Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Ace2, not sure what your asking me here but to confirm/verify the issue that I was referring to is if you are viewing a flight (info panel, trail, etc, showing) and you rotate your pad, the screen rotates (assuming you haven't got rotation locked!) and that would make the app restart. This problem was 'fixed' in v4.02/3 so the app no longer restarts but; a) it's slow to rotate/update and b) you lose the plane you were tracking! I'm not that sure what you mean about "map to run east west not north south" so perhaps a query to be answered by FRP24? Cheers, Starb7

Comment

• Originally posted by jwk View Post
      Agreed, mine is a low-end tablet (Danew Dslide 702), but Version 3.7.1 of Flightradar24 Pro worked on it.
      Version 4.0.1 doesn't (despite uninstalling and reinstalling).
      I suspect that what I need is a copy of 3.7.1, again.
      Is it possible to get it somewhere?

Thanks for any help.
      I don't think so! I have a number of issues too and have asked for a v371 (via a link on their site?) but it seems to have fell on deaf ears! Will have to wait for fixes I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwk View Post
        Agreed, mine is a low-end tablet (Danew Dslide 702), but Version 3.7.1 of Flightradar24 Pro worked on it.
        Version 4.0.1 doesn't (despite uninstalling and reinstalling).
        I suspect that what I need is a copy of 3.7.1, again.
        Is it possible to get it somewhere?

Thanks for any help.
        The latest batch of updates also fails to work on my low end tablet (AOS 4.0.3). Despite reporting several times via Play, and raising a support ticket (16368) a week ago today, no response has been forthcoming from the developers despite their "24 hour response" claim. Uninstalling and re-installing makes no difference, the app just crashes on startup.

I assume that, as a low-end user, my paid-for app is not worth supporting. I am therefore relying solely on Planfinder, which works, has a better interface, and more information. Oh, and they don't ignore users.

I suspect this won't get a response either, but we will see.

MD

Comment

• Originally posted by MidlandDeltic View Post
          The latest batch of updates also fails to work on my low end tablet (AOS 4.0.3). Despite reporting several times via Play, and raising a support ticket (16368) a week ago today, no response has been forthcoming from the developers despite their "24 hour response" claim. Uninstalling and re-installing makes no difference, the app just crashes on startup.

I assume that, as a low-end user, my paid-for app is not worth supporting. I am therefore relying solely on Planfinder, which works, has a better interface, and more information. Oh, and they don't ignore users.

I suspect this won't get a response either, but we will see.

MD
          I guess you didn't read the Important: Please click and read this information before you ask questions on the forum! or Flightradar24 app on Android phones and tablets. I'm sure you can get an answer if you read them first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            I guess you didn't read ...
            I'm sure you can get an answer if you read them first.
            I'm pretty sure I wouldn't.
            My question is about an issue that has arisen since 18 July 2013 (i.e. the latest update).

I've found no info about where to find or how to reinstall earlier versions.

Comment

• For the record I replied to Support Ticket 16368 on 22 July and asked for further information which I have not received.

Comment

• Give the dev chaps a chance?

Oh dear, it seems while there are/were "300,000" happy (v3?) users, there are a lot that are not happy with v4 and the grumbles and complaints are growing!

Now, I have posted a few comments on here, some in frustration and some I guess were not liked by FRP24 but in reality, they were genuine grievances. I have had replies to my posts (and seen some fixes) and so perhaps this is the way to go but.... for the sake of getting a working and satisfactory app, we need to let the FRP24 dev chaps take-on the fact that v4 was no where near ready and needs work and we should now give them chance to sort it.

I therefore think in fairness, some kind of deadline or realistic date could be given to us end users (most of which have paid a few quid) to see a solid trouble-free working version, at least as solid as v3 was anyhow. So, I would formerly like to ask the dev at FRP24, would you make v3 available once again say via a web-link to an APK? This I think would satisfy the disgruntled v4 users and then allow you to commit to a date to fix all the issues and grumbles that have been reported and now seem to be amassing.

