Android 4.0 - 29%
    Android 2.3 - 19%
    Android 4.2 - 9%
    Android 2.2 - 3%
    Android 3.2 - 2%
    Others - 1%

Comment

Originally posted by crucero View Post
      Fair enough to drop the old Androids. My one has much better specs than the Apple equivalent & Androids are more popular than Ipad, however it appears mine is not Google Certified so no good anyway. Would still buy a better tablet that is certified over an Ipad. I can still view FR24 with my tablet using the browser, but not the FR24 Premium App
      It's not a question of "good" or specifications. Without Google Maps System files, it will not work.

Comment

Originally posted by JinbaIttai View Post
        That sounds like good news is coming to those of us with recent Android phones/tablets/phablets. I can't wait!

I saw FR24 on a Windows 8 phone today, and love the built-in cockpit view. Any chance of that coming to Android or are there no suitable APIs for that?
        You never know

Comment

I've tried searching for this but have been unsuccessful.

Am I correct in thinking that the camera (augmented reality) feature of the Android pro app does not work in North America because radar returns are delayed by 5 minutes? I see there is a recent question somewhat along these lines that indicated a 7/8 sec delay which would be problematic but the delay is much greater in Canada.

Or perhaps I am misunderstanding how the app works?

Rick Grant
          Calgary (YYC)

Comment

The aircraft sending ADS-B data will work better in the United States with the (augmented reality) feature.
            Since the data is not delayed like the FAA ASDI data.
            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 running Android 4.1.2 with Flightradar24 pro version 3.1.7 and have two problems.

1. For at least a couple of weeks I have not been getting any 7600 or 7700 squawks.

2. The AR has never identified correctly what I have in view. In an earlier post mention was made that there would be a 7/8 second delay if the a/c was too close. Can someone please quantify "close". I estimate the a/c I am trying to ID are approx 40 kms away.

Any help with the above will just make a great app even greater! Thanks in advance.

Comment

AR view only works for live ADS-B data. FAA is delayed by about 5 minutes and not so accurate so it cannot be used for AR.

If you have problems with Alerts, please try to disable alerts, wait 10 seconds and enable again.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mike.

Re AR: I live in Central Portugal midway between Lisbon and Porto airports where all data is live so no FAA delay to affect the outcome.

Re alerts: The alerts are now coming through so thanks for that tip.

Comment

I've been curious for some time now why we have alerts for code 7700 (emergency) and 7600 (radio out), but not 7500 (hijacking)? Also, I'd really like to see separate alerts for each of these, rather than them all lumped together under one. I want notification of in flight emergencies, but not radio failures.

Comment

Originally posted by KJ4VOV View Post
                      I've been curious for some time now why we have alerts for code 7700 (emergency) and 7600 (radio out), but not 7500 (hijacking)?
                      They cause false hysteria etc. And as a result are disabled.
                      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

I've been curious for some time now why we have alerts for code 7700 (emergency) and 7600 (radio out), but not 7500 (hijacking)? Also, I'd really like to see separate alerts for each of these, rather than them all lumped together under one. I want notification of in flight emergencies, but not radio failures.
                        A quick search on "7500" gave this result
                        All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

Addition. Since alerts were disabled 1,5 years ago I have received about 20 false 7500 alerts, so it's quite common that pilots make a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          A quick search on "7500" gave this result
                          All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

Addition. Since alerts were disabled 1,5 years ago I have received about 20 false 7500 alerts, so it's quite common that pilots make a mistake.
                          It's your software (and "agreements" with other sites), so you're free to do as you like, but I believe you've made the wrong choice. 20 alerts over 18 months sounds like a lot, until you consider that just in the United States ATC handles over 64,000,000 flights per year. I think it would be reasonable to double that number to get an approximate global number, so 176,000,000 flights during that period, and only 20 alerts? Not statistically significant. And the reasoning you give in that thread, that there have not been any hijacks since 9/11? That's completely false. There have been in fact at least twelve hijackings or attempted hijackings since 9/11 that I can think of, starting with Quantas flight QF1737 on May 30, 2003 and right up to Tianjin flight GS7554 on June 29th last year. You also say that removing the alerts prevents people from reporting them to the authorities when the codes are false, but it also prevents them from doing so when the codes are not false. Would you also advocate permanently disabling smoke detectors because they sometimes go off when you're cooking? And if there are false alerts that cause alarm, the way to fix the problem is not to disable the alert but to properly train the person triggering the false alert. No, I believe you've made a mistake in disabling 7500 alerts in your software.

And how about the rest of my question regarding having separate alerts for the two remaining (7700 and 7600) so that those who want to be notified of emergencies but not radio failures (or vice versa) can set one but not the other? Heck, why not make it possible to get an alerts for any valid codes you choose? Squawk codes have a lot more purposes than just declaring emergencies, and being able to get an alert for things like parachute drops (0033), gliders (1201, 1202), balloons, etc. would be quite useful. As an amateur radio operator I've taken part in high altitude balloon tracking and weather tracking and wouldn't mind being able to program an alert for those things sometimes. Such programmable alerts would also be even more useful if they could be programmed for a certain range value from the phone. For example, a glider aloft within a 20 mile circle; I love watching them soar.

It just seems to me that you're missing out on an opportunity to make the phone and tablet apps much more useful than they are now, and you're doing so for reasons of questionable validity.

Comment

It just seems to me that you're missing out on an opportunity to make the phone and tablet apps much more useful than they are now, and you're doing so for reasons of questionable validity.
                            We are not missing anything. People can't handle the data and there are false alerts every month. It's a 1000% NO!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              We are not missing anything. People can't handle the data and there are false alerts every month. It's a 1000% NO!
                              No, you will not separate the 7700 and 7600 alerts? No, you will not allow custom alerts? What are you saying no to?

Comment

Hello guys, i have a Samsung gs4 and i cant see the radar option where i can i use my camera and point at a aircraft flying by
                                is the radar included in the android version?

Comment

Working...
                                X