No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I notice a C17 from Joint Lewis-McChord has arrived in Christchurch; possibly getting the Globemaster ready for the Ice. Flights are due to start 27 October.
    Still no ADS-B on the ATR 76's; must be a holdup in the certifying . Pity they don't modify the Q300's for ADS-B as they seem to do the majority of the domestic route flights. I know they are modifying them for 'Beta Lockout' , a safety measure.

Comment

• Anyone else in Canterbury been picking up signals from ground stations at Mt Studholme and just north of Dunedin over the past couple of days.
      Just under 5 hours worth from Studholme yesterday. Short bursts today

Comment

• Anyone else in Canterbury been picking up signals from ground stations at Mt Studholme and just north of Dunedin over the past couple of days.
        Just under 5 hours worth from Studholme yesterday. Short bursts today
        I have the icon (C87ED5) on continually which is annoying as it shows as a small plane icon. C87ED7 down near Invercargill flashes at me at odd intervals luckily as a small grey triangle.
        Last edited by Petenz; 2014-09-26, 11:22. Reason: addition

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
          I notice a C17 from Joint Lewis-McChord has arrived in Christchurch; possibly getting the Globemaster ready for the Ice. Flights are due to start 27 October.
          Still no ADS-B on the ATR 76's; must be a holdup in the certifying . Pity they don't modify the Q300's for ADS-B as they seem to do the majority of the domestic route flights. I know they are modifying them for 'Beta Lockout' , a safety measure.
          Yep, open day on the 11th to go meet the crew too.

It was meant to do a low fly pass over the city like last year, but word has it someone forgot to file the request properly so was not granted.

Did a standard 3000ft min approach with a wing waggle over hagley park
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Since the last bout of abuse directed at me I've not bothered to mention these sorts of milestones I've been made aware of - but those keeping tabs on things would have noted the 2nd 789 ZK-NZF arrive into AKL today. And new 777 yesterday.
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Air New Zealand Boeing 777-300ER ZK-OKS at Auckland Airport
              Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
              [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Since the last bout of abuse directed at me.....
                I am surprised to hear this Oblivian; I had no idea this sort of thing could happen on here; we are after all a friendly group and with no need to take umbrage at fellow enthusiasts. You have been entirely helpful to all the newbies and I applaud your attitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Petenz View Post
                  I am surprised to hear this Oblivian; I had no idea this sort of thing could happen on here; we are after all a friendly group and with no need to take umbrage at fellow enthusiasts. You have been entirely helpful to all the newbies and I applaud your attitude.
                  Indeed, Most examples got zapped pretty quick water off a ducks back really.

Comment

• From the New Feeder Spotted board:

F-NZLX1 activated in Alexandra, New Zealand

Cool!
                    Michael
                    Palmerston North,
                    New Zealand
                    ex-FR24 Feeder

Comment

• I wonder if that is the queenstown guys finding a spot to relocate theirs to.

Still some gaps in MLAT to close up, just wish I knew which areas and spacing specifically would help (or which are currently producting the visible hits we see today to work out)

Comment

• Originally posted by nzradar View Post
                        From the New Feeder Spotted board:

F-NZLX1 activated in Alexandra, New Zealand

Cool!
                        Perhaps this is NZQN1 relocated.

Comment

• Hi
                          I am F-NZLX1 which was NZQN1 they passed their equipment on to me,hopefully they may get back on air in the future.
                          It appears there was no one waiting in Queenstown to host a receiver.
                          I applied about 10 months ago and out of the blue received an email asking if I would would host one.
                          Last edited by baznz; 2014-09-30, 22:24. Reason: Error

Comment

• Originally posted by baznz View Post
                            Hi
                            I am F-NZLX1 which was NZQN1 they passed their equipment on to me,hopefully they may get back on air in the future.
                            It appears there was no one waiting in Queenstown to host a receiver.
                            I applied about 10 months ago and out of the blue received an email asking if I would would host one.
                            Ahh suspicions confirmed. Welcome aboard.

I was trying to get it into the airport itself, but the parties involved were a bit apprehensive. Good to see it got somewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                              Ahh suspicions confirmed. Welcome aboard.

I was trying to get it into the airport itself, but the parties involved were a bit apprehensive. Good to see it got somewhere
                              Thanks for the welcome,it would be great to have a receiver on the airport but most corparations are not too interested in hosting as the usually subcribe to one of the commercial flight trackers..I actually work for an airline at NZQN and use FR24.
                              Maybe in the future someone will come on board..!

Comment

• Originally posted by baznz View Post
                                Thanks for the welcome,it would be great to have a receiver on the airport but most corparations are not too interested in hosting as the usually subcribe to one of the commercial flight trackers..I actually work for an airline at NZQN and use FR24.
                                Maybe in the future someone will come on board..!
                                Indeed theres 2 parties, those that think its naughty and getting involved would be dangerous, and those that think its a blessing. Amazed at the number of them that use FR24 to keep an eye on incoming movements Some of them here rely on ground handling to radio up changes in ETA etc for the desk staff to head down, but often see/hear of them loading up FR to confirm the info.

Comment

Working...
                                X