Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That'd be why I just stickied it
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      We try to select the applications with the best location in the area. If the application is a current feeder, we look at the coverage as one of parameters.
      A couple of days ago I made my submission for a FR24 fixed receiver, I am currently using an SDR dongle attached to my Windows Laptop feeding as T-SVMC1, but this SDR is borrowed from another project, so should be returned back at some point in the near future.

I hope my application can be approved...fingers crossed here..
      Marco-Luis
      YV1HX
      F-SVMC1

http://twitter.com/meteoven
      http://yv1hx.no-ip.org
      http://www.meteoven.org

Comment

• MLAT in Europe and USA is growing fast and especially Europe starts to look really good now. Until the end of February we will probably ship another 20-30 units to Europe, but our focus will now be on South America and we start with shipping 20 receivers there the coming weekend. We are still missing some receivers in Australia to launch MLAT on the east cost.

Comment

MLAT in Europe and USA is growing fast and especially Europe starts to look really good now. Until the end of February we will probably ship another 20-30 units to Europe, but our focus will now be on South America and we start with shipping 20 receivers there the coming weekend. We are still missing some receivers in Australia to launch MLAT on the east cost.
          Mike,

Are there any plans to include T-XXXX stations for MLAT in the future?

Comment

.... [snip]but our focus will now be on South America and we start with shipping 20 receivers there the coming weekend. ...[snip]....
            Sounds encouraging for the South America candidates ...
            Marco-Luis
            YV1HX
            F-SVMC1

http://twitter.com/meteoven
            http://yv1hx.no-ip.org
            http://www.meteoven.org

Comment

• Originally posted by HighlyCool View Post
              Mike,

Has been asked before - the answer is no. This may seem inflexible, but FR24 supply and control the F- boxes and they are of a known quality and construction whereas the quality of the T- feeders equipment is a bit of an unknown, especially with regards to the quality of the timesync. The F- boxes used for MLAT all use GPS for a time standard and the clocks are very accurate.

Comment

• That could change when the MLAT firmware/software for FR24 MLAT option that comes out for the Radarcape receiver aka T-xxxx users.

Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                Has been asked before - the answer is no. This may seem inflexible, but FR24 supply and control the F- boxes and they are of a known quality and construction whereas the quality of the T- feeders equipment is a bit of an unknown, especially with regards to the quality of the timesync. The F- boxes used for MLAT all use GPS for a time standard and the clocks are very accurate.
                Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-01-14, 15:31.
                Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
                  Thanks Peter. That does make sense on the time sync. However, there are methods to validate the incoming data and compare it to a known good reference and reject the packet(s) if the time is off by a defined percentage. Hopefully the teams will continue to look for options to include the data as this would greatly increase MLAT coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by HighlyCool View Post
                    Mike,

No, as mentioned many times, FR24 will ONLY be done with FR24 hardware (Guether RadarCape).

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
                      That could change when the MLAT firmware/software for FR24 MLAT option that comes out for the Radarcape receiver aka T-xxxx users.
                      Identification is done base on MAC address of RadarCapes and a unique ID of every receiver. So even with the software available there is no possibility to upload MLAT data.

Comment

• Radarcape owners can't help with MLAT on Flightradar24 ?

Last week you said Radarcape was releasing some firmware for MLAT. Is that only for MLAT for Planeplotter Network you were talking about?

Release_140106.13.29 - Planeplotter Feeder, Ground Decoding
                        New Features:
                        MLAT support will be added as soon as possible.
                        Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2014-01-14, 17:32.
                        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Hello
                          I send Request About 7 month Ago And Send Image From My Place And you tell me I Must waiting for It
                          I have DVb-t And I feed With T-OIGG1
                          I live in iran We can't Buy Any Thing From Out(like Amazaon & Ebay) because We are be in embargo
                          You see In iran We Diden't have Good Coverge Or diden't Have Coverge! But i Don't know Why you Don't Want to Send Fr24 Box For me
                          in my Country Not only Me even I have Any friend All Over The Iran Want to receive Fr24 box but They Can't
                          I promise you when you Send Fr24 box for Me And then For onother In Iran We Coverge All Over the iran In day many Important Flight past from Iran but we diden't see
                          At Last I Say this We diden't have Money problem Our problem Only be embargo
                          but About 1 year Ago we buy Flight radar 24 box to coverge All over the World Please Don't tell No to me because In Iran We love Airplane An we Live with Airplane.
                          Sorry For My English type
                          My email Register for Free Equipment: iman.goodman@yahoo.com
                          Last edited by malavanehsan; 2014-01-18, 13:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by malavanehsan View Post
                            Hello
                            I send Request About 7 month Ago And Send Image From My Place And you tell me I Must waiting for It
                            I have DVb-t And I feed With T-OIGG1
                            I live in iran We can't Buy Any Thing From Out(like Amazaon & Ebay) because We are be in embargo
                            Possibly there is no way to ship into Iran the FR24 radio because of the embargo and Government restriction?
                            www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by 1090 MHz View Post
                              Possibly there is no way to ship into Iran the FR24 radio because of the embargo and Government restriction?
                              No The Ship Not be in embargo
                              We can Send and Receive Any thing
                              Last week I receive A Post From Uk With DHL

Comment

• T-WARR2, hopefully you will apply for FR24's free receiver and try your luck? Your coverage increased has been very good. Also WIAS's free receiver seems to never get to the intended user, hopefully someone else will apply. then MLAT in Java Island might be coming close.

Comment

Working...
                                X