New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
    Causing a bit of a callsign headache. They knew to translate nz8 and nz5 to short NZ/nzm if not 'unknown' but now theres a mixture with this new rlk (regional link?) addition

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
    A bit haphazard matching things up. Sometimes it does, sometimes not!

Comment

• Keep the eyes open Wellington.

Those following MRC blog may have noticed this, mentioning wellywood

Embraer has embarked on a 40-day international sales tour with its KC-390 tanker/transport, which will bring the twinjet to Sweden before making a debut Paris air show appearance next week.

And for US, Nasa SOFIA due 23rd.

They will update facebook when their ETA is known
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
        Keep the eyes open Wellington.

Those following MRC blog may have noticed this, mentioning wellywood

Embraer has embarked on a 40-day international sales tour with its KC-390 tanker/transport, which will bring the twinjet to Sweden before making a debut Paris air show appearance next week.

And for US, Nasa SOFIA due 23rd.

They will update facebook when their ETA is known
        Flying overhead as we speak

Comment

• Am noticing a few of Air Nelson fleet with ADS-B, finally...

Comment

• Been offline a lot lately due to faulty HDD and only just noticed the NEK and NFA with Lat and Long positions and they are not Mlats; how long has this been effected? Are there other Dash8's fitted with ADS-B?

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
              Been offline a lot lately due to faulty HDD and only just noticed the NEK and NFA with Lat and Long positions and they are not Mlats; how long has this been effected? Are there other Dash8's fitted with ADS-B?
              NEG,NEK,NEZ,NFA. I think that's all so far. First one was just over a month ago. They spend a week in Nelson for maintenance and return to flight with ADS-B.

Comment

• Probably only the Air Nelson a/c's will be fitted with Ads-b; the few AT75's will probably be discarded as they age. Goodbye Mlats, perhaps.

Comment

Probably only the Air Nelson a/c's will be fitted with Ads-b; the few AT75's will probably be discarded as they age. Goodbye Mlats, perhaps.
                  And hello ADS-B[emoji3]

The old ATR's will be replaced over coming years, so it seems like there is no point to bother upgrading them. If I remember it's ADS-B mandatory above 24500 from next year sometime. ATR is 25000 max, so can operate below anyway.

Comment

Been offline a lot lately due to faulty HDD and only just noticed the NEK and NFA with Lat and Long positions and they are not Mlats; how long has this been effected? Are there other Dash8's fitted with ADS-B?

It appears that the following Q300's now have ADSB fitted. ZK-NFA, NEF, NEG, NEK, NEM, NEU, NEW, NEZ

Opps. May not be 100% correct.
                    Last edited by Westone; 2017-06-29, 22:30. Reason: update

Comment

• Now the problem will be getting all those private a/c more visible on screen A very few have Ads-b , most don't even have Mode S and operate still on Mode C. Primary radar is to be discontinued soon and surely it is in the interest of private a/c owners to have their alt and position known to other users of the sky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                        It appears that the following Q300's now have ADSB fitted. ZK-NFA, NEF, NEG, NEK, NEM, NEU, NEW, NEZ

Opps. May not be 100% correct.
                        Yeah I was questioning whether I had missed some. NEF, NEM, NEU, NEW are all still MLAT on a check of FR24.

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
                          Yeah I was questioning whether I had missed some. NEF, NEM, NEU, NEW are all still MLAT on a check of FR24.
                          Yes just did a check myself. Must have my head in the clouds. Could be a result of being knocked out in hospital yesterday/ Things a bit foggy

Comment

Now the problem will be getting all those private a/c more visible on screen A very few have Ads-b , most don't even have Mode S and operate still on Mode C. Primary radar is to be discontinued soon and surely it is in the interest of private a/c owners to have their alt and position known to other users of the sky.
                            Reading stuff on NSS.govt.nz

From Feb last year. Stage 2: 2018-2020, ADS-B mandatory Airspace above FL 245.

Stage 3: 2021-2023
                            ADS-B out mandatory in all controlled Airspace from 2021.

So there's still a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                              Yes just did a check myself. Must have my head in the clouds. Could be a result of being knocked out in hospital yesterday/ Things a bit foggy
                              Knocked out in hospital. Hope that means general, not getting knocked out with hit to head. Hope all is well.

Hmm foggy, sure you aren't in Auckland right now?!

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
                                Knocked out in hospital. Hope that means general, not getting knocked out with hit to head. Hope all is well.

Hmm foggy, sure you aren't in Auckland right now?!
                                Yes all well. Was a general

Comment

Working...
                                X