I think we (for the most people who bother to post) that we are all happy to help and debug, etc, but if you are just going to dismiss our posts and questions with pointless responses like we have 300,00 happy (v3 - I was one!) users or "were not going to change it now" then you are understandably going to get some serious flak for it.

I would be happy to run this as a Poll to ask (please feel free to comment/vote):

1. "Should v3 be reinstated; Yes/No"
                2. "Is v4 reliable and ready for the Public Domain; Yes/No"

Based on the results either; 1, I will shut up and wait for an update or 2, expect some prompt and positive response/action from FRP24 which addresses the concerns and requirements of the 300,000 users that helped to get you here. I have stuck my neck out now - will you?

I would be interested to hear what do you, the reader thinks and again, if you think this post is unfair, please delete it otherwise leave it on for others to comment on. I think you will get some valuable feedback!

Cheers

p.s. I still remain a fan even though (after looking) there are other similar apps out there!
                Last edited by Starb7; 2013-07-29, 17:49.

Comment

• Sounds like a good idea.
                  I'm happy enough with V4 on my phone (Sony Ericsson Xperia 10), but I'd also like it to work on my tablet, V3 if necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starb7 View Post
                    Oh dear, it seems while there are/were "300,000" happy (v3?) users, there are a lot that are not happy with v4 and the grumbles and complaints are growing!

Now, I have posted a few comments on here, some in frustration and some I guess were not liked by FRP24 but in reality, they were genuine grievances. I have had replies to my posts (and seen some fixes) and so perhaps this is the way to go but.... for the sake of getting a working and satisfactory app, we need to let the FRP24 dev chaps take-on the fact that v4 was no where near ready and needs work and we should now give them chance to sort it.

I therefore think in fairness, some kind of deadline or realistic date could be given to us end users (most of which have paid a few quid) to see a solid trouble-free working version, at least as solid as v3 was anyhow. So, I would formerly like to ask the dev at FRP24, would you make v3 available once again say via a web-link to an APK? This I think would satisfy the disgruntled v4 users and then allow you to commit to a date to fix all the issues and grumbles that have been reported and now seem to be amassing.

I think we (for the most people who bother to post) that we are all happy to help and debug, etc, but if you are just going to dismiss our posts and questions with pointless responses like we have 300,00 happy (v3 - I was one!) users or "were not going to change it now" then you are understandably going to get some serious flak for it.

I would be happy to run this as a Poll to ask (please feel free to comment/vote):

1. "Should v3 be reinstated; Yes/No"
                    2. "Is v4 reliable and ready for the Public Domain; Yes/No"

Based on the results either; 1, I will shut up and wait for an update or 2, expect some prompt and positive response/action from FRP24 which addresses the concerns and requirements of the 300,000 users that helped to get you here. I have stuck my neck out now - will you?

I would be interested to hear what do you, the reader thinks and again, if you think this post is unfair, please delete it otherwise leave it on for others to comment on. I think you will get some valuable feedback!

Cheers

p.s. I still remain a fan even though (after looking) there are other similar apps out there!
                    I think that I have been very clear regarding this already, but lets take it one more, and last time.

