No announcement yet.

Aussie Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It could well have been at the airfield itself and now broken or got issues and can't be got to easily too.... Mike has been able to talk to some staff/airports and host them at the airfields themselves
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
      It could well have been at the airfield itself and now broken or got issues and can't be got to easily too.... Mike has been able to talk to some staff/airports and host them at the airfields themselves
      Be great if Mike or some one could do this. There are also quite a few commercial premises in the airport precinct now very close to the runways, and of course no trees at all. Maybe some how we need to 'talk' with them to see if they are prepared to host a feed from their roof.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustMe View Post
        Thanks airnrail, I have just been granted approval today to host FR24 equipment at my house, will probably be a week or two before it is on air.
        You're not operating F-YMHU1 that has just appeared by any chance? It's getting traffic almost onto the runway at Chinchilla plus coverage right out to Roma and back to the coast as well as into northern NSW and up to Maryborough. Curious because YMHU is actually McArthur River Mine in the NT and FR24 reckon that F-YMHU1 is at the Sunshine Coast! Must be on top of one of the Glasshouse mountains if that is the case. Cheers. John.

Comment

• Hi airrail,
          Yop, you got it right,
          I'm F-YMHU1 not YMHU .... seems my site has a 1 tagged on the end of the alias.

FR24 package arrived in my PO Box yesterday morning, I seen traffic to Chinchilla VJN etc and out to Roma, to Isla George National Park, havent checked out to the south yet.
          Noticed BNE went off the air a couple of hours ago, traffic registers above 5,000 feet or so above BNE.
          Using the 10 meter white coax between antenna to FR24 black box, antenna about 25 - 30 feet high, got a clear view in all directions, from Warra.
          Very pleased with my coverage so far

Comment

Hi airrail,
            Yop, you got it right,
            I'm F-YMHU1 not YMHU .... seems my site has a 1 tagged on the end of the alias.

FR24 package arrived in my PO Box yesterday morning, I seen traffic to Chinchilla VJN etc and out to Roma, to Isla George National Park, havent checked out to the south yet.
            Noticed BNE went off the air a couple of hours ago, traffic registers above 5,000 feet or so above BNE.
            Using the 10 meter white coax between antenna to FR24 black box, antenna about 25 - 30 feet high, got a clear view in all directions, from Warra.
            Very pleased with my coverage so far
            So you should be - it's bloody terrific. I'm sweating on finding a plane with the gear coming into Dalby (not many do) to see how it goes here. You have filled in a large part of the black hole bounded by Roma, Charleville, Bourke and Moree. You probably couldn't find a better spot than Warra in this part of the world. Well done and hope to see you around for a long time. Cheers John.

Comment

• Thanks John,
              Actually do you or anyone know if there is a map avaliable to show where each alias spot is and the coverage?
              Photo463.jpg

Comment

Thanks John,
                Actually do you or anyone know if there is a map avaliable to show where each alias spot is and the coverage?
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]2942[/ATTACH]
                For various reasons there is no official one. There is a user maintained one based on approximations however. Each user of course can find their own limits using things like virtualradar and sbsplotter
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thanks John,
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]2942[/ATTACH]
                  It's hard to pinpoint exactly where the feeders are unless the owners come on here and say so. FR24 obviously know or can find out where their own boxes are because, as I understand it, they transmit GPS data to facilitate MLAT coverage (we don't have that yet in Oz). Confusing the issue even more is the current practice of allocating airport codes that are nowhere near the actual feeder - your new one is an example.

The only way I know to get an idea of coverage is the obvious one: track planes until they vanish or get handed over to another feeder. I'm willing to be taught a more efficient way if anyone knows one. John.

Comment

• Interesting coverage from the new "Sunshine Coast" feed F-YMHU1 aka Mcarthur River. Inbound Jetstar flights from the south are falling off coverage at 8500 abm Caloundra.
                    Outbound Virgin flight appeared in same area at F150 + how curious. Outstanding coverage to the west in area already well covered by Geoffs F-YBBN1, it begs the question
                    whereabout on the Sunshine Coast this feeder is, perhaps on the western side of a high rise.

Comment

• Noticed T-YBBN20 operating around Brisbane down to about 800ft - have not seen it before.

Comment

• I was going to mention that I saw a few aircraft picked up by T-YBBN20 yesterday while I was watching the aircraft movements during the storm. Appears to be located somewhere around Wooloongabba or Morningside, saw it picking up some on the landing approach.

Seems that a few have popped up after T-YBBN1 disappeared (like myself) to help fill in the gaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Echo View Post
                          I was going to mention that I saw a few aircraft picked up by T-YBBN20 yesterday while I was watching the aircraft movements during the storm. Appears to be located somewhere around Wooloongabba or Morningside, saw it picking up some on the landing approach.

Seems that a few have popped up after T-YBBN1 disappeared (like myself) to help fill in the gaps.
                          It seems with all the feeders that have appeared/re-emerged in Brisbane since T-YBBN1 vanished that people won't persevere if they can't see something on the screen for their effort and I'm guessing that some of them were being continually swamped by T-YBBN1 and couldn't see the point in running a PC and/or maintaining a 24/7 internet feed for no personal satisfaction. It's a human characteristic that most of us would be able to relate to. We just need someone to set up a new feeder close to Brisbane airport that complements what all you guys are doing in the 'burbs and Brisbane should again be fully covered. Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by nomad77 View Post
                            Interesting coverage from the new "Sunshine Coast" feed F-YMHU1 aka Mcarthur River. Inbound Jetstar flights from the south are falling off coverage at 8500 abm Caloundra.
                            Outbound Virgin flight appeared in same area at F150 + how curious. Outstanding coverage to the west in area already well covered by Geoffs F-YBBN1, it begs the question
                            whereabout on the Sunshine Coast this feeder is, perhaps on the western side of a high rise.
                            Have a look at this thread for info re F-YMHU1 - it is not at the Sunshine Coast:

Comment

• Just received a note from MikeC.

My receiver alias has been changed from YMHU1 to YBSU1

Jim

Comment

• Wow, that's interesting considering that when I lodged a ticket, a week or so ago, that said this:

I am currently feeding as 'F-YBBN1'. I was allocated this handle when I came online a week or so ago.

I am on a 2000' range and therefore I am 'shadowed' from sea level where Brisbane (YBBN) (the nearest international airport to me) is located. Brisbane is 70nm away from me.

My YBBN handle is causing some confusion as you can see here:
                                http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post41276

I realise that you have higher priority tasks and that requests for name changes have a low priority.

When there it time to spare, request a name change to reflect a closer airport with an ICAO designator. This airport is Brisbane West Wellcamp or YBWW. Its ARP is approximately -27.55868 151.79533.

Thank you for your consideration
                                The reply I got was:
                                I'm sorry, at this time we cannot change the receiver alias for our own receivers.

It is just a label and has no bearing on the data feed.
                                Geoff

Comment

Working...
                                X