New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
    I saw one head all the way up and cross the Strait earlier on MLAT.
    I have to wonder if they are doing a bit of a NZ length run back from matamata while conditions are favourable.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
      What in blazes is KT tracking with----satellite? Picking up acft off Fiordland from Napier.
      Petenz it appears that "KT" is infact one the planeplotter users getting signals from the Inmarsat satetllites, there is also one in ozzie> this would explain the increase in range.

Comment

• Turns out a couple of those gliders are of the self-powered type. Which may explain their high loft a bit

Had an american one again too so must be a few here for the summer gatherings.

N848AJ 29-11-2016 11:10 21200 N848AJ
        N848AJ 16-10-2016 14:00 7225 N848AJ
        N848AJ 23-11-2015 14:22 16500 N848AJ
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I was down at the Auckland International the other day and spotted a concrete truck (maybe several) doing some work over the far water side of the main runway (near the training fuselage), I am wondering if this or these are the source of the mysterious 00000000 (C87EE0) signals I seem to get all day long.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingPete View Post
            I was down at the Auckland International the other day and spotted a concrete truck (maybe several) doing some work over the far water side of the main runway (near the training fuselage), I am wondering if this or these are the source of the mysterious 00000000 (C87EE0) signals I seem to get all day long.

Thoughts?
            Yeah its one of these.. https://goo.gl/maps/x472UdAzER12

Shows up on FR24 now and then

Comment

• Antenna

Originally posted by Matt_R View Post
              NZAA12 is now online, sadly i'm in a bit of a valley, so coverage isn't that great. Located not far from Long Bay Beach.
              It's a Raspberry Pi with a USB DVB-T tuner - ]
              Hi Matt could you please tell me where I could get an antenna like yours?
              Thanks,
              Kieran
              NZMB27

Comment

• Whilst I am on odd objects, what is 445566, I see it turn up from time to time, saw it again yesterday, doesn't seem to be listed on any database and way outside the NZ ICAO24 range.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingPete View Post
                  Whilst I am on odd objects, what is 445566, I see it turn up from time to time, saw it again yesterday, doesn't seem to be listed on any database and way outside the NZ ICAO24 range.
                  Random Planeplotter anomaly. Widely questioned through the years. Seems noone can put a finger on it.

Comment

• Aussie Dash-8 doing marine survey.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiwikieran View Post
                      Hi Matt could you please tell me where I could get an antenna like yours?
                      It's been a couple of years since I installed that antenna - I've replaced it twice since then. First with a home-made collinear and then with the Flightaware antenna when I installed the Pro-stick + filter.

My original antenna came from https://www.jetvision.de/

I'm very happy with the FA hardware.

Comment

• Odd that we are using the Aussie Navy to survey our seabed. Thought we had a good survey vessel for that sort of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                          Odd that we are using the Aussie Navy to survey our seabed. Thought we had a good survey vessel for that sort of work.
                          We use to have a survey & dive (I think) vessel, but that was scrapped as it was too old. It was never replaced with anything.

Comment

• Used to be Monowai but I think she's long gone and Manawanui? Not sure where she is now but more a dive support vessel.
                            Michael
                            Palmerston North,
                            New Zealand
                            ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Still have these NIWA vessels

4 July 2016
                              NIWA’s flagship of New Zealand ocean research – Tangaroa – is the modern-day Endeavour, venturing into open oceans to conduct work that’s proving how science and commercial outcomes go hand-in-hand.
                              NIWA Vessels
                              tangaroa_multibeam.jpg

NIWA's vessels are world-class environmental monitoring and research platforms.
                              RV Tangaroa
                              Kaharoa
                              Ikatere
                              Pelorus

Comment

• Tangaroa did divert and do some surveying week or so ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X