New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
    Unless they are still there but you can't see them due to F- box activity...
    Yes of course, you are right. Except I do not 100 % buy into the dogma of F-receivers as the demon beasts. Yes, they are optimized and will often beat T-receivers, but other factors play a big part. As I mentioned other T-'s show up all the time especially T-NZAA2 and T-NZAA8. Unobstructed view to the targets seems to be much more important around Auckland.

Comment

• Our you do what I did and stuff up a couple of station allocations and the numbers get skipped :-D

sent from my phone that isn't an i anything!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
        T-NZAA8 is also fairly new which indicates that 9, 10 and 11 has come and gone within the last few months. I never saw them.
        I've only seen myself (12) once so far, that was for a very low altitude flight out of North Shore. I held it until about Takapuna, then NZAA8 took over.

Comment

• Be hard to beat those 2. Very high locations (potentially the tower itself) and very high gain antennas. Seeing about 400nm out
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
            Unless they are still there but you can't see them due to F- box activity...
            Originally posted by Kpin View Post
            Yes of course, you are right. Except I do not 100 % buy into the dogma of F-receivers as the demon beasts. Yes, they are optimized and will often beat T-receivers, but other factors play a big part. As I mentioned other T-'s show up all the time especially T-NZAA2 and T-NZAA8. Unobstructed view to the targets seems to be much more important around Auckland.
            Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
            Be hard to beat those 2. Very high locations (potentially the tower itself) and very high gain antennas. Seeing about 400nm out
            Location location location, the single most important factor followed by height.

400nm.. wow. amazing. 250nm for me sometimes and I am happy hehe.

Comment

• My wild stab in the dark I'd need to draw some lines to confirm in google earth. But its a looonnng way. Probably more likely to be high 200s to be honest which is more 400kms heh
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• My best this year was yesterday QFA 28 at 272 NM and I am 650 feet asl . I have been quite successful lately with Multilat positions, but discover that the aircraft symbol I use usually points in quite the wrong direction and even if I use a triangle icon the contrail would point it the wrong way

Comment

• I was wondering if anyone else was having more success as me. For some reason my incoming data from you guys is a lot slower and comes in waves/bursts so more often than not unable to get a fix. However as I am SMU piggy in the middle it should in theory help with others getting a fix. However looking at the stats I have not assisted in the monthly figures.

A change was made a few weeks back as I was getting data from a NZ share code that is now allocated to the UK, so my 'zone' of coverage was half the globe all of a sudden. This has now been trimmed back from palmerston nth overlap to dunedin.

Comment

• Today, something has happened to stop me using the Mlat function. no data in or out and as far as I can tell the Port forward static address in my router seems unchanged. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Comment

• Still got the arrows both directions? Unless you save them as 'on' as default if you open/close PP it may go back to 1 way only

Comment

• Yes both arrows are showing and i/o settings show UDP, Raw data and Mlat as enabled. Everything else seems to work perfectly.

Comment

• It seems I can send raw data but still cannot receive data and so with Mlat I can only see one side of the transmissions. The blue lines are only the ones I produce . All the I/O settings are correct and my router is sending UDP on 9742 so I am rather bamboozled as I can't seem to get any help from PP either.

Comment

• F-NZCH2 online now. Based in South Brighton, Christchurch. I seem to get quite good range besides where the port hills block my view. What is the best tool to plot (estimate, accumulate over time) the range?

Comment

• Adsbscope

Regards
                              For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• The built in tools. Check the associated email for details on the web statistics etc. Or SBSPlotter.

Comment

Working...
                                X