No announcement yet.

Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well i only entered what co-ordinates were on my alias feeder software program not sure what they are after, i cant get on line right now as i have nothing to feed into the system. I will send and updated postion it thats what they want. I filled out the application as requested and did the second part as well. Ok i have sent a email to your support indicating my co-ordinates as per on the net for corunna ontario canada. Hope it helps. The co-ordinates were 42 47N and 82 21W.

Mike will this be good enough for my application giving the co-ordinates. Maybe i entered the wrong numbers the other day when applying LOL.
    Last edited by Andrew Dale; 2013-10-05, 17:43.

Comment

• I really wish Hanoi's feeder F-VVNB1 could somehow improve the range. Limited range at present and could't help reduce that void at Hainan Island, China.

Comment

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
        Should add Christmas Island, Australia and Cocos Islands, Australia to the list (though it would be good if the receiver would 'throttle back' it's traffic if there are no planes in places like that, since the Internet there is via satellite)
        Christmas Island ? They have limited "free" data package.

That poor Feeder will have to dig deep into his pocket to pay for the data charges.
        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdie View Post
          Christmas Island ? They have limited "free" data package.

That poor Feeder will have to dig deep into his pocket to pay for the data charges.
          That sort of situation (and 3G) was why I was asking about the amount of traffic the box generates and what could be done to minimise it:-
          * if no traffic, box polls maybe once every two or three minutes (or even if there is traffic box polls less often than the standard)
          * data compression to reduce byte count
          * MLAT not attempted

It would be even better if people doing the satellite uplink or the airport could run the receiver, so it's not a poor feeder that pays and it becomes a value added service for the community (that they can see the mail plane coming in from Indonesia or Darwin)

Someone on Christmas island is running an AIS receiver for MarineTraffic.com

Comment

• Mike or anyone is support! Still waiting to hear back about whether or not i am going to receive a FR24 box kit. Been anxious to get back up and running again and feeding into FR24, my account of course is not active as i cant feed into the system until i hopefully get one of these packages. Almost ready to give up. But i will wait a few more days.

Hope to hear soon.

Comment

• Hang on. You had a supplied dongle, you found it doesn't work with the cheap USB cable, so all of a sudden you say you have nothing to feed and are applying for the full scale box now and putting the pressure on instead of fixing the original issue and getting the USB stick back to a spot with good coverage?

All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

Confused.
              Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
                Mike or anyone is support! Still waiting to hear back about whether or not i am going to receive a FR24 box kit. Been anxious to get back up and running again and feeding into FR24, my account of course is not active as i cant feed into the system until i hopefully get one of these packages. Almost ready to give up. But i will wait a few more days.

Hope to hear soon.
                I just quote my last post again.

All applications are handled one by one. Some may take 3-4 days from application to approval, other may take up to 3-4 months, depending on location or where we need to improve coverage.

Comment

• Is it possible to find a 3G or WLAN driver for usb to fr24 box. It would be much easier and better to have that option. If I'm not mistaken, it is based on Linux, so it should not be a problem, just do not know the kernel version. I apologize if you've already written about it, or if I'm wrong place to post .... I am a new ...

Regards,
                  F-LDDU1
                  For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by Amper View Post
                    Is it possible to find a 3G or WLAN driver for usb to fr24 box. It would be much easier and better to have that option. If I'm not mistaken, it is based on Linux, so it should not be a problem, just do not know the kernel version. I apologize if you've already written about it, or if I'm wrong place to post .... I am a new ...

Regards,
                    F-LDDU1
                    We are trying some different WiFi USB sticks. Once we find a model that is stable we will support it officially.

Comment

• If you provide me kernel/linux version, maybe i can help. I don't want to play with Your property to find out. It is not nice .
                      If you want me to assist , just send me info, and progress You made so far on mail, we will see what can be done on my part. I work with linux / servers, and I think I can be of some assistance.
                      For official support use Contact Form

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
                        Mike or anyone is support! Still waiting to hear back about whether or not i am going to receive a FR24 box kit. Been anxious to get back up and running again and feeding into FR24, my account of course is not active as i cant feed into the system until i hopefully get one of these packages. Almost ready to give up. But i will wait a few more days.

Hope to hear soon.
                        Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                        Hang on. You had a supplied dongle, you found it doesn't work with the cheap USB cable, so all of a sudden you say you have nothing to feed and are applying for the full scale box now and putting the pressure on instead of fixing the original issue and getting the USB stick back to a spot with good coverage?

All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

Confused.
                        Certainly agree with you Oblivian. And surely it's easy to get a R820T dongle off the internet? eBay or websites like that.

Comment

• I hear you guys, but im not spending extra money on stuff i feel dosent work well in the first place and as for the cheap USB cable it was a good one, it cost me almost 50.00 Canadian, if i spend any more money and i cant get a FR24 package i would rather spend the money on that equipment instead. I just thought i could get a package that they are offering.

Comment

• I'm just wondering if the problem might be the windows-8 update that does strange things to the USB power that people were mentioning a week or two back, rather than the non-cheap USB cable (though my was-cheap usb cable wouldn't work with my paid-out-of-my-own-pocket dongle).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              We are trying some different WiFi USB sticks. Once we find a model that is stable we will support it officially.
                              Here is WiFi solutions for BeagleBone: http://beagleboard.org/project/Android+SDIO+WIFI/

Also USB-based Cellular data access: https://sites.google.com/site/cellularbeaglebone/

And yes Amper, the BeagleBone is a Linux system.
                              Last edited by 1090 MHz; 2013-10-11, 01:26.
                              www.ADS-B.ca

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                We now have a new batch of 1000 FR24 receivers and we have also improved and automatized much of our "Free equipment process" which means that we can process more applications in a shorter time.
                                Sounds like Santa visited you early Mike!
                                ...DOUG
                                KD4MOJ
                                Where Am I?
                                My Live Audio of KTLH

Comment

Working...
                                X