New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Dang, similar to last year isn't it. Though it lasted a lot longer last year. Went to Australia first I think I remember.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
      Dang, similar to last year isn't it. Though it lasted a lot longer last year. Went to Australia first I think I remember.

Indeed. Last year didn't appear to go anywhere near as long as the loons and tests prior. I recall having one come past 3 or so times
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• A quick question, do all aircraft have to have a transponder running?

I often am sitting at home and hear something in the sky so look it up on my local PiAware and there is nothing there. Main culprits seem to be some light aircraft and helicopters, esspecially the Police one (kind of makes sense if they don't use one). I am configureds for MLAT so usually see those.

Comment

• Your mlats are only on those with ssr transponders but no gps integration. Or position tx off.

Those that don't appear at all are vfr only at a guess. Usually small AC that don't go near high enough for commercial airspace control possibly

Plenty of STOL and home builts with none. Guess there's some rulings around being fitted with one and not

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• The following seems to include the time frame etc for ADS-B fitment in New Zealand;

If it's anything like Australia there will be exceptions as you've noted.

There's a little more info here although I haven't read the entire document/s;

Regards,
            Gregg
            Last edited by fungus; 2017-05-12, 05:39.
            YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• First Q300 with ADS-B. Onto second flight today. Obviously been in maintenance since 7 May. Let the rollout continue. Heard that it would be by end of year.

Comment

• ZK-NEA?

I have to wonder if that's a successful FR24 MLAT mislabel?

zknea.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                  ZK-NEA?

I have to wonder if that's a successful FR24 MLAT mislabel?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8673[/ATTACH]
                  NFA. Sorry didn't realise the screenshot which was readable is now not readable. It's in Wellington last time I checked. Definitely ADS-B. Saw it on Dump1090.

Comment

• Not made it down here yet in last 48hrs

Comment

• It had its first flight this afternoon. NS-EN-RO-WN. So your still to await the privilege!

Comment

• The wife and I recently had the privilege of sitting adjacent the Interisland Ferry Terminal in Wellington Harbour and watching all the aircraft shoot the ILS into WLG Rwy16 in drizzly, overcast but fortunately enough acceptable conditions for photography. Even managed a RZNAF C130H Herc as well as all the usual culprits.

You guys have an absolutely beautiful country with plenty of aviation to keep an aussie intrigued for hours and hours. Thanks to you local uploaders who were able to give me the id's of all the flights that day.

just one example ZK-OXK- ANZ445 A320 AKL-WLG complete with landing and anti-collision lights and 'gear down';

ANZ A320.jpg

Sadly I didn't have my 70D with the 150-500mm lens since it's a tad too heavy to lug around but nonetheless got some good shots.

Regards,
                        Gregg
                        Last edited by fungus; 2017-05-19, 13:25.
                        YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

• Oblivian, NFA is scheduled WN-TU at 1015. NZ8193 so RLK193. You should see it in a bit.

Comment

• ZK-NEZ.GIF
                            It would appear that we have another ADSB Q300 operational since 8 June ZK-NEZ
                            Edit: May have been 30 May not Jun 8
                            Last edited by Westone; 2017-06-08, 22:43. Reason: update

Comment

• Causing a bit of a callsign headache. They knew to translate nz8 and nz5 to short NZ/nzm if not 'unknown' but now theres a mixture with this new rlk (regional link?) addition

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]8712[/ATTACH]
                                It would appear that we have another ADSB Q300 operational since 8 June ZK-NEZ
                                Edit: May have been 30 May not Jun 8
                                27 May if you have a look further back, when it came out of a week of maintenance. It's been nice to see 2 in the air at one time over the past couple of weeks. Waiting for the next one now!

Comment

Working...
                                X