Page 287 of 287 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 2870

Thread: New Zealand Radar

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by Westone View Post
    It appears that the following Q300's now have ADSB fitted. ZK-NFA, NEF, NEG, NEK, NEM, NEU, NEW, NEZ

Opps. May not be 100% correct.
    Yeah I was questioning whether I had missed some. NEF, NEM, NEU, NEW are all still MLAT on a check of FR24.

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by nzfatmatt View Post
    Yeah I was questioning whether I had missed some. NEF, NEM, NEU, NEW are all still MLAT on a check of FR24.
    Yes just did a check myself. Must have my head in the clouds. Could be a result of being knocked out in hospital yesterday/ Things a bit foggy

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by Petenz View Post
    Now the problem will be getting all those private a/c more visible on screen A very few have Ads-b , most don't even have Mode S and operate still on Mode C. Primary radar is to be discontinued soon and surely it is in the interest of private a/c owners to have their alt and position known to other users of the sky.
    Reading stuff on NSS.govt.nz

From Feb last year. Stage 2: 2018-2020, ADS-B mandatory Airspace above FL 245.

Stage 3: 2021-2023
    ADS-B out mandatory in all controlled Airspace from 2021.

So there's still a while.

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by Westone View Post
    Yes just did a check myself. Must have my head in the clouds. Could be a result of being knocked out in hospital yesterday/ Things a bit foggy
    Knocked out in hospital. Hope that means general, not getting knocked out with hit to head. Hope all is well.

Hmm foggy, sure you aren't in Auckland right now?!

First officer
    Quote Originally Posted by nzfatmatt View Post
    Knocked out in hospital. Hope that means general, not getting knocked out with hit to head. Hope all is well.

Hmm foggy, sure you aren't in Auckland right now?!
    Yes all well. Was a general

Purser
    Also for Airways ADS-B coverage. Can't find it currently but remember seeing a map which shows FR24 coverage is better than what they'll have.
    One thing I like about ADS-B is with third parties like FR24 having a substantial coverage where they can track aircraft and record transponder data. They get asked for full flight data dumps for crashes. Also it's another source if an aircraft disappears to try and find where it was last seen. So useful for search and rescue.

Super Moderator
    You welly boys will have odd contacts. Quite the procession south bound due lightning AKL

Only just cleared
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    You welly boys will have odd contacts. Quite the procession south bound due lightning AKL

Only just cleared
    They're welcome to come and visit when Auckland doesn't want them! It's been a pretty reasonable day today.

Super Moderator
    Lance in Brisbane has awoken to the KC-390 on deck this morning ready to head to AKL. So expect it in the next day or so
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivian View Post
    Lance in Brisbane has awoken to the KC-390 on deck this morning ready to head to AKL. So expect it in the next day or so
    Just left ybbn at 2:05pm