No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This might not sound very exciting for all you "old hands" but Im picking up "positions reported" on those balloons out at sea in the east.
    Certaintly going to have to raise my antenna a bit to see what happens,Im also getting hits on planes from ALK-CHCH.Rather cool considering theres a rather large line of mountains in the way!

Comment

• Originally posted by coaster View Post
      This might not sound very exciting for all you "old hands" but Im picking up "positions reported" on those balloons out at sea in the east.
      Certaintly going to have to raise my antenna a bit to see what happens,Im also getting hits on planes from ALK-CHCH.Rather cool considering theres a rather large line of mountains in the way!
      The guys down south often get the loons miles out too. Their altitude helps.

Press did another story on It this morn. http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/new...t-over-capital

I was asked what the dot in the sky was to the south of chc about 7 last night that the sun was lighting. After sightings up north earlier last week of the test releases figured it would be them again
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I think there must be holes in those mountains. Picked up an aircraft near lake Wahapo from Ashburton for a short time today. Which was a bit of a surprise.

Comment

• Have tracking HBAL054, which I currently have over Arthurs Pass National Park, near Waimak river. But FR24 website have it in front of HBAL051heading south to Alexandra. Anyone else picking this up?

Comment

• I have HBAL054 not far from Ashburton this morning with a track over Arthurs Pass. I saw a balloon jumping position on Monday so I wonder if two have been set to the same hex code...

Comment

• Originally posted by Templeton View Post
              I have HBAL054 not far from Ashburton this morning with a track over Arthurs Pass. I saw a balloon jumping position on Monday so I wonder if two have been set to the same hex code...
              Seems to be in the right place on website this morning. Just passed over our house. Did notice those up north jumping about on monday as well. Glitch in the system somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westone View Post
                Seems to be in the right place on website this morning. Just passed over our house. Did notice those up north jumping about on monday as well. Glitch in the system somewhere.
                I do seem to recall clicking those northbound ones and seeing straight lines inland. It may be the hex and or callsign is matching previous ones that went up the middle instead and is causing a bit of overlap when looking at historic data.

Note also before the 2 major releases there was only the odd test release out of alex, with adsb only enabled periodically. Caused quite a stir as per that stuff article I posted up north. I have tracks of them only going for a few hrs at a time, before dropping off and returning later.
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Seems a few of us have been struck with the planeplotter server error this morning

I'm no longer ft after many years, but all of a sudden PH. booooo

Comment

• I'm no longer ft after many years, but all of a sudden PH. booooo

Also PH seem to be a different colour on my aircraft view. Fo has also become R9 and for a while he lost GS-MU status. Oddly I remain Pv and status unchanged. Fo switches off at night and that may be the reason why the changes took place.

Comment

• Possibly not a SMU/Master anymore due to change. And cant check on status as the web is down

Comment

• I see that we have new radar T-NZGT1 tracking aircraft out over the Tasman sea this afternoon. Perhaps it is BPO running again with different receiver?.

Comment

• Just saw that too.Given myself headache trying to work out what GT stands for!!I know itll be simple!

Comment

Just saw that too.Given myself headache trying to work out what GT stands for!!I know itll be simple!
                            Glen Tanner

Comment

• Glentanner

Comment

• Snap! Small airfield in mt Cook region

Comment

Working...
                                X