Page 282 of 298 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292 ... LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 2978

Thread: New Zealand Radar

  1. #2811
    Purser
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    T-NZWN7, F-NZWN3
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Westone View Post
    There has always been a couple foreigners on the stats page that I have thought did not belong to New Zealand but today I discovered that two of them are in New Zealand. I used the filter to locate them. It appears that T-PMDY1 &T-PMDY2 are located around the Napier/Hastings area.
    Another foreign one F-KNFW1 is at a Naval base in Fort Worth, USA
    Want PMDY, Midway islands out something. How did they manage to get here. Out of interest how did you work out they're here?

    Side note, western Lake Taupo should hopefully be indoor operational tonight. Outdoor in the next few days.

  2. #2812
    First officer
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    F-NZTU2, T-NZAS1. PP=GQ,
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by nzfatmatt View Post
    Out of interest how did you work out they're here?
    I used the filter function on the FR24 Website. Setting the filter to radar T-PMDY2 it was tracking flight out of Napier to Christchurch

    PMDY.GIFPMDY2.jpg

  3. #2813
    Purser
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    T-NZWN7, F-NZWN3
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Westone View Post
    I used the filter function on the FR24 Website. Setting the filter to radar T-PMDY2 it was tracking flight out of Napier to Christchurch

    PMDY.GIFPMDY2.jpg
    Haha, so simple. Driving brain doesn't = basic FR24 thinking. So simple!

  4. #2814
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    T-NZCH1, PP:PH New Zealand
    Posts
    5,050
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

  5. #2815
    Purser
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    T-NZWN7, F-NZWN3
    Posts
    198
    T-NZAP1/2 (2 is a cheap magnetic whip just sitting on roof as emergency backup) are up on roof and running. Increased coverage from what I had in the window for a few days. Yet to have a proper look since fully commissioned last night.

    Looks like I've possibly got Taupo to 100 feet AGL instead of 2-3000. Will have to wait till I get home to have a look around if MLAT is any better.

  6. #2816
    Purser
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    T-NZWN7, F-NZWN3
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by nzfatmatt View Post
    T-NZAP1/2 (2 is a cheap magnetic whip just sitting on roof as emergency backup) are up on roof and running. Increased coverage from what I had in the window for a few days. Yet to have a proper look since fully commissioned last night.

    Looks like I've possibly got Taupo to 100 feet AGL instead of 2-3000. Will have to wait till I get home to have a look around if MLAT is any better.
    Having a quick look at NZ5002, ATR-500. On MLAT out of Napier. Yesterday it started at 10475 get ASL, today was 4775 feet ASL. Unsure if it's someone else as in theory I can only see down to 10000 at Napier.

  7. #2817
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    T-NZCH1, PP:PH New Zealand
    Posts
    5,050
    Could be a US VIP airframe among others heading down county if the 5eyes meeting In Zqn is accurate

    Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

  8. #2818
    Purser
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    T-NZWN7, F-NZWN3
    Posts
    198
    NASA balloon is currently being inflated. Not sure if they don't have ADS-B on our Wanaka receiver is not up currently as not seeing it .

    Will be interesting to see it's route this year.

  9. #2819
    Flight attendant baznz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    F-NZLX1 Alexandra
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by nzfatmatt View Post
    NASA balloon is currently being inflated. Not sure if they don't have ADS-B on our Wanaka receiver is not up currently as not seeing it .

    Will be interesting to see it's route this year.
    Its up now so cant be far from launch

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

  10. #2820
    Purser
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    T-NZWN7, F-NZWN3
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by baznz View Post
    Its up now so cant be far from launch

    Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Yep they've released the filling lines. So we're nearly there. Now for a day of us all trying to see the impossible, as so high was hard last time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •