X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjawer View Post
    I'm using version F24: 3.7.2 and Android: 3.2.1
    Thanks. I've asked the Android app team to take a look.

Comment

• Any chance the Android team can look at the problem with 7600 & 7700 alerts not working on the Gaxay S3?
      The last one I received is logged, in the app settings, as 9 November 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelvin View Post
        Any chance the Android team can look at the problem with 7600 & 7700 alerts not working on the Gaxay S3?
        The last one I received is logged, in the app settings, as 9 November 2013.
        Sure, if we receive a COMPLETE error report. As mentioned many times now Alerts are working and we are sending millions every day, including S3. To identify your problem we need ALL information about YOUR problem, "not working on S3" is not an error report.

1) Android version?
        2) Which app? Version?
        3) Latest version installed?
        4) Tried to restart the phone?
        5) Tried to remove alerts, wait 10 seconds and activate again?
        6) Tried to remove app completely (not just the shortcut) and install again?
        7) What alerts are not working? Are there any alerts that are working?
        8) Have you bought any in-apps?
        9) Have you tried your account on other units? Does it work there?
        10) How did it stop working? App update? Phone update? Any other changes in the phone?
        11) Have you notifications ON in settings?
        12) Are you using notifications/alerts in any other app? Is that working?
        13) Using 3G only or WiFi also?
        14) In what country are you located?
        15) Anything else that you think could cause this problem?

Comment

• It seems that, yet again, you are more keen on trying to either insult me or just put me off and hope I will go away.
          If you want to start to shout at people that they must provide a COMPLETE error report, then you should find some way of letting people (when I say 'people', I mean 'customers) know in advance what is required in an error report.
          Why do you say you are "sending millions of alerts every day, including S3"? You don't know how many people are using the S3 and I am sure the system does not send out individual alerts to individual phones. I know of 3 people in my own family who are using the S3 and have the same problem and I see there are others, not related to me, on this forum who are saying the same thing.

Now to answer your questions. (If you had read my original posts, you would have seen the answers to at least a couple of them already!)
          1. Android version? A: 4.1.2
          2. Which app? Version? A: Pro version 5.0.2 (see post #424)
          3. Latest version installed? A: As far as I am aware, yes.
          4. Tried to restart the phone? A: Of course!
          5. Tried to remove alerts and activate again? A: Of course!
          6. Tried to remove app and install again? A: Of course!
          7. What alerts are not working? Are there any alerts that are working? A: As previously specified; 7600 & 7700. I don't use other alerts. See post #424
          8. Have you tried your account on other units? Does it work there? A:Yes. No, it doesn't work on other units. See post #426
          9. How did it stop working? A: I accepted the upgrade to ver 5.0.2
          10. Have you notifications ON in settings? A: This is one of the questions I consider to be insulting. Of course I have notification 'ON'. I wouldn't expect my room to get lighter if I didn't first switch the light on!
          11. Using 3G or WiFi? A:Both

Comment

• Possible improvement in future release...

Some Aircraft do not have the destination airport listed, only the departure airport.
            These flights can be tracked, but when you click the "flight-path" icon it does nothing.
            I understand that the app cannot show the flight-path if it does not know the DEP and the DST airports. Hmm.. Could it not just show the flight-path from the aircraft's current location back to the DEP airport?

I'd really like to take a screenshot showing the flight-path of a private jet from Dublin to Paris for example, but it does not have a destination listed, so I cannot get a screenshot showing ONLY the flight-path from DUB to Current Location. i.e. I want to hide all the other aircraft.... I suppose I could filter based on aircraft type etc to try and hide all the other aircraft clutter, but it would be great if the flight path icon still showed the flight-path from DEP to current location and hid all other aircraft.

Perhaps there is a batter way I'm not thinking of? Flight in question was a GLF4 that took off from a military airport near DUB, but destination showed up as DUB anyway. DST was blank.

Nexus 5
            Android 4.4.2
            Latest Flight radar version 7/2/14
            Aircraft model pack purchased.

Thanks

Comment

• Personally, I couldn't give a monkeys about 7600 or 7700 alerts. They are there purely for ghouls who get off on the possibility of hearing an aircraft in distress.

FR24 does everything I need it to do on my S4. It costs very little to purchase and beats that crooks offering over at Air Nav, hands down

Keep up the good work guys.

Comment

• Improve the "Shared" Data...

