No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Success it seems. Timelapse on TV 1 along with some fast processed pics.

Shame they opened the floor to the armchair critics thoughts however

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Nothing like a bit of CnBs humor

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Saw the transponder re-appear last week for a wee bit.

They're at it again so we will no doubt see it once sucessfull.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          Saw the transponder re-appear last week for a wee bit.

They're at it again so we will no doubt see it once sucessfull.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/9145...-wanaka-launch
          I love that Wanaka receiver, for this reason.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

• There has always been a couple foreigners on the stats page that I have thought did not belong to New Zealand but today I discovered that two of them are in New Zealand. I used the filter to locate them. It appears that T-PMDY1 &T-PMDY2 are located around the Napier/Hastings area.
            Another foreign one F-KNFW1 is at a Naval base in Fort Worth, USA

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
              There has always been a couple foreigners on the stats page that I have thought did not belong to New Zealand but today I discovered that two of them are in New Zealand. I used the filter to locate them. It appears that T-PMDY1 &T-PMDY2 are located around the Napier/Hastings area.
              Another foreign one F-KNFW1 is at a Naval base in Fort Worth, USA
              Want PMDY, Midway islands out something. How did they manage to get here. Out of interest how did you work out they're here?

Side note, western Lake Taupo should hopefully be indoor operational tonight. Outdoor in the next few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
                Out of interest how did you work out they're here?
                I used the filter function on the FR24 Website. Setting the filter to radar T-PMDY2 it was tracking flight out of Napier to Christchurch

PMDY.GIFPMDY2.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                  I used the filter function on the FR24 Website. Setting the filter to radar T-PMDY2 it was tracking flight out of Napier to Christchurch

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8587[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8588[/ATTACH]
                  Haha, so simple. Driving brain doesn't = basic FR24 thinking. So simple!

Comment

• Another fail to launch today :/

Comment

• T-NZAP1/2 (2 is a cheap magnetic whip just sitting on roof as emergency backup) are up on roof and running. Increased coverage from what I had in the window for a few days. Yet to have a proper look since fully commissioned last night.

Looks like I've possibly got Taupo to 100 feet AGL instead of 2-3000. Will have to wait till I get home to have a look around if MLAT is any better.

Comment

T-NZAP1/2 (2 is a cheap magnetic whip just sitting on roof as emergency backup) are up on roof and running. Increased coverage from what I had in the window for a few days. Yet to have a proper look since fully commissioned last night.

Looks like I've possibly got Taupo to 100 feet AGL instead of 2-3000. Will have to wait till I get home to have a look around if MLAT is any better.
                        Having a quick look at NZ5002, ATR-500. On MLAT out of Napier. Yesterday it started at 10475 get ASL, today was 4775 feet ASL. Unsure if it's someone else as in theory I can only see down to 10000 at Napier.

Comment

• Could be a US VIP airframe among others heading down county if the 5eyes meeting In Zqn is accurate

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

• NASA balloon is currently being inflated. Not sure if they don't have ADS-B on our Wanaka receiver is not up currently as not seeing it .

Will be interesting to see it's route this year.

Comment

NASA balloon is currently being inflated. Not sure if they don't have ADS-B on our Wanaka receiver is not up currently as not seeing it .

Will be interesting to see it's route this year.
                              Its up now so cant be far from launch

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by baznz View Post
                                Its up now so cant be far from launch

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
                                Yep they've released the filling lines. So we're nearly there. Now for a day of us all trying to see the impossible, as so high was hard last time.

Comment

Working...
                                X