New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Opened ticket. Did mb ever introduce himself here....
    I didn't have him/her on my list. Not sure how we missed that

Comment

• MLAT still down then?

Comment

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
        MLAT still down then?
        Looks like it. NZ map looks very naked.

Comment

• I've emailed support, it would be interesting to know what's up.

Not sure if this is related with common feeders, but FA have a bunch of phantom aircraft around Welly at the moment

Screenshot 2016-06-03 13.51.32.jpg

Comment

I've emailed support, it would be interesting to know what's up.

Not sure if this is related with common feeders, but FA have a bunch of phantom aircraft around Welly at the moment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7581[/ATTACH]
            I've always thought the Random ident aircraft usually starting with a B are the Mode C aircraft off Radar, but somewhat delayed. Never read into it. Just noted, as listening to tower you hear them doing things then see respective track after a few minutes.

Comment

• Could be, I was out flying this morning and didn't see that many out there though. They also don't seem to go very far - but maybe you're right - I'll stare at the screen and look out the window a bit more and see if I can put 2 and 2 together

Comment

• I also look at them and note their extent in reference to potential Airways coverage as they disappear.

Comment

• Got a reply from FR support about MLAT- Helpful - not!

A reason for the outage would have been helpful, or polite even

Hello Colin,

Thank you for contacting Flightradar24.com.

Your Support reference is 117490.

Yes, that is correct. MLAT for that region is down for the time being. We are working on getting it back online.
                  --
                  Best Regards,
                  Muazzam
                  Flightradar24

Comment

Got a reply from FR support about MLAT- Helpful - not!

A reason for the outage would have been helpful, or polite even
                    I wouldn't say not polite but more like a normal reply to error report. At least it's a confirmation there is a problem. I guess a reason would be something's broke which mightn't help answer anyway. But yes I agree it's always nice to know something's not working/late/cancelled/etc because a reason calms the mind.

Comment

• ZK-MVK down to operate it's first commercial service tomorrow - CHC/IVC NZ5063

Comment

• Originally posted by deconz View Post
                        ZK-MVK down to operate it's first commercial service tomorrow - CHC/IVC NZ5063
                        Last minute substitution with ZK-MVO to operate NZ5063

Comment

• T-NZCH35 is in Cashmere, Christchurch. 200M ASL

Comment

• Originally posted by marke View Post
                            T-NZCH35 is in Cashmere, Christchurch. 200M ASL
                            Thanks, have updated

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Been doing some more housekeeping. Discovered in the process my sealing around the N connector at the base of FlightRadar antenna wasn't perfect and there was some moisture which had caused the thread to get a little corroded. Inside was fine but a brass brush has smoothed it off again. More liberal with the coax sealant and amalgamating tape this time trying to seal the thread at top better, so nothing can get down.

Still no further on working out what's wrong with my DPD antenna. Cable to it, usb dongle replaced, still crap. I have a cheap (Not sure how it will survive in the wind, time will tell!) eBay antenna with USB enclosed in the bottom which is kicking it's ass. It may be time to take it down and potentially retire it, will give it a little more time to see and have some FlightRadar Pro Sticks coming to have a play with.

Comment

• On another note NASA's 747 SOFIA is on its way to NZ. Just about to land in Hawaii. ETA Chch 1100 Monday according to their Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X