Page 101 of 298 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2978

Thread: New Zealand Radar

Purser
    B-8205, Dassault Falcon 7X just pulled up outside our hangar on the Western at WN. USD 50 mil worth of biz jet, very nice ! Not much on Dr Google about it, looks like its only a couple of years old.

Passenger
    NZAA12 is now online, sadly i'm in a bit of a valley, so coverage isn't that great. Located not far from Long Bay Beach.
    It's a Raspberry Pi with a USB DVB-T tuner - Pic1 Pic2 Pic3

Super Moderator
    Chinese 787 due into chc today I believe. Testing feasibility of future route

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_R View Post
    NZAA12 is now online, sadly i'm in a bit of a valley, so coverage isn't that great. Located not far from Long Bay Beach.
    It's a Raspberry Pi with a USB DVB-T tuner - Pic1 Pic2 Pic3
    Welcome to the game. Over the last few days I have seen F-NZAA, T-NZAA2, T-NZAA4 and T-NZAA8 active in the Aucland area. T-NZAA8 is also fairly new which indicates that 9, 10 and 11 has come and gone within the last few months. I never saw them.

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpin View Post
    Welcome to the game. Over the last few days I have seen F-NZAA, T-NZAA2, T-NZAA4 and T-NZAA8 active in the Aucland area. T-NZAA8 is also fairly new which indicates that 9, 10 and 11 has come and gone within the last few months. I never saw them.
    Unless they are still there but you can't see them due to F- box activity...

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    Yes of course, you are right. Except I do not 100 % buy into the dogma of F-receivers as the demon beasts. Yes, they are optimized and will often beat T-receivers, but other factors play a big part. As I mentioned other T-'s show up all the time especially T-NZAA2 and T-NZAA8. Unobstructed view to the targets seems to be much more important around Auckland.

Purser
    Our you do what I did and stuff up a couple of station allocations and the numbers get skipped :-D

sent from my phone that isn't an i anything!

Passenger
    T-NZAA8 is also fairly new which indicates that 9, 10 and 11 has come and gone within the last few months. I never saw them.
    I've only seen myself (12) once so far, that was for a very low altitude flight out of North Shore. I held it until about Takapuna, then NZAA8 took over.

Super Moderator
    Be hard to beat those 2. Very high locations (potentially the tower itself) and very high gain antennas. Seeing about 400nm out

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    Yes of course, you are right. Except I do not 100 % buy into the dogma of F-receivers as the demon beasts. Yes, they are optimized and will often beat T-receivers, but other factors play a big part. As I mentioned other T-'s show up all the time especially T-NZAA2 and T-NZAA8. Unobstructed view to the targets seems to be much more important around Auckland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    Be hard to beat those 2. Very high locations (potentially the tower itself) and very high gain antennas. Seeing about 400nm out
    Location location location, the single most important factor followed by height.

400nm.. wow. amazing. 250nm for me sometimes and I am happy hehe.