north to West Wyalong, west to Coleambally and east to the western edge of the ACT border, now I'm lucky to get anything near Albury], so need to take a look at the antenna for any damage or faults tomorrow or Saturday.

Currently installed Ubuntu on old disused hard drive, with dump1090 (took me a few hours to get it to work, but seems I need to have the web server [http] to even allow the 30003 port feed data [couldn't connect even using --net-sbs-port]) and f24feed for Linux 64bit. Virtual Radar Sever (via mono) is installed but can't run while ports 80 and/or 8080 is in use.
                    F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Originally posted by YSWG View Post
                      Always fun when you can't get online. Lucky it was only a simple (but complex) issue.

Giving some low level coverage in Wagga, though I'm around 15 km from the airport. Only issues I've had is a storm knocking it offline yesterday and a Windows issue today (after 3 or so years with a legit license, Microsoft now says it isn't). One bigger issue I've noticed is that after the storm, my coverage [running a plotter and an internal server] has reduced [F200-300+ use to be south around Euroa, north to West Wyalong, west to Coleambally and east to the western edge of the ACT border, now I'm lucky to get anything near Albury], so need to take a look at the antenna for any damage or faults tomorrow or Saturday.

Currently installed Ubuntu on old disused hard drive, with dump1090 (took me a few hours to get it to work, but seems I need to have the web server [http] to even allow the 30003 port feed data [couldn't connect even using --net-sbs-port]) and f24feed for Linux 64bit. Virtual Radar Sever (via mono) is installed but can't run while ports 80 and/or 8080 is in use.

Microsoft do that if the box is running W7 and it can't talk to the mothership for a while for re-authentication (seen that with enterprise edition)

HermanZA has followed the instructions on post 8 of the RPI thread http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...e-to-feed-FR24 to install on ubuntu 12.04 (but using the i386 feeder)

Comment

• Cheers for the link, came in useful for the fr24.sh code! Made some changes to the antenna this evening, since the range degraded to a very small area and was losing low level ac (though it is overcast today, but losing 100-200km in range is more then weather related). So I've made some changes to the original collinear design, hoping that may fix and improve it.

I haven't bothered to contact Microsoft regarding the re-authentication, a few months ago it was six months since it was turned on but have been running it often since then. Not to sure why it did it but I suspect that it's another way of forcing people to upgrade to Windows 8 (something I'll never do). I've been slowly moving away from Windows and towards Macs.
                        F-YSWG1 and T-YSWG2

Comment

• Don't know if it is a new feeder or one making a re-appearance but I noticed T-YBHI2 today for the first time. YBHI is Broken Hill but this feeder only gets traffic at Broken Hill airport to about 40km from the airport so it is probably at a property or camp somewhere a bit out of town. Has amazing coverage west to Lake Eyre, north almost to Qld border, NW to Lake Eyre and nearly to Innamincka, south to Mildura and SW to Port Augusta. Interestingly though, F-YPAD1 at Moomba seems to be down today so I wonder if T-YBHI2 is always there but gets beaten out by F-YPAD1.

Comment

• F-YPAD4 Is operational since yesterday, at Mt Barker SA. Getting coverage from Mt Gambier to Ocean South of KI and into Vic to Horsham.

Pretty poor out to the west though, only to about 100 nm.

Does anyone know how the radar assignments to aircraft work. I have some close contacts that are on other radars and some far contacts that should be on others but stay on mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by 847563 View Post
                              F-YPAD4 Is operational since yesterday, at Mt Barker SA. Getting coverage from Mt Gambier to Ocean South of KI and into Vic to Horsham.

Pretty poor out to the west though, only to about 100 nm.

Does anyone know how the radar assignments to aircraft work. I have some close contacts that are on other radars and some far contacts that should be on others but stay on mine.
                              The first radar to supply the latest positional data about a plane position wins.

The plane sends data every second or half second, the receiver is running all the time collecting and sorting data - every five? seconds another process picks up that data and sends it to FR24. if the data has arrived from the plane a few nano seconds before being forwarded it wins, if the forwarding is due just before the next pacet of data comes from the plane - then there's a good opportunity for a steal.

Comment

• Thank you,

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X