Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The receiver will be sold to the public in February or March. No price yet.

Passenger
    Hey,

@the moment I don't see the advatages of the Radarcape box for this price. I use RPi running with DVB-T Stick and local GPS via USB. Total cost is below 150€. Next step is to bring a better antenna on the roof. My data is show not very often on FR24 therfore I dont't want to spend money. Or does your status change from T-RADAD to F-RADAR when using a Radarcape box ?
    Best regards Christian
    -------------------------
    Equipment: ICOM IC-A6E AirBand Radio, RTL-DVB-T Stick with RPi-B

Captain
    I think that was meant to say '...no difference...'

Passenger
    What is the price FR24 Box? I ask because it appears on the invoice amount around 70 euros instead of 500 euros as it was written here

Quote Originally Posted by Spioszek View Post
    What is the price FR24 Box? I ask because it appears on the invoice amount around 70 euros instead of 500 euros as it was written here
    The value is reduced for customs reasons. In some countries (outside EU) hosts has to pay tax if value is high, although the get they receiver for free.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I know that there has been many different messages about when the receiver will be sold. First we wanted to launch the FR24 receiver together with MLAT launch in Feb/Mar. In April we decided to start selling the receiver "now", and next day we discovered a small issue with the receiver software. I'm really sorry but we have decided to postpone the sale of the FR24 receiver. We want to solve the issue, before we start selling the receiver. We don't want to ship a product that we are not 100% satisfied with.

That means that first batch of receivers will be dedicated for free receivers only. Next batch of FR24 receivers with some improvements is planned for late July and once we have verified that all issues are solved we will start selling the FR24 box.
    hi Mike,

Can you please confirm that you still intend to sell a batch of FR24 receivers?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vmao5api View Post
    hi Mike,

Can you please confirm that you still intend to sell a batch of FR24 receivers?

thanks
    We don't intend to sell FR24 receivers. Gunther is selling the Radarcape which is more or less the same hardware, but with other software.

Passenger
    Has anyone considered making a modified software for the "Stratux" Hardware ADS-B receiver? It supports both 1090es and 978 mhz freq, I'm sure it's software could be modified to send data to flightradar24's database. I've played with one a bit.