This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi,

I'm running the latest version from Flight Radar pro 5.0.2 in a Samsung Galaxy SII - Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2

I've set up a local alert but it doesn't work. I've created the alert as shown in screenshoot 1 and screenshoot 2

Screenshot 1.png

Screenshot 2.png

As you can see, near São Paulo there is Boeing 777 but the app didn't shown any alert in notification bar.

Screenshot 3.png

Regards,
    Rodrigo Amorim

Comment

• I no longer get any custom alerts and if my memory serves this was a feature I paid for.

I'm running the app on a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Comment

• Originally posted by WebMaximus View Post
        I no longer get any custom alerts and if my memory serves this was a feature I paid for.

I'm running the app on a Samsung Galaxy S3.
        Is your problem related to the new update 5.0.2 like DigoAmorim above?

Comment

• I've been having issues with the Emergency Squawk alerts. It will work for about a week, then I will simply stop receiving alerts. The only way to start them again is to uninstall flightradar24 pro and reinstall it, at which point the alerts will continue again for another week or so before stopping.

app version[s]: Launch of V5 to current version 5.0.2 (with model graphics and arrivals board)
          Phone: HTC One X
          Android: 4.2.2

30th Nov - Edit: I've decided to revert to an earlier version until you sort v5 out. I'm simply fed up of having to keep uninstalling and reinstalling to get it working every other week.
          Last edited by Moh1336; 2013-11-30, 11:29.

Comment

• Hi Support,

Please provide us any information regarding the issue that we're reporting... Local alerts are not working for me as shown in my last post.

Do you have any deadline to solve it?

Best Regards,
            Rodrigo Amorim

Comment

• Originally posted by DigoAmorim View Post
              Hi Support,

Please provide us any information regarding the issue that we're reporting... Local alerts are not working for me as shown in my last post.

Do you have any deadline to solve it?

Best Regards,
              Rodrigo Amorim
              We have put many hours into this and we have not been able to reproduce it. The back-end of these alerts is the same as web alerts for premium users that has been live for over 8 months and we have never received such error reports. Do you have a possibility to setup the same alert on web page to see if you get alerts there? Have you tried to delete alerts, delete app, install app and setup alerts? My theory is that alerts are triggered but not distributed to phone for some reason and that is why I think a re-installation should help.

UPDATE!

I just noticed in your screenshot that the alert setup screenshot is taken AFTER the screenshot of the aircraft. The alerts are sent from FR24 servers and there is processing time of between 2 and 10 minutes. You need to setup the alerts first and then when an alert is triggered after 2-10 minutes you will get an alert from FR24 servers. Alerts are not triggered in real time in the phone.

Also too general alerts will just block everything and you will not receive any alerts. Someone wrote that he has setup an alert for Ryanair in Europe and he didn't get an alert. I have seen 220 aircraft in airspace over Europe. 220 simultaneous alerts would overload our servers, Google servers, and completely spam down the phone. The idea with alerts is to trigger alerts on unusual events and not for sending spam. Setting up too wide rules will just block your unit. Finally make sure that you are not blocking notifications from Flightradar24 app in your Android unit.

As we write in first post and mention in this post again,
              If you have problems, first solution is always to remove all alerts, delete app, install app again and setup alerts again, but not too general.

Comment

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for you reply.

I'll try to re install the app and retest the functionality.

I'm not a premium user, so I think can't insert alerts via web.

After re install it I'll report if the issue solved or not.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
                Rodrigo Amorim

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  We have put many hours into this and we have not been able to reproduce it. The back end of these alerts is the same as web alerts for premium users that has been live for over 8 months and we have never received such error reports. Do you have a possibility to setup the same alert on web page to see if you get alerts there? Have you tried to delete alerts, delete app, install app and setup alerts? My theory is that alerts are triggered but not distributed to phone for some reason and that is why I think a re-installation should help.
                  I have tried both re-creating alerts and re-installing app, with no results.
                  As we mentioned before - the problem is not with all of the alerts. I get global registration alerts OK, but I do not get global callsign alerts (with only first part of the callsign entered) and I do not get local aircraft type alerts (again, only with first part of the A/C type entered, like B74).

Comment

• Originally posted by kober View Post
                    I have tried both re-creating alerts and re-installing app, with no results.
                    As we mentioned before - the problem is not with all of the alerts. I get global registration alerts OK, but I do not get global callsign alerts (with only first part of the callsign entered) and I do not get local aircraft type alerts (again, only with first part of the A/C type entered, like B74).
                    You need a complete flight number or callsign to setup an alert. Part of it will not work.

