Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
Results 531 to 536 of 536

Thread: Help us increase coverage!

  1. #531
    First officer paradiselost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dumaguete Negros Oriental PH
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by fungsaihou View Post
    I have been declined / rejected for the adsb receiver for > 5 times. In my area only 2 official F-radars and 1 T-radar (low coverage).
    Evidently your being declined is a matter of economics. FR24 invests $500 to $750 providing equipment that probably duplicates what is now operating with the two F-stations and the T-station. In hosting a FR24 site, circumstances change and maybe one of those sites will go dark and make a way for you to be accepted.

    For documentation of your application I suggest you use https://www.heywhatsthat.com and create a new panorama of your coordinates so you can see what your coverage potential is, assuming your mast puts your antenna above close by buildings and green foliage trees. Once you get your map, the URL will be near the top of the map....not the URL of the page. At the top of the map click to remove Visibility Cloak that is selected by default and click on Up In the Air. Zoom out the map until you can see brown line drawings on the map and blue line drawings on the map also.

    The brown line drawings represent your coverage at 10000 feet and the blue line drawings represent the coverage at 30000 feet. These altitudes can be changed at the bottom of the map.

    On the FR24 applications where it asks for pictures E,W,N,S from your roof include a jpg of the projected coverage area. They already know the coverage they are getting from the established FR24 receivers. Maybe your coverage will get their attention in a positive way. Economics always wins in the end for successful companies.

    paradiselost AKA John
    F-RPVD1

  2. #532
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    WBKK
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by paradiselost View Post
    Evidently your being declined is a matter of economics. FR24 invests $500 to $750 providing equipment that probably duplicates what is now operating with the two F-stations and the T-station. In hosting a FR24 site, circumstances change and maybe one of those sites will go dark and make a way for you to be accepted.

    For documentation of your application I suggest you use https://www.heywhatsthat.com and create a new panorama of your coordinates so you can see what your coverage potential is, assuming your mast puts your antenna above close by buildings and green foliage trees. Once you get your map, the URL will be near the top of the map....not the URL of the page. At the top of the map click to remove Visibility Cloak that is selected by default and click on Up In the Air. Zoom out the map until you can see brown line drawings on the map and blue line drawings on the map also.

    The brown line drawings represent your coverage at 10000 feet and the blue line drawings represent the coverage at 30000 feet. These altitudes can be changed at the bottom of the map.

    On the FR24 applications where it asks for pictures E,W,N,S from your roof include a jpg of the projected coverage area. They already know the coverage they are getting from the established FR24 receivers. Maybe your coverage will get their attention in a positive way. Economics always wins in the end for successful companies.

    paradiselost AKA John
    F-RPVD1
    Hi paradiselost,

    Thanks for your reply.

    In the FR24 online application form, FR24 didn't ask for pictures for E, W, N & S.

    Below is my screenshot of RB24 feeder.

    Screenshot (1).png

    Screenshot (2).jpg

    https://www.heywhatsthat.com/?view=NR46WLN7

    Anyway, just a sharing info. I don't think they will interested or get attention in my area.
    Last edited by fungsaihou; 2019-01-12 at 03:03.

  3. #533
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by fungsaihou View Post
    I have been declined / rejected for the adsb receiver for > 5 times. In my area only 2 official F-radars and 1 T-radar (low coverage).

    Current feeding ADSB to RB24, FA & PF. But no to FR24.
    If you are running an existing feeder and want to feed, then just do so. (you will also get the free subscription)
    No need to apply for an receiver.

    I assume you have a Raspberry Pi already with dump1090 running?
    Then you can follow step 11 from this guide to install fr24feed:
    https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...-15-dev-on-RPi

  4. #534
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    WBKK
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by wiedehopf View Post
    If you are running an existing feeder and want to feed, then just do so. (you will also get the free subscription)
    No need to apply for an receiver.

    I assume you have a Raspberry Pi already with dump1090 running?
    Then you can follow step 11 from this guide to install fr24feed:
    https://forum.flightradar24.com/thre...-15-dev-on-RPi
    Hi wiedehopf,

    I received adsb receivers from FA (3 units diff locations), RB24 (1 unit) as well as PlaneFinder Radar (1 unit).

    Regards.

  5. #535
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by fungsaihou View Post
    Hi wiedehopf,

    I received adsb receivers from FA (3 units diff locations), RB24 (1 unit) as well as PlaneFinder Radar (1 unit).

    Regards.
    I see.
    You could also use your own Raspberry Pi without a dongle by pointing fr24feed at the IP of one of the other receivers you are running.

    Anyway FR24 will have their reasons for not prioritizing your location

  6. #536
    Passenger
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    WBKK
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by wiedehopf View Post
    I see.
    You could also use your own Raspberry Pi without a dongle by pointing fr24feed at the IP of one of the other receivers you are running.

    Anyway FR24 will have their reasons for not prioritizing your location
    Hi wiedehopf,

    I agreed with you. FR24 has their "unique" reasons.

    Regards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •