X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head aches gone thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
      I see that we have new radar T-NZGT1 tracking aircraft out over the Tasman sea this afternoon. Perhaps it is BPO running again with different receiver?.
      Will have a look later when I have time... Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• The risk with shared data systems... Bung data

Check out the GGxxxx transponders

bungppdata.jpg
        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
          I see that we have new radar T-NZGT1 tracking aircraft out over the Tasman sea this afternoon. Perhaps it is BPO running again with different receiver?.
          Yes, 'tis us. The original receiver was discovered to be non-functional when the station was being recommissioned, but FR24 got a new one to us in a couple of days, so I can't blame them!

GT is indeed GlenTanner. Not sure why we've been assigned that one, when the Omarama airfield (NZOA?) is at the foot of the mountain, but Mt Cook is quite distant. Not a complaint, just curious.

Also, I noticed an HK (Hokitika?) station getting massive range: Nicely illustrating the points being made about "elevation vs coastal." Oh, and what is "EST-1" (or similar)? That too shows some major range.

Anyway, sorry for the protracted delay in getting our ADS-B online, and I hope it stays active for a longer period than last time. (Alas, no, it still hasn't been moved to it's ultimate summit location... We'll get there.)

Gary/bpo
          Benmore Peak Observatory
          Omarama, NZ

Comment

• T-EST1 is a combination of feeds. Faa/secondary radar and the likes I believe
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              T-EST1 is a combination of feeds. Faa/secondary radar and the likes I believe
              Okay.

Another question: The FR24 receiver status page shows RADAR CODE: F-NZUK1 despite the station supposedly being F-NZGT1. Either of these codes are alternately displayed when aircraft are detected.

Should the F-NZUK1 code be edited/amended to read F-NZGT1 and, if so, how is it done?

Comment

• Hi BPO try emailing FR24 support I am sure they can fix it for you,,dont think theres anything you can change yourself..good to see you back on air...im a newbie too.. NZLX1...

Comment

• Originally posted by BPO View Post
                  Okay.

Another question: The FR24 receiver status page shows RADAR CODE: F-NZUK1 despite the station supposedly being F-NZGT1. Either of these codes are alternately displayed when aircraft are detected.

Should the F-NZUK1 code be edited/amended to read F-NZGT1 and, if so, how is it done?
                  I think that you should contact support, they alter things at there end. On the flightradar24 website/phone apps you have been comming up as T-NZGT1, as opposed to F-NZTG1.

Comment

• Okay, I've just sent them a message.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPO View Post
                      Okay.

Welcome back... After losing contact from you for so long.

Comment

• Thanks!

F-NZGT1 (Glentanner) is now F-NZUK1 (Pukaki).

Comment

• ZK-MVF or F-WWEC.jpg

ZK-MVF pictured on December 15th 2014. Could be due in NZ around mid january.
                          Last edited by Petenz; 2014-12-30, 19:35.

Comment

• flightradar24scrrenshotjumbo.jpg Happy New Year. Silly question, but what is the difference between the "T" and "F" prefixes?

I applied to become a FR24 host back in March 2014, I didn't hear anything until late November when I got an email "Action Required - Hosting Flightradar24 ADS-B Equipment - Second Step"

So from mid December, I have been a host. One of my proudest moments is when I saw the FR24 box flickering, I checked the website and there were no flights in the immediate area until I scrolled out.

My coverage of my feeds is modest compared to what i have seen from the rest of you guys, I hope that my modest coverage is helping complete the larger picture.

Cheers

Bill
                            Last edited by Bilstein; 2015-01-02, 06:43.

Comment

• This should be about 99% correct.

Radar: F-xxxx = FR24 boxes / Hardware feeders.
                              Radar: T-xxxx = Users owned boxes uploading to FR24 / Software feeders.

More about the feeder codes on this post
                              All about feeding data to Flightradar24 (The Flightradar24 receiver, Raspberry Pi and Windows feeding software). No discussions about Flightradar24 web or apps.
                              Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                              [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                                This should be about 99% correct.

Radar: F-xxxx = FR24 boxes / Hardware feeders.
                                Radar: T-xxxx = Users owned boxes uploading to FR24 / Software feeders.

More about the feeder codes on this post
                                http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...ll=1#post42523
                                Thanks for that :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X