Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The receiver will be sold to the public in February or March. No price yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The receiver will be sold to the public in February or March. No price yet.

Info on the custom FR24 Box hardware receiver:

FR24 Receiver.
    Price - including shipping & handling - €460 (Equipment is shipped from Germany as Deutsche Post letter).
    VAT €115
    Total €575

FR24 Receiver + ModeS antenna + 5 m coax cable.
    Price - including shipping & handling - €524 (Equipment is shipped from Germany as Deutsche Post letter).
    VAT €131
    Total €655

FR24 Receiver + ModeS antenna + 10 m coax cable.
    Price - including shipping & handling - €540 (Equipment is shipped from Germany as Deutsche Post letter).
    VAT €135
    Total €675

Taking the prices Mike posted. Here are the Exchange rates in US Dollar.
    €460 = $600.30 US Dollar + any taxes.
    €524 = $683.82 US Dollar + any taxes.
    €540 = $704.70 US Dollar + any taxes.

or

€460 + VAT €115 = $750.89 US Dollar
    €524 + VAT €131 = $855.36 US Dollar
    €540 + VAT €135 = $881.48 US Dollar

Exchange rates as of April 22, 2013

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    The receiver will be sold to the public in February or March. No price yet.
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2013-04-22, 23:53.
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

[update]

Found more info on another thread....

postponed

The sale of the FR24 unit has been postponed until MLAT is ready, as hardware MLAT will make this receiver something special, and not just another ADS-B receiver.
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

First plan was Feb/March. Later we planned to release it ASAP, which would be February, but now we have definitely decided to wait for MLAT.
      MLAT is still planned for February and sale of FR24 receiver just after that (March).

Comment

First plan was Feb/March. Later we planned to release it ASAP, which would be February, but now we have definitely decided to wait for MLAT.
        MLAT is still planned for February and sale of FR24 receiver just after that (March).
        Hiya Mike,

What's the status of these plans? thanks.

Comment

Will those Hardware Feeders Flightradar24 Receivers be upgraded or replaced with the new models ?
          F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
            Will those Hardware Feeders Flightradar24 Receivers be upgraded or replaced with the new models ?
            It's the same hardware. Only different software.

Comment

Will that MLAT feature be GPS synchronized? What software will your receiver work with? Will MLAT be Planeplotter-based or some FR24-software-based?
              I want to order 2 or 3 right now!!!

Comment

It looks like the FR24 receiver could be available for purchase next week. As we have a limited number of receivers in the first batch, we will limit the sales to EU only. Announcement will be made here on forum, once available.

Work with MLAT is progressing and we hope to be able to launch it soon.

Comment

I am not an EU citizen, but, being principal feeder in my area (Moscow) I virtually demand a couple of receivers to be sold to me. Where can I make a pre-order?

Comment

I understand your frustration but there are several reasons for us limiting the sales.

* Web shop - We have no experience from selling hardware. This is completely new for us with setting up a web shop, accepting payments, issuing invoices, getting correct taxes, arrange shipping, distribution, insurance and so on. Almost every country needs to be added manually in the shop with manual settings regarding taxes, payment, shipping, invoicing. Setting this up for 250 countries, when we only have 25 receivers to sell in first batch it's just not an option. As we are located within EU, keeping this within EU makes it a lot easier, and we can focus on FR24 development instead of the web shop development.

* Shipping - We have been sending free receivers around the world and noticed that as soon as we go outside of EU we run into problems. That can be shipping pricing (some countries are very expensive), customs, some lost packages and very, very long delivery times (one package to Argentina and several to Brasil and some other countries have been in distribution for 2-3 months). To get shorter delivery times we would need to use Fedex/UPS that can cost up to 250-300 euros to some countries.

Once the first batch has been sold we will evaluate and see how big the interest was, where buyers are located, if they accept the pricing, so we can make a decision about future sales. I can recommend you to apply for a free receiver and we will see if you qualify. http://www.flightradar24.com/free-ads-b-equipment

Comment

Would definitely like to purchase one for NZ. Can I order if I have an EU shipping address?

Comment

Hi,
                        i want order one for me

Im wait to see his release i hope with MLAT.

Regards,
                        Regards,
                        Miguel Teixeira
                        FR24 T-LPPT1 Radar

Comment

Originally posted by 41south View Post
                          Would definitely like to purchase one for NZ. Can I order if I have an EU shipping address?
                          Sure, we don't care who buys the receiver, but to keep it simple we only deliver within EU.

Comment

Originally posted by mt007 View Post
                            Hi,
                            i want order one for me

Im wait to see his release i hope with MLAT.

Regards,
                            You have to realize that in order to have MLAT working 4 receivers covering the same area to get good MLAT signal quality.

Comment

You have to realize that in order to have MLAT working 4 receivers covering the same area to get good MLAT signal quality.
                              Will it only be FR24 hardware that can participate in MLAT for FR24? I understand there are issues getting syncronised data. With a low costs solution based on dongles it's more likely you can get the 4 x receiver coverage required for MLAT

Comment

Working...
                              X