X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know why NZ831 Queenstown -Sydney diverted via CHC

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Was wondering why we have quite a few Australian aircraft in the country and other GA flying south. It then hit me! Wanaka!

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
        Was wondering why we have quite a few Australian aircraft in the country and other GA flying south. It then hit me! Wanaka!
        Yeah. Mustang has been buzzing chc. And as i was leaving airport earlier the Russians departed - L39 or 29

But theres also a commanche convention on
        Thanks to ZKBAZ for the following press release regarding the international Comanche convention: 29 February, 2016 Piper Comanche Ai...
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• T-NZWN2 is back up and running on a Pi3 setup in a limited fashion, hopefully helping with MLAT coverage here. I've still got to get the antenna in a decent position but I've been really pleasantly surprised at the 80-100 nm range of the small whip with the Uptronics preamp

store.uputronics.com/index.php

T-NZWN5 will follow shortly hopefully based at NZWN
          Last edited by 41south; 2016-03-22, 19:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
            T-NZWN2 is back up and running on a Pi3 setup in a limited fashion, hopefully helping with MLAT coverage here. I've still got to get the antenna in a decent position but I've been really pleasantly surprised at the 80-100 nm range of the small whip with the Uptronics preamp

store.uputronics.com/index.php

T-NZWN5 will follow shortly hopefully based at NZWN
            Don't spend too much on future investment.

I've not made it public to keep it out of the limelight, but have shared with the back end team of the FAAs stance going forward. Theres an article expanding more out there. However they are under very high pressure to make a change that impacts our wee hobby and have already started to make a US clause very similar to our own interception clause to put a stop to what we currently can do. WAAAAA

Seems a couple of those open group sites that people keep advertising as the bees knees due to no commercial backing are ignoring repeated requests to adhere to the BARR and individual requests to block data . You can guess whats being fasttracked as a result.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Interesting, glad I didn't buy a Radarcape! [emoji13]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                Don't spend too much on future investment.

I've not made it public to keep it out of the limelight, but have shared with the back end team of the FAAs stance going forward. Theres an article expanding more out there. However they are under very high pressure to make a change that impacts our wee hobby and have already started to make a US clause very similar to our own interception clause to put a stop to what we currently can do. WAAAAA

Seems a couple of those open group sites that people keep advertising as the bees knees due to no commercial backing are ignoring repeated requests to adhere to the BARR and individual requests to block data . You can guess whats being fasttracked as a result.
                oh no!! that will be really worrying. If they are planning on encryption then that's it.

Comment

• Interesting callsign and flight path for an ATR

FR24.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
                    Interesting callsign and flight path for an ATR

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7236[/ATTACH]
                    That will be mvj on delivery flight

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Standard callsign for a delivery flight.

Comment

• And if you load our radar, we got a reallly big Storm Cell above us they're all playing dodgems with

Dropped from 27 to 19 in about as many minutes.

Comment

• And along with this weeks oddball contacts, there goes RNZAFs C130 inbound to wanaka.

Theres a C17 at CIAL from the US - the C17 demonstration team

Hawks are camped at Queenstown But their C17 support dropped in and left the other night under darkness.

Comment

• :P

Stormy cloud still

IMG_6467.png

Comment

• Have only just noticed T-NZWF1.!
                              Just in time for WOW

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

• ZK-MVJ I have just noticed . Must be a new plane.

Comment

Working...
                                X