Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go to the app Settings, scroll down to Show Aircraft Info and choose the label content.

Comment

• When using the AR mode on my cell phone while watching planes land at the airport I get the flight info on my screen. Cool. But, when I point my phone at planes taking off I get no info at all. Is there something I need to push, hold down, engage, turn on...or, something? Or does the AR mode work just for planes that are landing?
      Lare

Comment

• Originally posted by lare View Post
        When using the AR mode on my cell phone while watching planes land at the airport I get the flight info on my screen. Cool. But, when I point my phone at planes taking off I get no info at all. Is there something I need to push, hold down, engage, turn on...or, something? Or does the AR mode work just for planes that are landing?
        Lare
        Aircraft are visible if they are within about 50 miles of you, landing or taking off, you need to have Aircraft on the Map to be certain they will show in AR mode.

I only have an iPhone so the way it works is different to the Android App, i have looked at the images on Google Play and if you look at the photo in the link below you will see a symbol on the top left. Its a circle that represents a compass, thats what you need to click on to open 'AR View'. Once it opens the camera, just point it at the in the direction that there are Aircraft.

Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-08-11, 00:20.
        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• Hi, i'm a new member in this forum and i have a question. I download in my android a FR24 PREMIUM and his say enter your email address. How i created an account?

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience

Comment

• Originally posted by A320ZP View Post
            Hi, i'm a new member in this forum and i have a question. I download in my android a FR24 PREMIUM and his say enter your email address. How i created an account?

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience
            You need to register here: https://premium.flightradar24.com/premium Click on the green button on the right where it says 'Get Premium'

Then you need to use the same log-in details for the Main Flightradar24 Map and your Android App.

You may have downloaded the wrong App, the Premium App is Free but only if you have a yearly subscription.

If don't want to pay the yearly subscription, you need to download the Flightradar24 Pro App : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ightradar24pro
            Last edited by speedbird1960; 2013-08-11, 17:01.
            AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

• I have just installed FR24 Premium for android on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7. I had some trouble getting the thing to zoom in using the + button because the default wide area on first startup was crammed full of aircraft, and when the + button was pressed what happened was that the app thought I had touched the aircraft icon underneath the button, and selected and navigated to that. I do a bit of amateur android programming myself and know that this sort of thing can be a problem. Once you have moved to an area where there are no aircraft under the + button it works just fine, but unless he knows that this will solve the problem a new user could get quite frustrated and conclude that the app just isn't working.

Hope that helps.

Michael Hooker

Comment

• Use screen pinch?
                Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Yes, but that's not the point. You can wander blindfold straight across the road anywhere you like, or you can use the pedestrian crossing. Life is full of alternatives, some better than others. It takes quite a bit of screen pinching and swiping to get from the original screen to something more usable, and the new user (who may well be new to Android too) has to work out how to escape the selected aircraft mode as well - he may well not even know what mode it is he has got into by mistake. Remember that most Android apps, and Android devices, and Android itself, come with hardly any instructions. More often than not you're left to poke and prod and pinch at random. The apps you keep are the ones that work the way they should and don't leave you guessing. What the programmer thinks is "intuitive" is often only intuitive to a programmer who has lived with the app for years. And if any help is provided, it is often incomprehensible or assumes that the user knows what various arcane terms mean. I never thought I would praise Windows, but when you're writing programs those pop-up hints when you mouse over a control are a boon. Sadly there is no touch screen equivalent until someone invents a way of detecting a finger hovering over a control but not touching it. A long press can be used, but that's supposed to be the equivalent of a double-click and anyway, it's not an established universal standard.

I am sure the programmer would agree that the buttons should simply work as he/she intended them to do and not have unwanted consequences. And that an app should give a good impression the first time it is used, and not give all appearances of being unresponsive and muddled. Yes, pinching works, but so should the buttons. First time, every time. That's their job. In this case the task is to isolate them from their background so that it's the buttons that respond to being pressed, not the aircraft icons underneath them. Try placing them on a small panel.

Just a suggestion, but when the app is first run, can it not read the location from the device like other apps do, and automatically centre the map on it with say a 50 mile radius ? That would be a lot more user-friendly, and faster than trying to display half the aircraft on the planet jumbled untidily all over each other and expecting the user to know how to find his home location. It would give a much better first impression, an important aspect of marketing an app. The weather app on every android device manages to get the local weather instantly so long as there is an internet connection, so it can't be too difficult.

Michael Hooker
                  Last edited by Michael Hooker; 2013-08-12, 00:11. Reason: extra thought

Comment

• Hello,

Thanks for this amazing app!
                    I have FR24 pro 4.0 on Vodafone Smart III, Android 4.1.1.

When I download aircraft data, the airplane picture is an default image of aircraft type (for example: B737-300). But in the normal browser application the picture is coming based on aircraft number.
                    Why cannot see the specific picture in adroid app?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Hooker View Post
                      Just a suggestion, but when the app is first run, can it not read the location from the device like other apps do, and automatically centre the map on it with say a 50 mile radius ?
                      It does - or at least mine does. have you tried going into the top right menu, pressing on the globe and selecting 'Current Location'? Of course, you'll have to have enabled 'Show location' or something like that in your device settings.

Originally posted by chucky View Post
                      When I download aircraft data, the airplane picture is an default image of aircraft type (for example: B737-300). But in the normal browser application the picture is coming based on aircraft number.
                      Why cannot see the specific picture in adroid app?

Thanks!
                      The small pop up window at the bottom will show default aircraft type. If you press the + symbol at the bottom, when this window is open, it will take you to a more comprehensive page where you should see a photo of the actual aircraft and more details.

Comment

• @Good Old Bakes

Thanks!

Comment

• Aircraft Icons

Hi Mike,
                          is there plans to establish the icons of the airlines again as a selection
                          in "show aircraft info" ?
                          I found this feature quite nice and it was announced to be back
                          in one of the v4.0x updates.

Any news on the AR 90 degree issue on some devices like Lifetab etc.?

Thanks for all the work.It's a nice app !

Comment

• Missing airline logos is a performance issue on slower/older units. No promises if and when it can be solved.
                            AR and 3D update is still 1-3 weeks away.
                            Version 4.1 with some minor improvements is in late beta test phase.

Comment

• Dear Michael Hooker,

Just curious - what is your profession ?
                              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

• Purchased Flightrader24 pro. Upgraded to version 4.0.5. Running on Samsung Galaxy S2. This version does not rotate when the phone is turned sideways. Older version rotated OK. Please advise.
                                -LF

Comment

Working...
                                X