No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used to be Monowai but I think she's long gone and Manawanui? Not sure where she is now but more a dive support vessel.
    You are right Manawanui is just a Diving tender

Comment

• VH-LCL is off Kaikoura right now so I guess it will have quite a story to relay, but flying at 1600 feet it is not visible to me .
      Last edited by Petenz; 2016-12-02, 23:50. Reason: More info

Comment

• Tangaroa did an emergency one. But the plane can cover more ground faster

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
          VH-LCL is off Kaikoura right now so I guess it will have quite a story to relay, but flying at 1600 feet it is not visible to me .
          ZK-XLF was out there earlier doing some land based work.

Comment

• Air Caledonie arrived in ChCh at 12midday today; first time I have seen it in ChCh.

Comment

Air Caledonie arrived in ChCh at 12midday today; first time I have seen it in ChCh.
              Not a normal visit I'd say.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• No looks like it is off again now, then changed his mind and turned off the GPS. Might just be taxiing
                ; coming for spare parts ???

Not a normal visit I'd say.
                Last edited by Petenz; 2016-12-06, 00:19.

Comment

No looks like it is off again now, then changed his mind and turned off the GPS. Might just be taxiing
                  ; coming for spare parts ???
                  Disembark and tow to park potentially

Comment

• F-OJSB 06-12-2016 12:09 125 ACI980T
                    F-OJSB 12-10-2013 06:07 37975 ACI999

Comment

• Where about's is T-NZDN7 located? I read somewhere it was in the Mackenzie Country area? I'm tracking a flight out of Alexandra Airport and it's got quite the impressive coverage range, it initially was tracked by T-NZLX1 but as it headed towards Kingston, it switched to T-NZDN7 which i thought was quite an impressive range.

flightradar24 com/ZKLAB/bd040b8

Jm7OywA.jpg

edit: Now switched over to F-NZNV3

Comment

• Originally posted by haydenmarsh View Post
                        Where about's is T-NZDN7 located? I read somewhere it was in the Mackenzie Country area? I'm tracking a flight out of Alexandra Airport and it's got quite the impressive coverage range, it initially was tracked by T-NZLX1 but as it headed towards Kingston, it switched to T-NZDN7 which i thought was quite an impressive range.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8236[/ATTACH]

Safe to ignore the radar code listed as tracking. Highly inaccurate these days. Even tags mlat on tracked stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by haydenmarsh View Post
                          Where about's is T-NZDN7 located? I read somewhere it was in the Mackenzie Country area? I'm tracking a flight out of Alexandra Airport and it's got quite the impressive coverage range, it initially was tracked by T-NZLX1 but as it headed towards Kingston, it switched to T-NZDN7 which i thought was quite an impressive range.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8236[/ATTACH]

Mount St Bathans is where T-NZDN7 is located.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                            Safe to ignore the radar code listed as tracking. Highly inaccurate these days. Even tags mlat on tracked stuff
                            Oh yeah, I can say I've seen a few MLAT tags. would be interesting to know if it did actually receive ZK-LAB at all though.

Originally posted by Westone View Post
                            Mount St Bathans is where T-NZDN7 is located.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
                            Good to know, thanks.

Comment

• Coverage in the South Island of NZ seems to be dependent to a great extent on your local topography. For instance my situation denies me any coverage of the Tasman Sea and Queenstown area. However I can reach(depending on acft altitude) as far as Nelson ,Kaikoura, and over 250 NM to the east. I am at 700 feet ASL near Geraldine. Timaru is mentioned as my nearest airport, 20 NM away. I use the PlanePlotter system and am a Sector Master User so that other people using PP around me can access Multilats; because most of us are scattered in a long line down the Island Mlats can be difficult which is just another problem South Islanders have to tackle. We need Westport or Hokitika stations to start up for Mlats to be more competent.

Comment

Coverage in the South Island of NZ seems to be dependent to a great extent on your local topography. For instance my situation denies me any coverage of the Tasman Sea and Queenstown area. However I can reach(depending on acft altitude) as far as Nelson ,Kaikoura, and over 250 NM to the east. I am at 700 feet ASL near Geraldine. Timaru is mentioned as my nearest airport, 20 NM away. I use the PlanePlotter system and am a Sector Master User so that other people using PP around me can access Multilats; because most of us are scattered in a long line down the Island Mlats can be difficult which is just another problem South Islanders have to tackle. We need Westport or Hokitika stations to start up for Mlats to be more competent.
                                Only in regard to planeplotter in that respect FR24 sent 2 boxes to guys on the coast so for the most part the FR24 online MLAT seems sweet now. Even a lot of low alt canty aero and glider cover as a result.

Primarily my planeplotter is an expensive database writer. I don't often refer to it other than for 'new contacts' and keep an eye on my logged 30003 output instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X