1) We will NOT roll back FR24 3.x
                    2) We will NOT release FR24 3.x again on FR24.com or on any other web page.
                    3) FR24 3.x is available for Android 2.x users for for now. This is the ONLY solution that Google Play supports.
                    4) FR24 3.x support will be removed in the future as the old API is NOT recommended or supported by Google. It's full of bugs and issues that will never be solved and we will not try to waste time on trying to find ways around this problems. Last week we have added 100 new airports and 100 new airlines. Another 100+100 are on to-to list. Within 4 weeks another 80 FR24 receivers will be installed around the world together with MLAT that will increase the coverage by another 1000 aircraft (in some areas number of aircraft will increas up till 100%). All this will just kill the Android 2.x OS, Android 2.x units, API V1 apps. Android 2.x and API V1 is a closed chapter for FR24.
                    5) FR24 is an app looking FORWARD not backwards. This app version was almost completely rewritten for the new API, so it was almost like a complete new release. Right now we are working on fixing bugs and issues that shows up in 4.x. 4.0.4 will be released within 48 hours. After that, 3D view is almost ready and there will be lots of other new features in future app releases.
                    6) You may call 15-20 bug reports out of 300.000 users as a big disaster, we call it a big success. Google Play rating has improved although it was a new release with several bugs.
                    7) FR24 only supports Google certified Android units! That means that we do NOT support units that are NOT certified by Google! FR24 has chosen Google Maps as map provider and for now we will only use/support Google Maps. Google Maps API is NOT part of the free Android OS. There are thousands of different more or less (better or worse) implemented versions of Android out there. We have absolutely no possibility to buy and try every Chinese tablet in the world that has found their own way of hacking the OS. BTW, that would not help us solving the problem in most cases, as drivers / system files may be missing, misconfigured or not supported by hardware. We have limited our supported to the units that are certified by Google to have a complete and supported version of the Android OS (that includes Google Maps API).
                    8) Many bug reports are missing relevant information like name of the unit, OS version or app version. It's almost impossible to find and reproduce an error without that information.

3.x discussion closed.

Comment

• Mike,

Don't forget to fix the issue regarding the ETA that I've informed some threads ago.

Please, If possible give us the feeders contact. It's so frustrating when a radar just stops work and none knows if one day it will work again. With the feeder contact we could try reach them to inform the radar is not working anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by DigoAmorim View Post
                        Mike,

Don't forget to fix the issue regarding the ETA that I've informed some threads ago.

Please, If possible give us the feeders contact. It's so frustrating when a radar just stops work and none knows if one day it will work again. With the feeder contact we could try reach them to inform the radar is not working anymore.
                        Route and ETA is not an app function but part of the big FR24 database. Right now the database is ongoing maintenance with the goal of improving the data quality drastically.

Comment

• Some user feedback related to user experience:

App version 4.0.3.
                          Device: Galaxy Nexus
                          Android Ver. 4.2.2

I've noticed that the experience can be a little bit laggy. I finally understand why.

Sometimes when looking at the map, only half of the aircraft will load. Sometimes the airline logos will load, sometimes ionly half of the airline logos will load. Sometimes none.

I've figured out that this is caused by the removal of the "showing 500 aircraft max" limitation. So if you are looking at a large area of Europe, the device struggles to get all of the information down. Often the airline logos won't load.
                          My device is almost 2 years old so probably only has half of the RAM and CPU power of a newer device.
                          I think with bandwidth increasing all the time too, it's a good update. I'll be replacing my phone with the latest Google device in October/November, so I'd say the lag I am seeing will disappear. The 500 aircraft limit in older versions of the app was managing lag for me without me realizing.

This is not a complaint, just an observation in case others have seen that only half of the screen loads with aircraft, or the airline logos don't always appear. Try zooming into a specific area of the map to lower the amount of data the app is trying to pull back and display on screen. Looking at half of Europe might require the app to pull back 1000 aircraft logos and details. This takes time. Try zooming into a country specific region to speed things up.

Comment

• Just a quick update: I've written a post some days ago asking for clarification about squawk alarms and app failing to display the "red" plane after the alarm.
                            It looks like the answer I got was the right one: the app seems to work fine and display correctly the aircraft with "problems". Maybe it was really a "delay" problem. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by craezer View Post
                              Is it possible to filter for more than one aircraft at a time?
                              I'm still wondering if it is possible to filter for more than one airplane type at a time like on the website.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by craezer View Post
                                I'm still wondering if it is possible to filter for more than one airplane type at a time like on the website.

Thanks
                                I'm not one of the devlopers but I'm pretty certain it's NOT currently supported. I tried multiple entries into the filter but it only picks up one valid string. In a future update they might allow you to enter multiple comma seperated aircraft like "A388,B744" etc. at the moment I'm pretty certain it's filtering on ONE type of aircraft only.

Comment

Working...
                                X