No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I read it right the front is due with 30kt gusts through peaks. So probably a bit unstable on the way down

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I saw a quad-jet Qantas fly over ChCh about 5.15pm tonight. Not sure if it landed or was sightseeing?

Comment

• Originally posted by captain salty View Post
        I saw a quad-jet Qantas fly over ChCh about 5.15pm tonight. Not sure if it landed or was sightseeing?
        Landed. Unknown diversion. Boards have it leaving in the AM
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by petermcguire View Post
          T-NZMO1 Here based in Te Anau, Is there a way to find out where other radars in NZ are, I track up to 100nm, get Queenstowm, Invercargill,airports,, and track flights
          Aus to Santiago. Ch to singapore, and the NASA plane some nights.
          https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...t?usp=drivesdk

Try this list by Westone worked for me.
          I am a feeder based in Alexandra

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Try this list by Westone worked for me.

Thanks Baz that is a helpfull web site, I send data to FR24 and also Flight aware now, My antennas are now over 9 metres, and max distance tracked is 150 nm, I cant get more because of the mountains. Can I ask what sort of range do you get there?
            Peter McGuire

Comment

• Originally posted by petermcguire View Post
              Try this list by Westone worked for me.

Thanks Baz that is a helpfull web site, I send data to FR24 and also Flight aware now, My antennas are now over 9 metres, and max distance tracked is 150 nm, I cant get more because of the mountains. Can I ask what sort of range do you get there?
              Peter McGuire
              Hi Peter
              I am in a similar situation to you with mountains around ,my range is around 160nm to the north and northwest so I see a lot of inbound traffic into NZQN on my receiver.
              I imagine theres not many adsb equiped aircraft operating in the TeAnau area yet,I am seeing more helicopters and sightseeing aircraft operating out of NZQN and NZWF appearing on FR24 maybe pressure from Airways for them to equip.
              Having receivers in Milford and another in Glenorchy T-NZQN3 has helped improve coverage over that way.
              Regards

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Something to be aware of that is on the horizon if you are Planeplotter user - Some NZ ISPs are starting to bump people to a technology called CG-NAT
                Where you no longer get a public IPv4 address. But a local-network like one from the ISP. And the data from the internet is stopped before it gets to you and only information you first requested is sent to your router.

What does that mean? No more data from the internet back to your machine on non-standard ports directly without requesting it first.
                That is - No Master User status or RAW MLAT results in Planeplotter
                No local web page hosting (Dump1090 from internet etc)
                No remote control of your machines (without a 3rd party cloud solution)

Most Wireless based ISPs will have this already (and mobile providers)
                And now 2Degrees has announced it is on the horizon.

Despite most people being on a public IP now, and not costing any more - can likely expect the normal charge of $10 a month extra to keep it (but yet to see what 2D come up with)
                Last edited by Oblivian; 2019-08-31, 22:42. Reason: Remove piaware, that uses 2-way connection

Comment

• Hopefully the current workaround for the RLK/NZM callsigns FR24 have implimented doesn't need too much of a massage

Air New Zealand has made the decision to align all aircraft operations under a single Air Operating Certificate. From 19 November 2019 ...

Entire regional air new zealand fleet is changing from the current NZMxxxx and RKL flights to purely NZ8 and NZ5 like it use to be before ADSB smarts.

Comment

• Cantby 2.11.19.JPG

Busy morning in Canterbury

Comment

• Updated Receiver list available to view at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing[/QUOTE]

A few additions and a large number no longer active (Coloured Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                        Updated Receiver list available to view at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
                        A few additions and a large number no longer active (Coloured Red)[/QUOTE]

A couple of mine were just for testing but I should get TNZWN2 back on line. Is anyone providing a combine VRS server in NZ like aussieadsb.com?

Comment

• 'radar5' may or may not be, Cannot confirm nor deny

Comment

• Did you scroll across to look at NZ on Aussie ADSB?

Comment

• Just checked the receiver list.
                              Here's an update to my stations after moving from Browns Bay to Rolleston

F-NZAA2 Browns Bay
                              F-NZAA18 Browns Bay

now

F-NZCH6
                              T-NZCH63​​​​​​​

Wayne

Comment

• Originally posted by scottjpalmer View Post
                                Did you scroll across to look at NZ on Aussie ADSB?
                                Yeah mate, just started feeding all of mine plus MLAT to it Just wondered if there was an NZ version of it

Comment

Working...
                                X