No announcement yet.

Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike, how do i know if i was rejected? you send emails of rejections too?? or just dont send them??

Comment

• Normally we are not rejecting anything, just keep it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Normally we are not rejecting anything, just keep it.
        People might like a 'Not at this time, Thank you, but will review in x months' type mail, they may be thinking of buying their own feeder if you don't supply one...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kailrusha View Post
          I glad my application was accepted, Now i just saw Green Mark on Philippines Leyte. I been finding for quite sometime if anybody sends a Free Weather Station but they are expensive need membership. this ADS-B Host will greatly help our Island specially it was hit by Haiyan Last year. My 90 Foot Tower Survived the Onslaught Last Year. as well as other Tower Located in the Hills of Leyte. If Very thing goes well i can track Plane about 200 kilometers Radius base in elevation i have and the plane @ 30K-40K Feet.
          Kailrusha, FREE doesn't necessarily mean FREE. The materials sent will meet the needs of an AVERAGE install in Europe.

The Average install means the antenna is mounted at the top of a mast 10 meters from the receiver which is supplied line voltage. The GPS sensor is mounted a short distance above the receiver. The altitude reported is just that height above average sea level. If the GPS sensor is desired to reach the top of the mast splicing a piece of RG59 AT YOUR EXPENSE is necessary, maintaining watertight integrity at the splices and exposed connections. GPS is vital for location, elevation and timing for the receiver.

Since your installation involves a tower you need a waterproof box to contain the receiver, line voltage power source and cable connections. also since the antenna is setup for mast mounting you will need to rig an offset bracket with some elbows and GI pipe nipples to minimize the tower closing off the backside of the antenna and distorting your coverage area. Look for the electrical box at your local junk shop. Good installation practices like drip loops and UV resistant wire ties will increase your installation reliability.

The supplied Low Loss coax and the UTP Cat6 ethernet cable are really overspeced since Low Loss capabilities are at double the 1090 mHZ use and are quite average at what we are using it for. Your local computer networking shop can supply you with UTP cable of any length and attach the ends for you inexpensively.

Here in the Philippines, the DSL terminals have backup power so the internet stays on for up to 8 hours during brownouts scheduled or otherwise.
          In order to keep FR24 online you will need to provide a UPS to power the modem and FR24 receiver unless you have your own generator.

There are times when you may need the capability to switch off the power to the receiver and turn it back on to reboot the receiver so the line voltage line to the receiver enclosure needs to be switched from a convenient place.

If FR24 is still using DHL their local courier in the provinces is 2GO. Your local 2GO office can keep a lookout for your receiver using the DHL tracking number. it's not unusual for the shipment to remain in China for a few days until a flight into Clark is available from which it is trucked to Manila and flew to Tacloban eventually to you.

Keep up with events http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...24-Feeder-Chat and http://forum.flightradar24.com/forums/17-Off-Topic

John

F-RPVD1

Comment

• @ paradiselost

Thanks for the Advice. I just bought 2 days ago Waterproof Outdoor Enclosure IP67. I have small Wireless Network for my Remote Internet Shop here that has been running almost 3 years know. ill post may photo once i install the Device on my Mast. Im not planning to put this Antenna at the top of the Mast just about 3 feet lower from my Lightning Rod. of course this Omni Antenna needs a Arrester. I have 24hours Backup Power and Generator

How many days i can expect the ADS-B will arrived? 2GO Tacloban in not available only for light aircraft cause the tarmac is under maintenance for 1 month, that what i saw in the news 3 weeks ago.
            Last edited by Kailrusha; 2014-10-31, 00:56.
            RPVO1

Comment

• Originally posted by Kailrusha View Post
              @ paradiselost

Thanks for the Advice. I just bought 2 days ago Waterproof Outdoor Enclosure IP67. I have small Wireless Network for my Remote Internet Shop here that has been running almost 3 years know. ill post may photo once i install the Device on my Mast. Im not planning to put this Antenna at the top of the Mast just about 3 feet lower from my Lightning Rod. of course this Omni Antenna needs a Arrester. I have 24hours Backup Power and Generator

How many days i can expect the ADS-B will arrived? 2GO Tacloban in not available only for light aircraft cause the tarmac is under maintenance for 1 month, that what i saw in the news 3 weeks ago.
              FR24 will email you a tracking number and it may be a few days to exit Germany if they are still using DHL then it routes through China.

The box only weighs 2 kg so the turboprops from Cebu carry small packages. If the package tracking site says it will be delivered Monday expect it early since 2GO delivers Saturday.

No lightning arrestor is provided but you can attach your tower grounding wire to one of the mounting screws on the receiver inside the enclosure.

Once everything is hooked up and powered on, the receiver will call home through your internet providers internet connection and
              fr24 willl test it and when confident they will email you your local IP address so you can access the receiver status page.

When everything is working, from the FR24 main map page you can login to the Premium account and access RadarView to see what planes you and your fellow trackers are tracking. After 24 hours you can see your receivers statistics of aircraft you have tracked.

Kailrusha good luck! In just a few days your new toy will arrive.

John

F-RPVD1

Comment

• Originally posted by icormier View Post
                Baie-Comeau QC will have now an official ADS-B flightradar24 hoster.
                Awesome to see someone on the Cote Nord being involved in this group. Cheers.

Comment

• New coverage, Assis, SP Brazil

Hi,

I'm very proud to inform that my station is up and ready!
                  Thanks for FR24, they sent the kit on october, 31 (Friday) and receive on november, 03 (monday).

I'm attaching some pictures from my installation.

Best Regards

Fábio Barrosantenna2.jpgantenna3.JPGgps.jpgkit.JPGreceiver.jpg

Comment

• This seems to be different from ours antennas Nice
                    F-LTBJ1 & N-LTBJ1 & T-LTBJ1 Izmir / Turkey

F-LTAN1 Konya / Turkey

F-LTCS1 SanliUrfa / Turkey

F-LTFJ3 Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport / Turkey

Comment

• Originally posted by W4lRon View Post
                      This seems to be different from ours antennas Nice
                      Looks the same as the one i got from FR24.
                      FR24 Feeder Station F-CYFC1.

Comment

• Looks like the same one i got with my kit last year.

Comment

• Are There Self Amalgamating Tape for sale in the PHILIPPINES?

I am Hosting The F-RPLL2 Receiver
                          Ice
                          F-RPLL3

Comment

• Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
                            Are There Self Amalgamating Tape for sale in the PHILIPPINES?

Try this:

Also i think you can find at any eletronic repair shop.

Comment

• Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
                              Are There Self Amalgamating Tape for sale in the PHILIPPINES?

Yes, We call it here Rubber Tape
                              RPVO1

Comment

• look to someone who installs satellite TV systems - it's used to seal the connectors at the dish end.

Comment

Working...
                                X