No announcement yet.

SPAM?: Free Apps & Exclusive Website Features To All Flightradar24 Data Feeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPAM?: Free Apps & Exclusive Website Features To All Flightradar24 Data Feeders

The above is the subject of a spam mail i got. At least i assume it's spam.
    I use a seperate email account for where ever i go, so if this is not from fl24, your server(s) got compromised.

It contents:

from: Flightradar24 <support@fr24.com> via mail52.us1.mcsv.net
    reply-to: Flightradar24 <support@fr24.com>
    to: flightradar24@<my mail domain>
    date: Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 10:57 AM
    subject: Free Apps & Exclusive Website Features To All Flightradar24 Data Feeders
    signed-by: mail52.us1.mcsv.net

Dear Flightradar24 data feeder,

My name is Fredrik Lindahl and I’m the CEO of Flightradar24.

First of all, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for feeding data to our ADS-B network. Flightradar24 would not exist today without the support from the likes of you.

To show our gratitude, we have created Flightradar24 Premium and made it available for free to all of our active data feeders. Flightradar24 Premium includes exclusive website features such as a radar view, bookmarks functionality, ability to view the map in full-screen mode without ads and time-outs. You’ll also get access to our smartphone apps for free!

Find out more about Flightradar24 Premium and create your account here:

flightradar24.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5e1646d34152669156ed50339&id=812c677aa7&e= 198b34f735

Please note that Flightradar24 Premium is only available for free to ADS-B receiver owners who feed data regularly to the Flightradar24 network. Your Premium account remains active for 7 days after your last feed. If you have to stop feeding for more than 7 days, your Premium account will automatically be reactivated as soon as you start feeding data again.

If you are currently not feeding data to Flightradar24 and would like to get started again, please check out:

flightradar24.us5.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5e1646d34152669156ed50339&id=e3f16643d1&e= 198b34f735

Your existing sharing key will work with our latest feeder software. If you’ve not made a note of the key, please contact support@fr24.com and confirm your feeder alias and associated email address.

Best regards,
    Fredrik

==============================================
    You are receiving this email because you signed up to feed ADS-B data to our network

Unsubscribe flightradar24@<my mail domain> from this list:
    flightradar24.us5.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=5e1646d34152669156ed50339&id=bf6a4d9 9c0&e=198b34f735&c=81f7f929a3
    Do NOT open the links above (i have removed http://) !!

It's not spam but an email to people who have feeded FR24 but are not feeding any more to tell them about the improved premium service.

Sorry if I ask, but what made you think it's spam?

Comment

Well

a) It arrived in the Google Mail Spambox
      b) "from: Flightradar24 <support@fr24.com> via mail52.us1.mcsv.net", all other mails from fl24 came directly from @flightradar24.com (like the forum notifications)

Thanks for clearing it up.

Comment

mail52.us1.mcsv.net is some kind of newsletter service. When sending bulk mail it's easier to use some kind of newsletter service. In this case I think it's Mailchimp.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          It's not spam but an email to people who have feeded FR24 but are not feeding any more to tell them about the improved premium service.
          I am still feeding and yet I received that e-mail. JFYI

Comment

Working...
          X