This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DigoAmorim View Post
    Please, If possible give us the feeders contact. ... With the feeder contact we could try reach them to inform the radar is not working anymore.
    No way !
    Let's kick that idea into the long grass straight away.
    The day that happens will be the day I cease uploading for good. I don't want some self-appointed policeman-type busy-body emailing me to find out why I'm not on-line when he/she thinks I ought to be.
    It's a hobby, not an obsession.

I can't see it happening anyway, but just in case it ever did, that's my two penny-worth

The Sage

Comment

• Originally posted by mcgon1979 View Post
      I'm not one of the devlopers but I'm pretty certain it's NOT currently supported. I tried multiple entries into the filter but it only picks up one valid string. In a future update they might allow you to enter multiple comma seperated aircraft like "A388,B744" etc. at the moment I'm pretty certain it's filtering on ONE type of aircraft only.
      Thanks for the reply. Like you, I've tried several different ways of entering aircraft with no luck. I do hope this is added in a future release.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sage of Milton View Post
        No way !
        The day that happens will be the day I cease uploading for good. I don't want some self-appointed policeman-type busy-body emailing me to find out why I'm not on-line when he/she thinks I ought to be.
        The Sage
        haha. Agreed. I have to laugh at some of the posts on here. "Don't forget to do this Mike" "you owe me I bought the app" "when is this ready, you said this week? where is it?" "give us the feeders contact details" "why doesn't the app do this?" "why does my 50euro tablet not work with your app? It's rubbish" etc etc etc.

I'm glad I'm QA not a developer. :lol:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          I think that I have been very clear regarding this already, but lets take it one more, and last time.

1) We will NOT roll back FR24 3.x
          2) We will NOT release FR24 3.x again on FR24.com or on any other web page.
          3) FR24 3.x is available for Android 2.x users for for now. This is the ONLY solution that Google Play supports.
          4) FR24 3.x support will be removed in the future as the old API is NOT recommended or supported by Google. It's full of bugs and issues that will never be solved and we will not try to waste time on trying to find ways around this problems. Last week we have added 100 new airports and 100 new airlines. Another 100+100 are on to-to list. Within 4 weeks another 80 FR24 receivers will be installed around the world together with MLAT that will increase the coverage by another 1000 aircraft (in some areas number of aircraft will increas up till 100%). All this will just kill the Android 2.x OS, Android 2.x units, API V1 apps. Android 2.x and API V1 is a closed chapter for FR24.
          5) FR24 is an app looking FORWARD not backwards. This app version was almost completely rewritten for the new API, so it was almost like a complete new release. Right now we are working on fixing bugs and issues that shows up in 4.x. 4.0.4 will be released within 48 hours. After that, 3D view is almost ready and there will be lots of other new features in future app releases.
          6) You may call 15-20 bug reports out of 300.000 users as a big disaster, we call it a big success. Google Play rating has improved although it was a new release with several bugs.
          7) FR24 only supports Google certified Android units! That means that we do NOT support units that are NOT certified by Google! FR24 has chosen Google Maps as map provider and for now we will only use/support Google Maps. Google Maps API is NOT part of the free Android OS. There are thousands of different more or less (better or worse) implemented versions of Android out there. We have absolutely no possibility to buy and try every Chinese tablet in the world that has found their own way of hacking the OS. BTW, that would not help us solving the problem in most cases, as drivers / system files may be missing, misconfigured or not supported by hardware. We have limited our supported to the units that are certified by Google to have a complete and supported version of the Android OS (that includes Google Maps API).
          8) Many bug reports are missing relevant information like name of the unit, OS version or app version. It's almost impossible to find and reproduce an error without that information.

