Help us increase coverage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great initiative!

In Brazil there are many areas that need coverage, and with this initiative we hope that several people offer to take the receiver.

Through my website, Facebook and Twitter, have encouraged people to purchase an ADS-B receiver and share information in Flightradar24. However, prices are high and so many end up quitting.

I wonder if I can put this information on my site and encourage new users?

Renato Nagg
    Renato Nagg
    T-SBMT1 / T-SBGR3
    http://www.radarboxbrasil.com/

Comment

Originally posted by laki View Post
      I am interested in increasing coverage in Belgrade, Serbia. Just need to check a few things in the next couple of days and I will send my coordinates.
      Great. Yes, please. I have been waiting for good coverage in Belgrade for years. If for whatever reason you shouldn't be able to provide home for the equipment, I have an idea who possibly could be asked for help, but let's see first what you come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
        Birdie,

With air traffic like yours at WSSS, a beast/radarcape is definitely recommended... along with the the 10dbi antenna you are getting installed at a good location, what a combination it would be!
        Look at these planes - all of them so well behaved

All the planes so Well Behaved.jpgAll the planes so Well Behaved1.jpg
        F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Hi Birdie.........Great new coverage now. Don't forget what I said about the QFH antenna.

Nev (Ex VS1GC and RAF Changi Transport Command VIP Master Aircrew)

PS: Not sure how I load pics of your current antenna set up ????

Comment

Originally posted by G3LMO View Post
            PS: Not sure how I load pics of your current antenna set up ????
            This will help with posting photo's on the Forum.

HI GUYS, TRIED TO PUT SOME PICS ON FROM VIEWING PARK AT MCR INTNL AIR BUT THEY HAVE DISAPPEARED INTO THE ETHER. CAN ANYONE GUIDE ME THROUGH WHAT TO DO CORRECTLY TO GET SOME ON . ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. I AM HOPING TO VISIT NORWAY SOON TO SEE FAMILY FRIENDS AND WANT TO GET SOME SHOTS TAKEN AT RYGGE AND MAYBE TORPE.
            AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Originally posted by Birdie View Post
              Look at these planes - all of them so well behaved

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1766[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1767[/ATTACH]
              ATC doing a good job.

Now if someone could provide low/ground traffic at WSSS. That would be very good coverage for WSSS. Let's wait for the PCB antenna...

and your mast head pre amp to see how much NM you can go for.

Comment

Originally posted by North Borneo Radar View Post
                ATC doing a good job.

Now if someone could provide low/ground traffic at WSSS. That would be very good coverage for WSSS. Let's wait for the PCB antenna...

and your mast head pre amp to see how much NM you can go for.
                WSSS just spent USD 300 Million upgraded its ATC Systems to the Latest in the Market.

This is the 3rd generations ATC since the airport opened in 1980.
                F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

First post (won't be my last)
                  Just "Liked' you on Facebook today, scrolled down and saw that you need ADS-B coverage, followed the link, and here I am
                  Hoping that I "qualify" to get a receiver!

Comment

It might not have been needed, but I just helped increase coverage around LAX today. Got my SDR USB stick up and running, and I'm getting pretty good coverage. Lots of fun so far to see my "radar" tag on the website....

Comment

Originally posted by imokruok View Post
                      It might not have been needed, but I just helped increase coverage around LAX today. Got my SDR USB stick up and running, and I'm getting pretty good coverage. Lots of fun so far to see my "radar" tag on the website....
                      Many thanks and welcome to FR24 and dont ever underestimate the importance of your feed. Every radar is important in the overall context of the site. After all we all have blind spots and we all like a holiday every now and again. Some of us arent able to run 24/7 either.

Regards,
                      Gregg
                      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Welcome to the FR24 site imokruok(T-KLAX2).
                        Nice to have more receivers in the California area. Hopefully FR24 will have some ground coverage at LAX airport one day!
                        btw I'm T-KLAX1 from San Diego County area.
                        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Well, I got a reply very quickly! Thanks Mike (or Mike's stand-in)
                          I guess my area is to receive ADS-B, so I didn't qualify Oh well! But I'm not sure how Mike knows, when Transport Canada won't disclose this to pilots on their system.

Comment

SoCalBrian - thanks for the note. Very cool, I see your tags on the flights up here near LAX all the time, so you must have great coverage out over the ocean. My antenna is just a 30" indoor whip for the moment, but I'm 3 stories up and face the Pacific from West LA, so I'm getting a pretty good view of the area.

Comment

Originally posted by RadBaron View Post
                              Well, I got a reply very quickly! Thanks Mike (or Mike's stand-in)
                              I guess my area is to receive ADS-B, so I didn't qualify Oh well! But I'm not sure how Mike knows, when Transport Canada won't disclose this to pilots on their system.
                              If you think you can add additional coverage, email Support@Fr24.com with your coordinates in degrees decimal.

Comment

FR24: already sent you one, got my reply within 2 hours

But, since you asked nicely, this is where I am 46.207326, -60.271836

Comment

Working...
                                X