X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Feeders

From the New Feeder Spotted thread:

Originally posted by fungus View Post
    Btw, I'm running T-YSSY4 up here in Sydney (and with quite a bit of competition but in all honesty the more the better).

We may have to set up a 'Aussie' thread on the forum.
    Regards,
    Gregg
    As I mentioned on the other thread, I'm T-YPPH2 and I'm about 6km from Perth Airport.
    Still running on a window-mount that amazes me with the range I get, and have a Panorama Antennas 1090Mhz ready to go on my 2m mast "Real Soon Now"(tm) - it's replacing an old 2.4GHz grid antenna, so I already have LMR-400 up the mast.

I happened to be chatting last night to a local fellow who it turns out is already running 4 "Beast" ADS-B nodes around the Perth metro area, and is about to add a 5th - I'm convincing him to help feed fr24 in addition to the sites he already feeds.
    - Matt
    T-YPPH2

Matt,
    Thanks for kicking off an aussie thread. I hope we can give it a kick along as time goes on. Also glad to see things are going nicely over in the west.

C'mon Aussies! (Sorry, I couldnt resist that one).

Regards,
    Gregg
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

4 receivers around perth alone? nuts! Busy with the Singapore AF as it is

And more does appear better now too, Ive noticed tracks online appear a lot smoother as if its able to overlap a but more shared data now, which is a good thing
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Sooooo many feeders in Perth, is there no night life ??? Could do with some help up here in cairns, some times we have 3 but most times its just me (ybcs2)

Comment

Originally posted by sirsteve View Post
          Sooooo many feeders in Perth, is there no night life ??? Could do with some help up here in cairns, some times we have 3 but most times its just me (ybcs2)
          Steve,

I'd love to come up there again (been there twice) and help out. Got a spare room and air con?

Gregg
          YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Sooooo many feeders in Perth, is there no night life ??? (ybcs2)

all the night life taken away by the miners, leaving nothing for the locals ?
            F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Any time Fungus... just prior notice required, have to check the calender to see if we have a pagan ceremony and goat sacrifice in that room on the day !!!

Comment

Hi all,

Located approx 11 km's NNW from YPAD, Sharing as YPAD3 on FlightRadar24 - Looking forward to seeing MLAT working on FR24 Premium and getting a decent base antenna.

Regards Sean

Comment

Any time Fungus... just prior notice required, have to check the calender to see if we have a pagan ceremony and goat sacrifice in that room on the day !!!
                  thx steve i'm already half packed.

Gregg

Comment

Originally posted by YPAD View Post
                    Hi all,

Located approx 11 km's NNW from YPAD, Sharing as YPAD3 on FlightRadar24 - Looking forward to seeing MLAT working on FR24 Premium and getting a decent base antenna.

Regards Sean
                    g'day Sean,

Out in the western 'burbs of Sydney here. I'm looking forward to all the advances over the next few years. If it's anything like the past few it's going to be very interesting and exciting on FR24. I'm also looking at getting my antenna back up after a storm blew it down last year. My old discone is a poor substitute for the 1090SJ.

Regards,
                    Gregg

Comment

My antenna and pre-amp are now on the mast about 10m above ground level, and I'm seeing aircraft 3 times more distant than before

I am now picking up aircraft that are halfway between Perth and Kalgoorlie, and also 2/3rds of the distance between Perth and Geraldton, giving a decent overlap of coverage with Y-GEL1

And I can see planes on the ground at YPPH, which I am most pleased about.
                      - Matt
                      T-YPPH2

Comment

Originally posted by JinbaIttai View Post
                        My antenna and pre-amp are now on the mast about 10m above ground level, and I'm seeing aircraft 3 times more distant than before

I am now picking up aircraft that are halfway between Perth and Kalgoorlie, and also 2/3rds of the distance between Perth and Geraldton, giving a decent overlap of coverage with Y-GEL1

And I can see planes on the ground at YPPH, which I am most pleased about.
                        Matt,
                        Great work mate and looking forward to checking out the west. Hoping to get my 1090sj back up and running one day soon.

Gregg
                        Last edited by fungus; 2013-02-10, 04:31.

Comment

Nice. Make sure your uploader is indicating Ground Traffic [YES] so everyone else sees it too. Else it might need to have a flag changed server end

I seem to get ground readings now and then, but either not enough to make it change to yes, or its a server side flag.. not too sure
                          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Good call - I just checked, my uploader shows GND: YES and right now fr24 shows thai 481 taxiing to the gate with my radar code
                            - Matt
                            T-YPPH2

Comment

Hi Gregg, is the 1090sj a homebrew antenna or something that can be purchased in Australia ? I am using the mag mount antenna that came with my SBS1-er.

Regards Sean

Comment

Working...
                              X