Clear All

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
    And now out the other way:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6987[/ATTACH]
    And now out into the Tasman seaNZQN1Tas.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]6986[/ATTACH]

It would appear that F-NZQN1's new location has a bit of altitude with picking up traffic coming into Dunedin
      I can now reveal (hosts permission) that F-NZQN1 is located on the Remarkable Mountains which explains the great increase in coverage.
      I have seen ATR72-500 all the way to IVC.
      Thanks to F-NZQN1 I hope I can get him to provide more info on his location.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by baznz View Post
        I can now reveal (hosts permission) that F-NZQN1 is located on the Remarkable Mountains which explains the great increase in coverage.
        Is that in the radio building up there? If it is, and its any help, radios up there can easily be accessed from Winton and Bluff even, so its a very good site.

Comment

• Hi Tahi not sure if it's the same place, site ithes above the Remarkables ski field quite a long walk or helicopter ride! I believe the altitude is 7500 ft .

Comment

• Thats the longhaul record breaker off to australia previously
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by baznz View Post
              Hi Tahi not sure if it's the same place, site ithes above the Remarkables ski field quite a long walk or helicopter ride! I believe the altitude is 7500 ft .

That'd be it. The shack I know up there is heli-only access really, wooden building on sticks if I remember some early photos.

Comment

• The remarkables site NZQN1 has certainly helped MLAT in the south tracking Q300s and ATR 500 models right down to Invercargill and the parachute plane in Wanaka showing now, also tracking A320s as far north as Christchurch city out of Dunedin today.

Comment

• Perfect coverage of the final approach to RWY 23 at Queenstown thanks to F-NZQN1 and F-NZQN2 combined
                  NZQN.jpg

Comment

• Yowsa. Got the mountain profile nicely.

They've had some official extended range Airways MLAT stations on those peaks surrounding for that sort of look too

Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Wow! Buy some cake!
                      NZ100.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
                        Wow! Buy some cake!
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]7010[/ATTACH]
                        Not yet, last time I checked there were a few stays in there. Including Midway I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
                          Not yet, last time I checked there were a few stays in there. Including Midway I think.
                          Just the two actually T-PMDY1, T-YSTH2 are hiding in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
                            Plus there are one or two not even on the list eg F-NZNV2 also some of the T feeders seem to be dropping off the list, not sure why.

Perhaps they have not updated the feeder software

Comment

• I got a feeling someone registered their GPS locations wrong..

User is in wellington, dished out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Helens_Airport

asrw1nz / T-YSTH2

Comment

• So much for the iPhone GPS! Will rectify! Thanks!
                                Last edited by asrw1nz; 2016-02-10, 07:59. Reason: Edit

Comment

Working...
                                X