Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The receiver will be sold to the public in February or March. No price yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kpin View Post
    Will it only be FR24 hardware that can participate in MLAT for FR24? I understand there are issues getting syncronised data. With a low costs solution based on dongles it's more likely you can get the 4 x receiver coverage required for MLAT
    To start with MLAT will only be offered from FR24 receivers. We will need to try and test other receivers to see if we can support them as well in the future.

Comment

FR24 Receiver.
      Price - including shipping & handling - €460 (Equipment is shipped from Germany as Deutsche Post letter).
      VAT €115
      Total €575

FR24 Receiver + ModeS antenna + 5 m coax cable.
      Price - including shipping & handling - €524 (Equipment is shipped from Germany as Deutsche Post letter).
      VAT €131
      Total €655

FR24 Receiver + ModeS antenna + 10 m coax cable.
      Price - including shipping & handling - €540 (Equipment is shipped from Germany as Deutsche Post letter).
      VAT €135
      Total €675

Comment

Hi Mike,
        FR24 use his software or we must connect to PP to see our traffic?

Can we see some video or pictures from that?

Thx

King regards,
        Regards,
        Miguel Teixeira
        FR24 T-LPPT1 Radar

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          FR24 Receiver.
          Price - including shipping & handling - €460 (Equipment is shipped from Germany as Deutsche Post letter).
          VAT €115
          Total €575
          Where can I order ?

Comment

Is there a link to a manual or instruction book for the receiver posted anywhere?

Comment

No, please contact support@fr24.com with all questions regarding the free receiver. The free receiver is controlled by FR24 and there is not much the user can do.
              The FR24 receiver that will be sold contains a different and more open software and there will be a PDF guide available.

Comment

I know that there has been many different messages about when the receiver will be sold. First we wanted to launch the FR24 receiver together with MLAT launch in Feb/Mar. In April we decided to start selling the receiver "now", and next day we discovered a small issue with the receiver software. I'm really sorry but we have decided to postpone the sale of the FR24 receiver. We want to solve the issue, before we start selling the receiver. We don't want to ship a product that we are not 100% satisfied with.

That means that first batch of receivers will be dedicated for free receivers only. Next batch of FR24 receivers with some improvements is planned for late July and once we have verified that all issues are solved we will start selling the FR24 box.

Comment

Well, if it is a firmware glitch, not a hardware, then it's no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    I know that there has been many different messages about when the receiver will be sold. First we wanted to launch the FR24 receiver together with MLAT launch in Feb/Mar. In April we decided to start selling the receiver "now", and next day we discovered a small issue with the receiver software. I'm really sorry but we have decided to postpone the sale of the FR24 receiver. We want to solve the issue, before we start selling the receiver. We don't want to ship a product that we are not 100% satisfied with.

That means that first batch of receivers will be dedicated for free receivers only. Next batch of FR24 receivers with some improvements is planned for late July and once we have verified that all issues are solved we will start selling the FR24 box.
                    Absolutely the right choice. Good luck in sorting out the matter and we look forward to seeing it released one day...

Comment

Originally posted by nakos View Post
                      Well, if it is a firmware glitch, not a hardware, then it's no problem.
                      It's not a problem, but we prefer to wait to July until we have a new batch with some improvements so we don't need to support 2 different hardware's, and we can feel secure that the product is working 100% correct.

Comment

Hi,
                        I have some questions about the FR24 box, and I hope that it’s ok to ask them here

1. Will the FR24 boxes you are going to sell provide increased FR24 MLAT coverage or is it only your free FR24 boxes that will be included in your MLAT?
                        2. Is there much increase in data when form an FR24 box compare to another receiver with the feeder software.
                        3. Is there any problem in using an internet connection whit little bit slow response like 3G/4G/satellite?

AJH

Comment

1. All FR24 receivers can provide MLAT if there are 4 receivers covering the same area
                          2. A FR24 receiver or feeding software uses about the same data amount. About 200-500 MB per month depending on coverage. If we activate MLAT on a FR24 receiver (has to been done manually) the data amount is doubled.
                          3. We have been using 3G on several receivers (even 2G on Maldives) and are testing satellite connection for future installations. In order to get good MLAT data, ping/latency should be below about 300-400 ms.

Comment

Can you please confirm you still intend to sell a batch of FR24 receivers. The lack of information is very frustrating

Comment

Hello Mike,

Any news on when FR24 receivers might be available for purchase? MLAT has been announced as working and the second generation of hardware was announced a month ago so it seems both those barriers to sale have been resolved.

Yes, I know about the free hardware offer. I have applied and been rejected twice because there is already a FR24 receiver in my area (F-PANC1). Yes, I know about feeding with a USB DTV dongle. I have been using a Pi and USB dongle to feed FR24 24x7 for about 6 months now (T-PANC2).

Thanks for keeping us updated

Comment

Well the new FR24 Boxes are out. Sure wasn't expecting the price. Sticker shock to say the least.
                                Andy T-KTIK1

RPI - http://Temporarily off Line due to t...98.37.214:8080

Comment

Working...
                                X