Hi

Is it possible to change/improve the information that is "shared"? I'm trying to use FlightRadar Premium on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 or S4 to log data as I take photos of planes (not with the tablet or phone!). If I "share" the flight to email or a memo etc it displays only the following details, for example:

JJ8084 GRU - LHR
                JJ8084 from Sao Paulo to London http://fr24.com/JJ8084

Most of the second line is a duplication of the first for those that don't know airport codes - and isn't very helpful for locations with multiple airports (or Ryanair flights!)
                What is missing for me is the aircraft registration code, in this case PT-MUC, the aircraft type, Boeing 777-32W(ER), and airline, TAM Linhas Aereas, as this would be used to tag the photos. Also a local timestamp would be great as not every method of sharing would include this information, and early mornings at Heathrow can be rather busy!

If I was being greedy I'd also like more of the information that is displayed for the flight e.g. altitude, latitude/longitude, speed etc so I could better tag the image.

I could do a screenshot on my tablet but then I can't cut and paste information into my photo tagging tool so it's much less productive and error prone. Using the URL in the "shared" information would allow me to get to this information but again it's time consuming, especially if not done on the day of the flight, and has an overhead for you in serving this data. If I was using my laptop out "in the field" I could copy and paste this information from the web page but that's just not practical!

Regards,

Ian

Comment

• I have reinstalled this F24 Premium APP today, but the Routes continues to not come visible...
                  Is it possible, that the Routedatabase is not filled with data or disabled?

Thomas

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelvin View Post
                    It seems that, yet again, you are more keen on trying to either insult me or just put me off and hope I will go away.
                    If you want to start to shout at people that they must provide a COMPLETE error report, then you should find some way of letting people (when I say 'people', I mean 'customers) know in advance what is required in an error report.
                    Why do you say you are "sending millions of alerts every day, including S3"? You don't know how many people are using the S3 and I am sure the system does not send out individual alerts to individual phones. I know of 3 people in my own family who are using the S3 and have the same problem and I see there are others, not related to me, on this forum who are saying the same thing.
                    No, I'm not trying to insult you or make you go away, just to get ANYTHING so we know where we could start search for the problem. But if you feel insulted because we want to find the problem, I guess we can't help you.

* S3 is the most common phone for FR24 Pro app with about 60.000 installations. If this would be general S3 problem we would have ten thousands of error reports.

Phone model is actually quite irrelevant in this issue as alerts are sent from Google servers, and picked up by app. There is absolutely nothing in the code that says "Do so on S3 but in another way on HTC One". Only some Chinese phones with hacked Android version could have problems with communication with Google servers.

* 5.0.2 is not the latest version of the app. Please turn off alerts in the app. After that please delete the app. Restart the phone. Go to store and download version 5.0.3. Turn on alerts. Please do it in exactly that order to be sure that all connections with Google servers are reset. If that does not help please answer the rest of my questions in my last post.

* Why are you still using Android 4.1.2? 4.2 has been available for a long time and 4.3 was released recently on some markets.

Comment

I have reinstalled this F24 Premium APP today, but the Routes continues to not come visible...
                      Is it possible, that the Routedatabase is not filled with data or disabled?

Thomas
                      Can you please post a screenshot of where the data is missing?

Comment

• 201419_124658.jpg

I've selected a plane, then I have pressed the "show route" button, and no route appears, so see picture

Thomas

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3323[/ATTACH]

I've selected a plane, then I have pressed the "show route" button, and no route appears, so see picture

Thomas
                          It looks like you are running an old version of the app. Please download the latest version from Google Play

Comment

• Hi, why cant i choose auto on data interval consumption on my Android device? When i see a helicopter on my Android device its all still and do not rotate like on my Ipad, Why is The Flow so much better in The ios app?

Comment

• No, I deinstalled the old version, made a Tablet reset and installed the newest version. The same problem - no route will be displayed.

Thomas

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjorn79 View Post
                                Hi, why cant i choose auto on data interval consumption on my Android device? When i see a helicopter on my Android device its all still and do not rotate like on my Ipad, Why is The Flow so much better in The ios app?
                                The Android and iOS are 2 different apps on 2 different platforms, with 2 different map providers, with different API's and that gives different opportunities and limits. The iOS app does not show trails in different colors depending on altitude and iOS app does not support clicking and opening on flightradar24.com-links in the app. There will always be differences between platforms, not only for FR24 but most products on the market.

Comment

Working...
                                X