New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTEJust saying hello from me!

Based in AKL, seemed to have got a new found interest in FR24 and aircraft tracking.
    Simple setup, rPI, FA Antenna on order.][/QUOTE]

Welcome to NZ radar ; not been here much myself lately, but just noticed QF A28 coming in to Christchurch; quite unusual as they usually fly right over to Sydney. Came in at a very deep vector: must have crossed the Antarctic circle. Aussie plane....might have run out of booze
    Last edited by Petenz; 2019-01-27, 04:16. Reason: Final word error

Comment

• The consensus is it needed extra diversion fuel due to loading temp in South America and expected storms in australia causing havoc atm
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Thought that may have been the problem.....Officially, and maybe a couple more bottles of Sav Blanc for the weary pilots

Comment

• Wish it was under better circumstances.

But one of the longest flights is currently under way toward CHC. Turkish govt A340 will appear on the mid South island receivers in the next couple of hours. (Hidden from view here, but not 'everywhere')

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• I see, thanks.

Comment

• Zk_OJA been taken for a bit of a spinoja.JPGoja.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                Zk_OJA been taken for a bit of a spin[ATTACH=CONFIG]10513[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10513[/ATTACH]
                Was being worked on this morning. Quite naked looking all white.

Thought it was to be used for parts, perhaps it may be heading away afterall

Comment

• Doh. Skywest has had nose failure

Comment

• Guess you won't be seeing the new AKL choppers despite adding them to dBASE while being tested

Someone's obviously requested they be invisible on fr24.

Comment

• T-NZMO1 Here based in Te Anau, Is there a way to find out where other radars in NZ are, I track up to 100nm, get Queenstowm, Invercargill,airports,, and track flights
                      Aus to Santiago. Ch to singapore, and the NASA plane some nights.

Comment

• Oh hey, you must be one of the glider gap fillers. Welcome

Not really, other than Here where a few of us have said, or if plane plotter owners and registered location on the global map.

Everyone's sort of secret squirrel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                          Oh hey, you must be one of the glider gap fillers. Welcome

Not really, other than Here where a few of us have said, or if plane plotter owners and registered location on the global map.

Everyone's sort of secret squirrel.

I am new and set up with rasp pi and 8 metre antenna, I was interested to follow helicopter movements around here, I am a few hundred metres from Southern Lakes Helicopters Hanger, and have many flights a day passing our house each day and some nights. The gliders are maybe just out of range or maybe altitude a bit low for me.

I should add that I do recognise some of the local traffic,on the pi, but nothing seems to show on FR24
                          Last edited by petermcguire; 2019-07-19, 09:08. Reason: additional info

Comment

• I am in Te Anau , set up with rasp pi and 9 metre pole, new to this and still learning, best range about 114 nm, I track helicopters around Queenstown but cant get the local ones here, any one know why that is like that.

Comment

• No true ADSB transponders. Likely mode-S only (or older modeC)

So you only get height and not position.

Comment

• Qtown2.8.19.JPG
                                NZ611 Having another go at landing from other direction??

Comment

Working...
                                X