Page 258 of 298 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 2978

Thread: New Zealand Radar

FR24 -NZTU1,PP-Pv,Geraldine, Sth Canterbury.
    Beast problems

My Beast receiver has almost died; the rate of reports I see in my Flightaware stats is half what it used to be last year, so I gather a new Beast is indicated. It appears they do have a tendency to 'fade away' after a couple of years, just like old soldiers. I still get the aircraft, but at a much more limited range. Has anyone else notice a report rate dropoff in their Beast receiver.

Super Moderator
    Mine did. And $60 bill later he couldn't find anything wrong with it. What I did find was the dip switches in PP auto config made it go silly. Fixing them to forced settings sorted.

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Mine did. And $60 bill later he couldn't find anything wrong with it. What I did find was the dip switches in PP auto config made it go silly. Fixing them to forced settings sorted.
    Thanks for that Oblivian. So the problem can be fixed in PP? I will have a looksee and get back to you if I my bafflement with tiny electronics continues.

What I did find was the dip switches in PP auto config made it go silly. Fixing them to forced settings sorted.
    In PP had a look at the switch settings in Options/Mode S receiver/Beast. Recommended settings are 3,5,8,9,10. Do I stick with that or change them to what?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Petenz View Post
    In PP had a look at the switch settings in Options/Mode S receiver/Beast. Recommended settings are 3,5,8,9,10. Do I stick with that or change them to what?
    I can't recall what I adjusted them to. But theyre now 'fixed' with the settings rather than auto mode (SW changable)

http://wiki.modesbeast.com/Mode-S_BeastIP_Switches
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Purser
    And if you do decide you want to replace it I'd be happy to talk to you about buying it

Sorry 41 South, this Beast was supplied by Planefinder and they have said they will replace it if I return the faulty Beast

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by Petenz View Post
    Sorry 41 South, this Beast was supplied by Planefinder and they have said they will replace it if I return the faulty Beast
    Ah right, I have one of their new boxes, didn't realize they were a beast on the inside

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ah right, I have one of their new boxes, didn't realize they were a beast on the inside
    What have you got from Planefinder? Is it a plain metal box or is it called a Radarcape, which is mostly a Beast with GPS clock info. Cost difference is enormous . Radarcape is 800 eurs, Beast is 230 Euros.

Purser
    It's a black PF branded box of their own design, with GPS. Reminds me very much of a beast or FR24 box but a different case - but I haven't opened it up yet uploadfromtaptalk1467957800936.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk