Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alcra View Post
    Anyone out there using the Slovakia antenna
    Yeah, got a USB one, which has a MCX connector and the dongle sits inside the base.

Also have one with N female at base, with the 3 spikes on horizontal.

Both have FlightAware pro stick and bandpass filter, which does help. The get both get same range, positions on FR24 stats. Compared to FR24 Box, they just get less positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
      Yeah, got a USB one, which has a MCX connector and the dongle sits inside the base.

Also have one with N female at base, with the 3 spikes on horizontal.

Both have FlightAware pro stick and bandpass filter, which does help. The get both get same range, positions on FR24 stats. Compared to FR24 Box, they just get less positions.
      First link is the new one with N connector I think, second is the USB enclosure one.

Antenna ads-b collinear great gain for usb dongle flightbox discounted price | Mobile Phones & Communication, Radio Communication Equipment, Antennas | eBay!

Comment

• Thanks, yes my Slovakian antenna is as described on your second unit, it has the three screw in ground planes. Its range is not as good as my home made dipole. Also as you said it does not pick up as many hits as the dipole. Bit strange considering its fine tuned at factory for 1090mhz,

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
          First link is the new one with N connector I think,

http://www.m.ebay.ie/itm/Antenna-ads...911?nav=SEARCH

I'm using this one on 2 sites with good results, almost the same as the FR24 or FA collinear but half the price. A bit simpler in construction and may not last as long though.

But there is nothing wrong with the tuning or gain, it's definitely better than any dipole and most home-built collinear.

Haven't tried the shorter antennas from "stanislav", see no point in using a lower gain antenna unless you are severely restricted in available space.

/M
          F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
          T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
          P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
          mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

• The antenna I bought was of very professional quality and the price was very small, however I stand by my original statement. I run two radars and its very easy to compare performance on the FR readouts and my home made dipole which is mounted one metre below the Slovakian antenna is performing better, The dipole cost $8 NZ to make.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcra View Post
              The antenna I bought was of very professional quality and the price was very small, however I stand by my original statement. I run two radars and its very easy to compare performance on the FR readouts and my home made dipole which is mounted one metre below the Slovakian antenna is performing better, The dipole cost $8 NZ to make.
              I found before I put the FlightAware Pro Stick and especially bandpass filter. It took a massive hit in received messages when I was doing some side by side inside comparisons, compared to the cheap whip antennas that come with everything.

Also playing around with gain settings. I think I'm on auto these days, when on max it didn't do that well if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Made up the Slovakia antenna and it works very well on my smaller mast. Ranges commensurate with my professional antenna on the tall mast. Fiddly to make up, but rewarding. Considering I used this antenna with a Microadsb receiver the results were great.
                Last edited by Petenz; 2016-10-10, 08:53. Reason: More info

Comment

• I see that CAA have today updated there website. Some different info now available

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Broke my shortcuts lol

Now a link instead of a direct script. http://www.caa.govt.nz/script/air-reg-query/
                    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Cannot understand why anybody would not want to have a user name. Get real and give yourself a title so that we can see your stats!!!!!

Comment

• Some nice `lift` today making for a super range on CHC-BNE!

NiceLift.jpg

And it wasn't a one off, I got 16 position reports between 290 and 298nm.
                        Michael
                        Palmerston North,
                        New Zealand
                        ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Thats a lot flasher than my now antiquated logging/lookups

I dropped my distance calcs since it seemed to do a bunch of nested foreachs that make it work a bit hard
                          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• On any of the tables that have latitude and longitude (target, targetecho and targethistory) just do a geodist(latitude,longitude) after first creating this function:

Code:
                            DROP FUNCTION IF EXISTS GeoDist;
                            CREATE FUNCTION `GeoDist`(lat2 FLOAT, lon2 FLOAT ) RETURNS float
                            BEGIN
                            DECLARE pi, q1, q2, q3 FLOAT;
                            DECLARE rads FLOAT DEFAULT 0;
                            SET pi = PI();
                            SET lat2 = lat2 * pi / 180;
                            SET lon2 = lon2 * pi / 180;
                            SET q1 = COS(xxx.xxxxx * pi / 180-lon2);
                            SET q2 = COS(-xx.xxxxx  * pi / 180-lat2);
                            SET q3 = COS(-xx.xxxxx  * pi / 180+lat2);
                            SET rads = ACOS( 0.5*((1.0+q1)*q2 - (1.0-q1)*q3) );
                            RETURN 3443.9307 * rads;
                            END;
                            Substitute xxx for your receiver latitude and longitude (q2 and q3 are the same) and this will calculate nautical miles. Here's an example:

Code:
                            select * , geodist(latitude,longitude) as `range` 
                              from targetecho 
                              where acid = 'C816BF'
                              and date(utcdetect) = curdate()
                            Enjoy!
                            Michael
                            Palmerston North,
                            New Zealand
                            ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• Michael, I would love to understand all that Math, but calculus and algebra are on another planet from me. Nice to know some can do those maths and enjoy it ; must be a left brain aptitude , but mine is a right brain and visual.

Did anyone notice the Federal Aviation Admin C680 heading for Antarctica this morning (19/10/16); surprised to see such a small jet heading down there. Is it a first I wonder?

Comment

• Michael, I would love to understand all that Math, but calculus and algebra are on another planet from me. Nice to know some can do those maths and enjoy it ; must be a left brain aptitude , but mine is a right brain and visual.

Did anyone notice the Federal Aviation Admin C680 heading for Antarctica this morning (19/10/16); surprised to see such a small jet heading down there. Is it a first I wonder?

Comment

Working...
                                X