This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightradar24 app on Android phones and tablets

The old Flightradar24 Pro app for Android has been discontinued so we will close the thread here.
    Users that previously bought the app can keep using it and downloading it from Play Store but no new features will be added.

The New Flightradar24 App can be downloaded from https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ghtradar24free

-------------------------------------------

Flightradar24 is a flight tracking service that makes it possible to track and follow live air traffic from all around the world.

Here are some features that are available in the pro version:
    - View full aircraft info, route info, picture of the aircraft and estimated ETA.
    - View flight trails and callsigns directly on map.
    - Possibility to show airline logos in connection with the aircraft.
    - Aircraft moving in real time.
    - Search for flights (flight numbers, callsigns and registrations).
    - Emergency squawk notifications.
    - Filters to view flights from just one airline.
    - Augmented Reality (AR).
    - Possibility to have different aircraft logos for different aircraft types
    - Possibility to show live arrival boards for airports within coverage

Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

I have previously downloaded Flightradar24 Pro app and have changed phone or deleted the app by mistake, do I need to buy it again?

You can download an app an unlimited number of times if you use the same Google account that you used to buy the app first time. If you have bought any in-app-purchases before, after reinstallation please select "in-app-purchase" in menu to activate your past in-app purchases.

I have problems downloading Flightradar24 Pro app, can you help me?

The app is downloaded from Google Play, not from Flightradar24, so we cannot affect the download process. If you have problems downloading the app check your Internet connection, restart the phone and try to download again. You can find more information on Google Support pages

I have problems with launching the Flightradar24 Pro app, can you help me?

Flightradar24 Pro is using the latest version of Google Maps which is included in "Google Play Services". You need to have latest version of "Google Play Services" installed in order to run Flightradar24 Pro app. Google Play Services can be download from https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...le.android.gms

I'm not receiving any more alerts, what should I do?

Please delete and disable all alerts.
    Completely delete Flightradar24 app from your unit.
    Restart you phone/tablet (turn off and on again)
    Install latest version of Flightradar24 from Google Play
    Setup alerts again.

After a recent app update, the app is crash all the time, what should I do?
    After a recent Android update, the app is crash all the time, what should I do?
    I have bought the in-app-purchase, and it's not working, what should I do?

Please delete the app, including all shortcuts and icons, restart your phone and install the app again. If you have bought any in-app-purchases before, after reinstallation please select "in-app-purchase" in menu to activate your past in-app purchases. If that doesn't help please contact Flightradar24 support team. Remember to include information about your phone/tablet model, Android version, app version and a comprehensive error description. You can also attach a screenshot of the problem to make troubleshooting easier.

Why do some aircraft have yellow and other orange color?

Yellow aircraft get their data from ADS-B receivers around the world, and are plotted in real time. Orange aircraft get their data from FAA and are delayed by about 5 minutes. You can read more about ADS-B and FAA on our ABOUT pages.

Why is aircraft XXX or flight YYY not visible?

Please read our HOW IT WORKS page and FAQ for information about how Flightradar24 works and what aircraft are visible.

Why is there no coverage in ZZZ?

Please read our HOW IT WORKS page and FAQ for information about how Flightradar24 works and information about coverage.

I have previously bought the app for iOS and now bought an Android phone, can I transfer my app?

Google Play market and Apple App Store are 2 completely different stores without any connection so it's not possible to transfer apps between different platforms.

Why is the Flightradar24 not working on my Android unit?

Flightradar24 is built based on "Google Maps API" and "Google Play Services". Google apps for Android, such as YouTube, Google Maps and Navigation, Gmail, and so on are Google properties that are not part of Android, and are licensed separately. That means that a unit that is not Google certified, will not have all necessary files that are needed by Flightradar24 to work ("Google Maps API" and "Google Play Services"). Even if you hack your unit and install Google Play and Google Maps, there are still files missing in the system and Flightradar24 will not work. If you want to be sure that you can run Flightradar24 on your Android unit, make sure to buy a GOOGLE CERTIFIED unit from one of the major brands on the market.

Flightradar24 app is running very slow on my Android unit, what can I do to make it faster?
    The map tiles are reloading all the time, what can I do to make it stop reloading?

Number of aircraft is increasing all the time on Flightradar24 which means that the app needs processor power and more memory to handle the increased amount data. If you have an old phone with a slow processor or low amount of RAM memory, there are some settings you can change to make the app run faster.

* Change "Plane movement" from "realtime" to "8 seconds"
    * Remove "FAA data"
    * Remove "Show ground traffic"
    * Remove "Show airports"
    * Remove "Show aircraft info"

You can also clear/flush memory in the phone/tablet before running Flightradar24 app. This can be done in "task manager" on the phone or by a special memory cleaning app. We recommend at least 250-500 MB free memory to run Flightradar24 to avoid reloading map tiles.

