Page 256 of 298 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 2978

Thread: New Zealand Radar

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by nzfatmatt View Post
    Side note MLAT3 looks to be back
    Pi's also say it's running on them again. So nice to be back

Super Moderator
    A-ha! I thought there was a pic of it around. So it does go up there, just at the end of it
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Purser
    Anybody know who is supplying data from T-NZWN12 and where it's located? It looks to have NZWN ground traffic well covered and might mean I ditch my planned next receiver

Purser
    Quote Originally Posted by 41south View Post
    Anybody know who is supplying data from T-NZWN12 and where it's located? It looks to have NZWN ground traffic well covered and might mean I ditch my planned next receiver
    That's me. F-3, T-7,12. I'm playing round with antenna's, cables and FlightAware dongles when I get MCX-F - SMA-M which is on a slow boat from AliExpress.

I only see the main terminal to have reliable coverage of that. As mentioned in week I lose them north of Alpha 5/ Fire and south of 6/7. I do get some positions towards the end but unreliably. Depending how long it is FR loses them sometimes. Have no coverage on short finals either way. Also I have noticed in the last couple of weeks when I had everything down, ground and some approach coverage becomes patchy at best. So it relies on Vodafone cable actually working. Not the most reliable service on earth but it's very ADSL or that.

SOFIA helped me finally stretch range legs last night 206NM to SE. Usually it's the South America flights around Napier where I get just below 200NM.

Super Moderator
    OKQ inbound to AKL with the new AB livery
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Super Moderator

Purser
    It's been nice to check in on it during its journey. Will be interesting to see where it lands, hopefully for their sake somewhere nice and firm. Maybe they could try and land it on a barge, it's the in thing and so simple

Purser
    I sound like broken record. SOFIA is flying again. Nothing on its project page on the flight ,nor is there a route on FlightAware yet.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nzfatmatt View Post
    I sound like broken record. SOFIA is flying again. Nothing on its project page on the flight ,nor is there a route on FlightAware yet.
    Looked like equipment change this morn and some maintenance around the lights so may be testing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    There goes that theory. Might be non NASA (DLA) missions between now and the 18th that don't get listed?