3.x discussion closed.
          As you have replied to my post and not any others (who have bothered to ask) I can only assume your SHOUTING, etc is aimed at me? In which case:

1. No one was asking you to. Where did you get that notion?
          2. OK, I (we) shall continue to struggle with current version for now.
          3. That's fortunate as at least we have one works reliably for now.
          4. Noted, lets hope v4 gets sorted soon!
          5. I would expect so too! The bug fixes are appreciated but why do you seem to dismiss bug/issues/feedback as a bad thing?
          6. If there is just one, let alone half a dozen bugs that spoil the app, then it's an issue whether you have one or a million users. Also, I don't recall calling v4 a 'big disaster' so please don't quote me.
          7. Accepted however, as I have pointed out, the Samsung Galaxy Tab2 which I use, is a mainstream tablet so my bug reports are valid?
          8. Yes, I can image that to be a problem in which case; a) you can only do your best or b) ignore the imcomplete reports?

"3.x discussion closed" Noted, but I have not been concerned about v3 (as it works) and it's v4xx that has been my gripe. There are still lots of issues to resolve and other than the v4.03 release, we haven't seen much else yet, but noting point 5, I can see we can expect an update today? Lets hope this one deals with the main issues and gets this app back to the high standard it was! Looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks

Comment

• Bug Report:

Device - Samsung Galaxy Nexus on 4.3 Android Stock
            App version: 4.0.4.

1. Start app.
            2. My location is found (blue dot) so location services working fine.
            3. Choose search icon and choose "Nearby Flights"
            "Please Wait" dialog flashes and dims/brightens display indefinitely until the user backs out of this function. The aLogcat logs show many multiple lines of "data fetch error -- null" over and over.
            There seems to be a problem getting the location for this "nearby flights" feature, even though the current location is clearly found and marked with a blue dot.

I did not see this issue on App version 4.0.3.

In other areas, I notice the defect with incorrect icons when filtering on aircraft is fixed

Cheers

Comment

• Hi all,

I'm attaching a screen from a flight observed in website and the same flight in android app. As you can see, some informations are differents.

flight radar.png

By the way, the website informations are correct.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
              App Version: 4.0.4
              Android Version: 4.1.2

Comment

• Originally posted by DigoAmorim View Post
                Hi all,

I'm attaching a screen from a flight observed in website and the same flight in android app. As you can see, some informations are differents.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2418[/ATTACH]

By the way, the website informations are correct.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
                App Version: 4.0.4
                Android Version: 4.1.2
                As mentioned on previous page

Route and ETA is not an app function but part of the big FR24 database. Right now the database is ongoing maintenance with the goal of improving the data quality drastically.

Comment

• Is it just me who is getting every SQUAWK twice since one or two weeks?

Comment

• Originally posted by EDLW View Post
                    Is it just me who is getting every SQUAWK twice since one or two weeks?
                    Please try to disable squawk notifications, after that delete app. Install app again and enable notifications.

Comment

• Don't know what's been fixed in 4.0.4..? The map still doesn't rotate on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still no difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Good Old Bakes View Post
                        Don't know what's been fixed in 4.0.4..? The map still doesn't rotate on my Samsung Galaxy S3. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still no difference.
                        Today rotation is only supported on tablets.

Comment

• Ok. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Today rotation is only supported on tablets.
                            Bug Report:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 27" on Android 4.1. Running v 4.04 (latest update)

Rotation issue as previous reported is not fixed, ie rotating the screen is slow and still loses the currently selected plane, the info panel and any details.

As you don't actually say what's been fixed (would be a good idea to) not sure if there's any point reporting this.

What exactly has been 'fixed' in v404?

Cheers

Comment

• Bug Report:

I have FR24 Premium on both an Android Phone and Tablet:

Flight paths are not loading correctly and are just huge scribbles of colored lines across the whole screen. Same issue on Tablet and using FR24 Pro.

Also:

Aircraft information always defaulting to A-319 or 737-700 regardless of type or flight.

I have uninstalled and re installed apps twice and issues still happening, I have also cleared my cache on my phone as well.

Please Help!

P.S. I love the products!

Mike

Comment

• Can you post some screenshots?

Comment

Working...
                                X