Comment

• Local Alert Issue

Hi Mike,

I've followed your recommendations, but it didn't work. (I mean, Delete all alerts, delete the app, re install it, re create the alerts)

Below I'm presenting another test case with local alert that didn't work.

My Device: Samsung Galaxy SII (GT-I9100)
                      Android Version: 4.1.2

At about 11:00 (GMT -3) local time, I've set up a new local alert. This local alert should trigger the alert when an aircraft contains ICAO code begining with A33 appeared near fortaleza, SBFZ, Brazil.

Below there is an image showing how this alert was created.

Screenshot_2013-11-27-11-09-30.png Screenshot_2013-11-27-11-09-38.png

Looking at the web site, I've realized that there was an Airbus A330 going to Fortaleza and It will arrive there in 30 minutes. The aircraft is presented on screenshot below.

site.PNG

At about 11:35 (GMT -3) local time, this Airbus was on final landing procedure in Fortaleza, SBFZ, airport, but the app didn't issue any alert.

Screenshot_2013-11-27-11-35-04.png

As you can see below, the OS is not blocking the app to show the alerts.

Screenshot_2013-11-27-11-36-55.png

I hope that helps you to reproduce the issue.

If you need any further information, please let me know.

Best Regards,
                      Rodrigo Amorim
                      Last edited by DigoAmorim; 2013-11-27, 14:54.

Comment

• Hello,

I have the same problem with custom local alerts. I set some alerts for some aircraft types with complete ICAO code, with optional altitude condition, near Budapest (Hungary) but it's not working. My phone is Google Nexus 4, stock Android 4.4 (KitKat). What's can be wrong?

Best regards,
                        Zoltan

Comment

• Hello,

I have one suggestion for the Android app:
                          Would it be possible to seperate the SQUAWK 7700 alerts from the 7600's in the settings of the app? After nearly all of the US is covered now, alerts are getting very frequent, and at least for my liking, *too* frequent - so that I would find it great if one could turn off the 7600 alerts and keep the 7700's functional on my smartphone.

I don't know if there are other users thinking the same, but it's my christmas wish for the app

Regards,
                          Dietmar
                          Last edited by EDLW; 2013-11-28, 13:47.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            You need a complete flight number or callsign to setup an alert. Part of it will not work.
                            OK, thanks, using airline alert worked.
                            But still, for aircraft type local alerts do not work, I tried both B74 and B744 and although planes were present in a quite small area, they did not show.

Comment

• Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for your thorough error report and sorry to hear you're experiencing problems. I'm looking into fixing these reported alert issues so I recreated your exact alert in both a premium web account and on android. Strange thing is this is working 100% for me, with both systems agreeing and delivering all A33 alerts as expected.

Since you've already tried reinstalling and recreating alerts, I wonder if you have other alerts set as well perhaps? If there are any alerts triggering frequently (such as A33 globally) they can suppress other alerts to limit excessive rates per device. If you still have problems with only the one local A33 alert configured, please try adding something to identify your device (such as reg = DigoAmorim) in addition to the A33 alert and that could help us track down what's happening on your specific unit.

Thanks in advance for your assistance in diagnosing this further!

Regards,

Sean.

Comment

• Originally posted by sean_atkinson View Post
                                Hi Rodrigo,

Thanks for your thorough error report and sorry to hear you're experiencing problems. I'm looking into fixing these reported alert issues so I recreated your exact alert in both a premium web account and on android. Strange thing is this is working 100% for me, with both systems agreeing and delivering all A33 alerts as expected.

Since you've already tried reinstalling and recreating alerts, I wonder if you have other alerts set as well perhaps? If there are any alerts triggering frequently (such as A33 globally) they can suppress other alerts to limit excessive rates per device. If you still have problems with only the one local A33 alert configured, please try adding something to identify your device (such as reg = DigoAmorim) in addition to the A33 alert and that could help us track down what's happening on your specific unit.

Thanks in advance for your assistance in diagnosing this further!

Regards,

Sean.
                                Hi Sean,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Since I've re installed the app, I have created only one alert. The alert for the A33 near Fortaleza.

As requested by you, I've created another local alert with the reg = DIGOAMORIM near Petrolina airport (SBPL)

Screenshot_2013-11-29-11-44-49.png

If you need any new data or any action from my side, please tell me. I hope that together we can find out what is going on.

Best Regards,
                                Rodrigo Amorim

Comment

Working...
                                X