Clear All

Hi Robert,
    attached the screenshots of how it looks on my tablet

FR24pro 3.6.1 on a

LIFETAB P9516. (similar to Lenovo)
    Android 4.0.3

Exactly the 90 degree problem.

In the first one (LVL) the compas rose is oriented right but shows wrong
    value and the airplaned oes not match the marker.

In the second one (UPR) the compas rose is showing the right value but
    the whole displays are not turned with the tablet. Airplane still does not
    match the marker.

Thanks for confirming :-)

Screenshot_2012-12-28-13-50-23 LVL.jpgScreenshot_2012-12-28-13-50-49 UPR.jpg

Comment

Please update to latest version of the app

Comment

Hi Voxel

Thanks for your reply. I have the same AR mode problem on my Nexus 10.
        Compass is 90 degree off, markers don't match and portrait view not righted.
        My recent upgrade to 3.7 made no difference.

Rest of app works ok, but it's a shame the AR mode view is faulty.
        I hope it gets sorted soon. AR mode is quite handy

Originally posted by voxel View Post
        Hi Robert,
        attached the screenshots of how it looks on my tablet

FR24pro 3.6.1 on a

LIFETAB P9516. (similar to Lenovo)
        Android 4.0.3

Exactly the 90 degree problem.

In the first one (LVL) the compas rose is oriented right but shows wrong
        value and the airplaned oes not match the marker.

In the second one (UPR) the compas rose is showing the right value but
        the whole displays are not turned with the tablet. Airplane still does not
        match the marker.

Thanks for confirming :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1953[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1954[/ATTACH]

Comment

Hi Mike,
          current version on my tablet is v3.7.1.

Sorry, din t change any ... same behavior

Comment

Originally posted by mahennemaha View Post
            I have the same problem on a Nexus 4, using Android 4.2.2, flightradar 3.6.7 from play store.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2
            New Play Store Update (3.7.1) didn't fix the problem.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

I have a 'generic' tablet Model 9703, it has Android 4.0.3. When I try to download FR24 Premium, yes I am paid up for it, I get the message from Playstore 'your device isn't compatible with this version. Is there anything I can do to change this?
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by crucero View Post
                I have a 'generic' tablet Model 9703, it has Android 4.0.3. When I try to download FR24 Premium, yes I am paid up for it, I get the message from Playstore 'your device isn't compatible with this version. Is there anything I can do to change this?
                Thanks
                Yes, read first post http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...es-and-tablets

Comment

Yes I had read that post info even though it does not mention FR24 Premium. I do have an account with Google Playstore with the tablet. Premium is installed on my PC. Premium installed onto my Android phone, Huawei with Android V. 2.3.4, through 'playstore'. Google Earth appears to be right up to date.

Comment

Why is the Flightradar24 not working on my tablet?

Flightradar24 is built based on Google Maps API. Google apps for Android, such as YouTube, Google Maps and Navigation, Gmail, and so on are Google properties that are not part of Android, and are licensed separately. That means that a tablet that is not Google certified, will not have all necessary files that are needed by Flightradar24 to work (Google Maps API). Even if you hack the tablet and install Google Play and Google Maps, there are still files missing in the system and Flightradar24 will not work. If you want to be sure that you can run Flightradar24 on your tablet, make sure to buy a GOOGLE CERTIFIED unit from one of the major brands on the market.

Comment

I sincerely apologize if this has been answered: I did do a search with words I thought were pertinent with no results here or on a search engine.
                      I recently bought flightradar24 pro for my android. We are in a direct flight path, and I am wondering if there is a way to hold my phone (camera) towards a plane, and get the planes information? I thought I read somewhere this was part of pro (honestly the only reason I went pro).

Comment

Originally posted by Shelly221
                        I sincerely apologize if this has been answered: I did do a search with words I thought were pertinent with no results here or on a search engine.
                        I recently bought flightradar24 pro for my android. We are in a direct flight path, and I am wondering if there is a way to hold my phone (camera) towards a plane, and get the planes information? I thought I read somewhere this was part of pro (honestly the only reason I went pro).
                        This is called Augmented Reality View.

Bring up the menu button, slect AR View

But as data can be 7/8 seconds behind if you are close the information may not match up exactly to where you are looking
                        Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Thank you so much Oblivian!

Comment

I just want to inform Android users that soon Android 2.x and 3.x support as well as 320x480 screen support will be dropped. To be able to provide a technically advanced app we need to focus on high end devices with big screen (480 pixels width or above) and with latest version of Android (4.x).

The current app version will still be available for users of Android 2.2, 2.3, 3.x and 320x480 screens.

Comment

That sounds like good news is coming to those of us with recent Android phones/tablets/phablets. I can't wait!

I saw FR24 on a Windows 8 phone today, and love the built-in cockpit view. Any chance of that coming to Android or are there no suitable APIs for that?
                              - Matt
                              T-YPPH2

Comment

Fair enough to drop the old Androids. My one has much better specs than the Apple equivalent & Androids are more popular than Ipad, however it appears mine is not Google Certified so no good anyway. Would still buy a better tablet that is certified over an Ipad. I can still view FR24 with my tablet using the browser, but not the FR24 Premium App
                                Last edited by crucero; 2013-04-12, 10:59. Reason: More info

Comment

Working...
                                X