Page 101 of 127 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1263

Thread: Aussie Feeders

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressy View Post
    Must be a figment of your imagination because Mike says MLAT is extremely reliable, far more so than ADS-B, it doesn't lie - of course Mike is the only one who thinks this, because the rest of us see the high degree of inaccuracies of it every day
    If nothing else it's an innovative route from Christchurch to Singapore! I've been seeing this sort of garbage for months and it is not improving. Some of the non-ADSB Dash 8s and ATRs at times appear to be flying a ragged sawtooth route a bit like planes over the USA used to be rendered by the FAA feed.

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by airnrail View Post
    If nothing else it's an innovative route from Christchurch to Singapore! I've been seeing this sort of garbage for months and it is not improving. Some of the non-ADSB Dash 8s and ATRs at times appear to be flying a ragged sawtooth route a bit like planes over the USA used to be rendered by the FAA feed.
    yeah, and thats sposed to be more trustworthy than single T feeders supplying ads-b data being ignored... this place used to be great years ago, but i think its gone to someones head and is now like a pile of paper scattered everywhere after someones turned the fan on.. just all over the place.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressy View Post
    yeah, and thats sposed to be more trustworthy than single T feeders supplying ads-b data being ignored... this place used to be great years ago, but i think its gone to someones head and is now like a pile of paper scattered everywhere after someones turned the fan on.. just all over the place.
    I didn't know that it was only the T feeders that need a mate before they are used. I assume then that a T can pair with an F because that would then explain why T feeders that are co-located with an F feeder in otherwise isolated areas, eg Emerald, are rarely if ever visible unless the corresponding F is also on air. Yeah I know the official line that feeder IDs mean nothing but common sense says that if an ID shows up on FR24 then that feeder must be operating even if its data is not being used for the whole time that the ID is visible.

Passenger
    Any Sydney YSSY feeders out there? I posted a question on another thread here: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...hicles-Missing about ground vehicles no longer displaying at YSSY. They used to display at the beginning of this year.
    I am under 10km from YSSY and host F-YSSY3. I get ground traffic when viewing my receiver locally on VRS and have noticed their absence on FR24. I've actually talked to FR24 about this issue before and got more than the usual generic reply:

When it comes to vehicles, some vehicles use a different protocol that we don't decode at the moment.

We will discuss internally if we want to implement it.
    And then in a subsequent reply:

I added it to the infamous todo-list yesterday, to decode ground traffic specific frames in our receivers.

Hopefully the developer will reach the task within a couple of weeks.
    This, however, was back in April 2015.

Here's a screenshot from VRS's logs showing just one particular ground vehicle and how often it's seen on my F receiver, yet rarely/never appears on FR24:

Groundv.png

My problem (to me anyway) seems to be that I'm not being reported as being the receiving station on virtually all aircraft, even the ones flying overhead and at relative short distance. Earlier tonight, I had a flight leave Armidale Airport (2.5km away). I was the reporting station as it left the ground, and within a matter of moments swapped to another nearby receiver.
    I wouldn't give too much weight to the radar that's listed on the site. According to the link Kpin gave, I am the number one rated FR24 feeder in Sydney with F-YSSY3, yet, often, there'll be no planes at all listed under my radar code. At other times, aircraft 400km+ away from me are shown under my radar code.

My range plot from VRS:
    ADSB-20160101.jpg
    Circles are 50km each with the outermost being 450km.

Edit: I spotted a ground vehicle at YSSY from my F- feeder on FR24, so I guess the problem's probably resolved now.
    Last edited by eastons; 2016-01-10 at 14:44.

Captain
    Significant number of Tamworth CT4B's now ADSB equipped with some unusual C/S. Does anyone know what these are:

HARR
    CHLE
    CHCK

ROLR I assume is RAAF as the CT4's used to use it in RAAF service

Any thoughts

Flight attendant
    Barra da Tijuca, close to threshold 02 Jacarepaguá Airport (ICAO: SBJR), Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
    Skytraders flying to Antarctica: http://www.flightradar24.com/SND1/8a962b6

Super Moderator
    Some of you folk are as up with the play with tinkering with hardware, local network and the FR configurations like me.

While on holiday this week I've been neglecting other stuff and putting this together.

Does it make sense from your perspectives? What may seem straight forward to me may not be so for others

I see Kpin is looking at it now :P

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-FAQs-and-Info
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    Some of you folk are as up with the play with tinkering with hardware, local network and the FR configurations like me.

While on holiday this week I've been neglecting other stuff and putting this together.

Does it make sense from your perspectives? What may seem straight forward to me may not be so for others

I see Kpin is looking at it now :P

http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...-FAQs-and-Info
    The one thing I have noticed is that when running dump1090 in standalone mode I see nearly 8x more tracks/hour than when I am using fr24feed in dvb-t mode and allowing it to fire off dump1090, also, less load on the CPU ... I can only assume that this means more positions detectable and sent to FR24/FA .. So now that MLAT will work with avr-tcp it might be worth saying "If you are more technically inclined use avr-tcp mode for improved performance" Or something like that...

Other than that I like it, I will read over it again when I have more time and nit-pick
    Last edited by bhaal; 2016-01-30 at 02:39. Reason: My brain added extra, uneeded words... (without asking first)
    T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia

Super Moderator
    Possibly different parameters thrown to D1090 when in USB mode to up the Gain or similar

Or its a spawn in a spawn so uses a bit more resource
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    Possibly different parameters thrown to D1090 when in USB mode to up the Gain or similar

Or its a spawn in a spawn so uses a bit more resource
    Mmmm, nah, I'd say not... Have you ever started dump1090 manually and told it not to be quiet? It spews every single valid message to stdout ... And that is how fr24feed gets it's messages.. Sadly text over stdout is inherently slow as it's governed by the tty drivers, it would be different if it was being piped where it becomes more of a fifo scenario. But the way fr24feed does it, it's reliant on the speed of those tty drivers and therefore I am guessing that messages get dropped... So yeah, way more efficient to run it as a standalone. Just wish vinny etc would see that and start packaging their dump1090 to run in standalone mode, it would make their data more accurate maybe?
    T-YBBN50 - Kallangur, QLD, Australia