Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Help us increase coverage!

Passenger
    I just sent my request to receive a FR24 receiver in Colombia, I want to improve the coverage in this country, do you think I'm getting one receiver in Colombia?

Passenger
    If you just filled out your request. Wait. You'll get a response sometime.

Passenger
    Yeah, hopefully I'll be approved since there's not much coverage here in Colombia, read all the thread and didn't see "Colombia" anywhere.

Passenger
    I just saw the list provided, only see one city in Colombia, should I apply for a FR24 receiver??

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelgallego View Post
    I just saw the list provided, only see one city in Colombia, should I apply for a FR24 receiver??
    If you are in a position to agree with the terms of the agreement (able to install it within 7 days of receipt and keep it going 24/7 - then yes, do apply. FR24 will decide if they need a receiver in your location.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by peterhr View Post
    If you are in a position to agree with the terms of the agreement (able to install it within 7 days of receipt and keep it going 24/7 - then yes, do apply. FR24 will decide if they need a receiver in your location.
    Thanks for the reply, they contacted me in another post I made about this topic hope they approve since there's not much coverage here. I'm able to install the antenna 140mt amsl within 7 days no problem, also my adsl modem works 24/7 so that's not an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Actually there are another 2 for Brazil and 2 for Mexico + 1 for Banda Aceh (very far up on our wish list) approved
    may i know who is order FR24 equipr from Banda Aceh sir?
    Warm Regards,
    Ihsanush Shabri

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsanush Shabri View Post
    It's unlikely you'll be told, however it's not unusual to put two receivers fairly close to each other with one as backup for the other, so do apply if you are able to help.

Passenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelgallego View Post
    Thanks for the reply, they contacted me in another post I made about this topic hope they approve since there's not much coverage here. I'm able to install the antenna 140mt amsl within 7 days no problem, also my adsl modem works 24/7 so that's not an issue
    [English text below:]
    No te preocupes, se paciente
    Si tu area tiene poca o nula cobertura tu locacion puede que sea aprobada.
    Hasta donde he alcanzado a ver Colombia tiene varios receptores operando, pero es un pais bastante extenso y ciertamente requiere de una buena cobertura.
    Saludos,

Do not worry about, be patient
    If your area has little or no coverage, your location may be approved.
    As far as I know Colombia has several operating receivers, but is a fairly extensive country and certainly requires good coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihsanush Shabri View Post
    In most cases we look for at least 2 feeders in a location to get backup just in case one receiver goes down. In areas where coverage is very important 3 receivers can be put quite close to each other. If MLAT is the goal 4 receivers can be installed within 100-150km.