Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A miracle...

mlat2.jpg
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• [QUOTEA miracle...][/QUOTE]

I tried twice to get that RNZAF flight to Antarctic; I knew it was going there because I could tell by the Sharer column as it went further south my receiver picked it up more strongly and the ChCh guys dropped off. I have had some success recently with Multilat but only very occasionally.

Comment

• The astute would have spotted a very new C17 drop in to CHC just after 11 last night. 10-0217. 2012 vintage
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• This doesn't sound promising.

We could see this as a last mission pull out!

Comment

• This doesn't sound promising.

We could see this as a last mission pull out!
            I wonder if there is more to it than meets the eye. Australia does belong to a military accord with the US and we don't, ever since we pulled out of ANZUS. But then again the Republicans are raising hell in the Senate. If this does come to pass a lot of jobs in ChCh will be lost as well as a lot of US personnel missing out on various relationships in the City, not to mention the scientific work that will go down the drain, both for the US and NZ. I don't think NZ Govt will foot the bill alone; they don't have the scientific foresight!

Comment

• You have been keeping an eye on the tv and read that right? the US is in a bit of financial turmoil. Attempting to prevent another GFC, and nasa had all its funding cuts (ala no more shuttles) some time ago. Aint no cash for any sort of non bullet backed spending expeditions.

Comment

• And as I say that... another one confirming it

Comment

• ...Another confirming the shutdown is in effect

Comment

• Are things a bit stormy in AKL? Lots of a/c doing lazy circles and turning back to Welly and Chc. Looks like things are going to get pretty messy for ATC

Comment

• It'll be the left overs from the front heading north. We had a lot of over-nighters in CHC due your WLG closed with 125K gusts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                        It'll be the left overs from the front heading north. We had a lot of over-nighters in CHC due your WLG closed with 125K gusts.
                        Yep, she was pretty rough here all right. Around 2000 last night the DPD and it's pole got ripped off the facia of the house and dumped 15m down a bank next to us. I'll have to wait for the rain to stop to get it back up on the roof, it looks to be physically ok though. Might put some braces on it this time

A/c are landing again but all the ones that diverted are still heading south.

Comment

• Righto, with a nice calm afternoon and no rain the T-NZWN2 DPD is now back where it belongs ... with suitable bracing

Range checks in progress at the moment but it looks like all is well so far, which just goes to show how well constructed this antenna is

Comment

• Out of curiosity does anyone know who the Cessna 525C CitationJet CJ4 that seems to be buzzing back and forth Auckland/Christchurch belongs to?
                            Last edited by 41south; 2013-10-15, 20:36.

Comment

• Originally posted by 41south View Post
                              Out of curiosity on does anyone know who the Cessna 525C CitationJet CJ4 that seems to be buzzing back and forth Auckland/Christchurch belongs to?

Zk-pga or zk-tbm

Saw it last night ex chc. Used for charters of celebs that don't bring their own sometimes

Also had contact with pjs new g650 yesterday with new hex.

It's a shame there is a blanket ban on bizzies as pga is one who happily txs location.

Comment

• ZK-PGA is a regular on my screens. Pacific Jets I think. What do you mean by a blanket ban on Business acft. Certainly very few of the local BIZ acft seem to have ads-b; quite a few of the Aus and US Biz acft seem to be so equipped.

Comment

Working...
                                X