Page 21 of 298 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Radar

Passenger
    Hi Cantabs. I seem to finally have my PlanePlotter up and running. I've configured the settings as per your post from last week, Oblivian, and I seem to be sharing aok. Hopefully that may make a difference to the MLAT. Mark / NZCH4

Super Moderator
    Glad it helped

Passenger
    For the Canterbury area users, i see another 2 users showing up L8 and eR and yr so hopefully they join the MLAT group too
    Last edited by NZWND NDB; 2012-10-07 at 07:15.

Passenger
    I think I am yr; where did you see that pop up?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by quaternary View Post
    I think I am yr; where did you see that pop up?
    If you enable shared data as above, then a lot of the AC in the list (press a) will appear with a column down the right called 'sharers' where who else is sharing the same plane shows.

If its missing you adjust the aircraft list display columns/options.

FR24 -NZTU1,PP-Pv,Geraldine, Sth Canterbury.
    Got a few (6) hypercurves all centered in the Christchurch area which seemed to show a definite position Very encouraging.I seem to be the only 'country' member being situated away out in Geraldine. Be good to have another sharer near Mt Somers. Anyone want to move?

Passenger
    Thanks for that, Oblivian. I see the 'Sharers' column now in the 'Aircraft View' window, on right hand side of the table. I've been looking at the documentation to work out why most are in a light, bright green text, but a few are in black, but without success. The other curious thing is that my sharecode seems to have spontaneously changed. It was yr, now it's L8. Also, on this page: http://www.coaa.co.uk/ppuserversions.php my sharecode L8 doesn't have the '+' in front of it, so there must be something I don't have set up correctly I'm guessing; I'll have to go through and check my settings again when I have a moment.

Super Moderator
    Hmm, Sharecode shouldn't change. Unless registration number or server side has too. May pay to go help-about to check and perhaps email Bev or the team to clarify why it could change.

The colours are indicative of if the source uploader is a Groundstation, Master User or just a sharer. Green should mean an auto-Mlat is enabled/possible on any non-position aircraft (no GPS info in the field) as long as there is a couple of different sharers listed and a known position aircraft to use as a reference. Orange aircraft I think is it might be possible.

The + on the maps indicates person has signed up to yahoogroup planeplotter-mlat and requested groundstation authentication (generally have to be a 24/7 uploader to be granted)

Passenger
    Ok, I think I've done all that now, Oblivian, let's see ... I've got a +. Whohoo.

Passenger
    Here's a map of how the Cantabs lie - we are all quite linear, aren't we. I agree with Petenz - I think someone should move to Mt Somers - I hear it's very nice this time of year.South Island Shares.png