No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see one of the Google balloons in CHCH, Wainoni on the ground, might that be the google CHCH base for the balloons?
    LoonHbalXXX.png

Comment

• Hbal 218 spotted at Fl350 at 10.25, increasing alt over Rangitata River. Probably released near Tekapo. Heading NW,but slightly more westerly. Possibly be over Christchurch in half an hour
      Last edited by Petenz; 2014-06-27, 22:41. Reason: new info

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
        Hbal 218 spotted at Fl350 at 10.25, increasing alt over Rangitata River. Probably released near Tekapo. Heading NW,but slightly more westerly. Possibly be over Christchurch in half an hour
        Thanks for the heads up... keeping an eye.

Comment

• Looks like a whole gaggle of balloons are going up from Tekapo area , 5 so far all heading up the Island and then diverting out over the coast south of Christchurch; FL650 seems to be the goal.

Comment

• 270nm. New record for me.

Wish I had spotted them earlier, don't have the range plotter open all the time
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• ARRRGHHH accidently hihlighted one in the aircraft list. = past tracks GONE and now cant deselect it to get accurate distances.

I may not have got that far, HBAL218 was coming in now and hen as shared/MLAT data. Still have HBAL219 on contact though
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Spotted Hbal 218 at 334 NM when I came home at 10 PM ; at FL660 no surprises there. Appears to be 10 balloons up and all well out in the Pacific. Hbal 219 now at 274 NM
                Last edited by Petenz; 2014-06-28, 10:11. Reason: Further info + more info

Comment

• At10 AM this morning Hbal 229 going through FL150 just NW of Waypoint 'mamus'. My greatest distance noted of these balloons yesterday was 350 NM, but at FL660 was still quite good. At 229's present course it seems to look as if I may get a visual in 20 minutes.
                  Last edited by Petenz; 2014-06-28, 22:20. Reason: New info

Comment

• 1026 AM, Hbal 229 just coming into view at FL310 . This is the second time I have had good visuals of these balloons. It is about 25 NM from my position.

Comment

• 229 passed directly over my position at 1047, but camera couldn't focus on it as it was too small at FL510.

Comment

• 2220 hrs this was my PP screen

29-6-14 balloons at 333 NM.jpg

Comment

• Thats interesting, you don't see the Kabka crossings or wellington approach, yet from ground, I do

Scored 2 lenghts of LMR400 this morning, oh the possibilities

Comment

• Two more receivers heading for NZ, according to Mike. Wonder where exactly.
                            How is NZGT doing btw? New mast up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
                              Two more receivers heading for NZ, according to Mike. Wonder where exactly.
                              How is NZGT doing btw? New mast up?
                              I recall BPO said he will be away of the country for about 3-4weeks sometime in June. Think he has a lot to work on on restoring full service for the observatory after a fire in April once he is back. I am sure he will drop a message to say hello and give us an update when he is able to.

Comment

• Yesterdays loons2.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X