If you have any other questions or suggestions or if you want to report a problem with the Flightradar24 app please post a reply to this post here on the forum or use this form to contact Flightradar24 support team by email. Remember to include information about your phone/tablet model, Android version, app version and a comprehensive error description. You can also attach a screenshot of the problem to make troubleshooting easier.

For some strange technical reason the old Android thread has disappeared so here is a new one.

Make sure to read the FIRST POST, before you ask questions. If you post questions that are answered in first post, your post will be REMOVED without any notice!

Comment

[Link to the old old thread...]
      (31 pages - September,2010 to June,2012)
      Flightradar24.com on Android
      All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

[The Lost thread (32pages) was from June29,2012 to about January5,2013]
      Anyone looking for information can look on Google Cache for the information before it's deleted. {Google Cache link}
      old link: http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...es-and-tablets
      Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
      [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Hello!

I'm using FR24 Premium app (not Pro) on my Android device and I have a few ideas that should enter:

1. Showing information about the current status of own radar. Such as: time of last upload and the number of aircraft seen at the moment.
        2. Showing notifications (like 7700 alerts) when own radar stops working (the technical problem, no response).

It would be nice to have these features in Premium app.

Greetings from Poland
        Radek
        T-LKPD1
        My native language is polish.

Comment

Hey all.
          Would it be possible to get active receivers displayed?

Flemming

Comment

Hi,
            another try after the old thread disappeared ..

Anyone out there running FR24pro 3.6.1 on a

LIFETAB P9516. (similar to Lenovo)
            Android 4.0.3 ?

AR is not working properly even though it works in other
            apps like Satellite AR, Moon Trajectory ...

Problem:
            Compass rose only works in upright position of the tablet correctly,
            showing the right direction.
            At the same time the airplane markers do not rotate with the tab.
            When moving the tab along the flight path, the markers go up and down instead
            of staying on the target. Markers do not overlay.

Anyone with the same hardware out there that knows the problem and a
            solution?

Thanks

Comment

Today, I went through 1 hr of nightmare trying to create a Google Account in order to download the Apps.

It kept telling me to re-confirm the password. Then, it highlight the user name without explanation.

Eventually, I GAVE UP !
              F-WSSS1 - Cats refused to Pee & Pooh on RadarBox - Running a FR24 Receiver & DVB-T Dongle 24/7 to piss off The Chief Thief.

Comment

Flightradar24 Pro and FR24 Premium version 3.6.3 was just uploaded to Google Play.

This update includes

- added share screenshot feature
                - added screenshot to "share flight" feature
                - added units of measurenment pereferences
                - fixed scrolling issue on flight info window on Nexus 7 and 10
                - misc. bugfixes
                Share screenshot feature requires new permission (WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE), as screenshots are saved to SD card (/sdcard/flightradar24/).

The planed version 4.0 release with a completely new API and improved map has been postponed for some time as the new API provided by Google is not completely stable. Right now it looks like we will make a version 3.7 release before finishing the new 4.0 app.

Comment

Missing Share Screenshot from Premium on my Samsung Galaxy S, is present in Pro however.

Would need someone to confirm if Gbread 2.3.6 is the same, since I managed to put CM10 (JB 4.1.2) on it
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Not showing flightpath info, photos of planes and other info since 3.6.3 update on either of my devices.
                    Surprized it hasnt been mentioned yet as there are many google play complaints.

Any feedback please
                    AMD Phenom II X4 -965 Quad Core CPU
                    Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P Motherboard
                    4GB DDR3 Memory Windows 7 & 8 64bit
                    Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F Marshmallow 6.0.1
                    Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Marshmallow 6.0.1
                    Samsung TAB 2 GT-P3110 7 inch Jellybean 4.2.2
                    flightradar24 PAID FOR

Comment

Originally posted by stan77 View Post
                      Not showing flightpath info, photos of planes and other info since 3.6.3 update on either of my devices.
                      Surprized it hasnt been mentioned yet as there are many google play complaints.

Any feedback please
                      It's not related to the app, but server update that is ongoing right now.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Mike
                        AMD Phenom II X4 -965 Quad Core CPU
                        Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P Motherboard
                        4GB DDR3 Memory Windows 7 & 8 64bit
                        Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F Marshmallow 6.0.1
                        Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Marshmallow 6.0.1
                        Samsung TAB 2 GT-P3110 7 inch Jellybean 4.2.2
                        flightradar24 PAID FOR

Comment

I liked the app for Android. Runs very well on my Galax. I have not had a problem with is my version "Pro" of FR-24.

I see you.

Comment

I use the pro version on my android smartphone, really helpfull and nice to watch. Also during my work at the airport. There's only one thing I'd like to suggest, an option to switch on/off "labels", as you can do on the regular website. Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Comment

You can turn labels on and off. Default is off.

Comment

Working...
                              X