No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOH! I double dipped with someone else and shipped it to a hotel for his partner to pick up Makes it a bit cheaper (and we hit him up for tax discount for export)
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• T-NZNV1 feed spotted back online, can't remember how long ago it was since I last saw it - months and months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tahii View Post
        T-NZNV1 feed spotted back online, can't remember how long ago it was since I last saw it - months and months ago.
        Thanks. Had to crawl around in the roof space as my antenna cable had disconnected. Took the opportunity to replace the T stick with a new one and first contact was inbound from MEL I think to ZQN and clocked at 170nm from my location

Comment

• Yep, saw that one, nearly spat my coffee when I did, thought you must have moved. I'm still using my stock antenna, managed to get 160nm on it earlier today

Comment

• Flight plans for the SOFIA 747 have now been posted here: http://www.sofia.usra.edu/Science/pr...ightPlans.html

They last about 10 hours starting at 6pm NZST e.g.

201307_GR_01_PostMOPS.png
            201307_GR_09_PostMOPS.png

Comment

• BTW, whomever runs NZTU1 (or is it NZTU2?, can't remember... one of the Timaru stations anyway), the reach on that is very impressive!
              Both NZTU1 and NZTU2 are using DPD antennas bought from the US and in the case of TU1 I have LMR 400 coax cable with very low loss. Incidentally I am at 650 feet above sea level. I will post a few photos later today to show my setup if it is any help.

Antennas.JPGSetup.jpgVHF.jpgBeast.JPG

This is my setup at 650 feet above sea level on the Geraldine Downs.
              Last edited by Petenz; 2013-07-12, 23:37. Reason: Pics

Comment

• nice. back to back with no day breaks like I was expecting.

shame they keep, pushing the arrival back

delayed already. never left on plan midnight our time it seems
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Templeton View Post
                  Flight plans for the SOFIA 747 have now been posted here: http://www.sofia.usra.edu/Science/pr...ightPlans.html

They last about 10 hours starting at 6pm NZST e.g.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2317[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]2318[/ATTACH]
                  Cool, will the aircraft register on flightradar ?

Comment

• only via faa estimated positions. half waynhere as of a little over an hr ago. eta 0930

make that 1030

they left late
                    Last edited by Oblivian; 2013-07-13, 19:36.

Comment

• At least it has Mode-S ... from PP sharer 'es', it appears to have landed at 9.28am, I assume at AKL...

EDIT: From flightaware new time for NZCH is 11:02...
                      Last edited by Templeton; 2013-07-13, 21:48. Reason: Added ETA

Comment

• And now hail. Nooo

Delayed again after akl fuel stop it seems. Will have to have done customs clearance there which will make things faster. But still... Annoying waiting after so many changes.

Even a press guy got sent out at 8 to see it. Been Yacking with him about fr24 and tracking

Comment

• Even a press guy got sent out at 8 to see it. Been Yacking with him about fr24 and tracking
                          The US seems to be so slow to institute ADSB in its aircraft. Wonder if it's their usual paranoia showing; if 'they' know where our planes are the terrorists would know too.......etc. Even NZ planes are becoming better equipped.

Comment

• Landed between hail/rain showers at 12:10...
                            369C4276.jpg

Comment

• Damn you for living closer IMG_4841.jpgIMG_4872.jpg

Comment

• Apart from seeing the tracks in the Mode C Altitudes and the 'aircraft view' in PlanePlotter, Sofia747 is a non event; not even the FAA showed positions in FR24.

Comment

Working...
                                X