New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Well, no. Just using as descriptor for plane I have however been mixing state/defence up all day

In this case he was Uncle Sam807
    Obviously going as far away from the comb over as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
      Obviously going as far away from the comb over as possible.
      And been pretty clear before he even arrived that Media is totally off limits unitl at least Saturday

We never know, this could even be the last US ICE visits...
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• PlanePlotter website seems to be down and there are no shared acft showing up tonight

Comment

• Gotta hand it to the FR24 team. Was contacted this afternoon checking everything was all good after the quakes. Not sure if it was also because I had F-NZWN3 down for a good portion of the day thanks to Vodafone going down due to the rain I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
            Gotta hand it to the FR24 team. Was contacted this afternoon checking everything was all good after the quakes. Not sure if it was also because I had F-NZWN3 down for a good portion of the day thanks to Vodafone going down due to the rain I think.
            One of the monitored fs

I spied Oleg browsing straight to our thread the other night, might explain why he was.

I had the usn p3 and japanese p1 contact today with them helping out along the coast.

And by the looks we may soon get mh60 and sea kings from other navy ships

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Something strange going on today. Have two aircraft with the same flight number (ANZ619 AKL-ZQN) One flying just under the other as Planeplotter has it.
              ZK-OXH & OXG. But OXG is on the ground in CHC as having just flown AKL-CHC. Any ideas as to what is going on.?
              OXH.G.JPGOXH.G1.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                Something strange going on today. Have two aircraft with the same flight number (ANZ619 AKL-ZQN) One flying just under the other as Planeplotter has it.
                ZK-OXH & OXG. But OXG is on the ground in CHC as having just flown AKL-CHC. Any ideas as to what is going on.?
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]8183[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]8184[/ATTACH]
                The colour is a giveaway. One is local data, one is shared. So your local database or the other persons has the HEX code attached wrong.

Reason #2 I turn off shared data and routes on my local screen

Comment

• I'm extremely new to this, but i don't understand how this is working so well for me, I have the stock Antenna, from the normal RTL-SDR toolkits you get. I'm currently located in Clyde, New Zealand, and I am with the stock antenna in my bedroom, getting 2 planes currently. Is this sort of range normal? i'm not up on a hill what so ever.

O1jpHDW.jpg

Comment

• @haydenmarsh

Your range is perfectly normal. Those aircraft are 20,000 feet up so baring really big mountains really close to you or other obstacles almost next door, you are doing well. Naturally as you learn and gain experience an external antenna will get you a lot more planes and greater ranges.

Don't give up.
                    Michael
                    Palmerston North,
                    New Zealand
                    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                      @haydenmarsh

Your range is perfectly normal. Those aircraft are 20,000 feet up so baring really big mountains really close to you or other obstacles almost next door, you are doing well. Naturally as you learn and gain experience an external antenna will get you a lot more planes and greater ranges.

Don't give up.
                      Great to hear its normal, got a glimpse of a Flight coming out of Queenstown about 15 mins ago too.. I must try out a proper antenna.

Comment

• Kia Ora ,.. And Welcome onboard the Reciever world of FR24,..

The ADS-B is a line of sight Reception,. Therefore,. The Higher the Anntenne the better the results

Just a little tip...
                        (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                        1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Originally posted by delcomp View Post
                          The ADS-B is a line of sight Reception,. Therefore,. The Higher the Anntenne the better the results
                          Good to know, thank you.

Comment

• Lots of glider activity. Jnr sorer comp in December and this weekend in matamata. But seems it must be good conditions in general.

Check that track out

gliders.jpg

Comment

• That glider was constantly appearing on my feed this afternoon, made a bit of a difference from the normal flights into Invercargill.

Although I did get a flight leaving Queenstown about 30 mins ago which was odd.

Comment

• I saw one head all the way up and cross the Strait earlier on MLAT.

Comment

Working...
                                X