This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    It's a completely new app based on new Google Maps API V2. Previous version was API version V1 so most of the display code had to be completely rewritten. API V1 and V2 does not have much in common beside the name "Google Maps".
    Thanks Mike but in laymans terms does that mean it won't ever be able to auto rotate in future upgrades

Comment

• Originally posted by Ace2 View Post
      Thanks Mike but in laymans terms does that mean it won't ever be able to auto rotate in future upgrades
      You never know what improvements can be made in future.

Comment

• Absolutely loving the new version on my Galaxy Nexus phone. The whole thing really feels like a well designed experience. Top marks to the developers!!

Comment

As I wrote in first answer, I'm really sorry but we do not intend the make any big changes in the design now, except adding some more features like schedules and 3D view. This is how users wanted it to be, and this is how it will be. You need to own the app to write a comment on Google Play, so all reviews are from Android app users, not from PC, MAC or iOS users. We can only offer what Google Play can offer, and Google Play does not offer downgrading or selecting between 2 versions.

"Google Play does not offer downgrading or selecting between 2 versions", no, but your web site can have a APK download link or are you concerned that too many users would revert? Would you like to put this to a vote... I expect your answer to be no.

It's a real shame that you are unwilling to be flexible with what are genuine concerns and complaints (and they are not just from me!) to rectify what are real annoyances down to simply poor code, ie restarting the app in order to update the screen, really?

No longer a happy user.

Thanks

Comment

• Hello guy, the option of logo companies definitely gone, this last update?!? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Igor_Santorsula View Post
              Hello guy, the option of logo companies definitely gone, this last update?!? Thanks.
              no it's still there on mine. From memory i had to select it again but it's most definitely still there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Igor_Santorsula View Post
                Hello guy, the option of logo companies definitely gone, this last update?!? Thanks.
                It is disabled for some slower/older units due to speed issues.

Comment

• Hello guys, just a quick question.
                  I noticed that in the new release 4.0.2 when I get a squawk 7700 alarm when I open the app that doesn't automatically center itself on the "red" flight which launched the alarm; furthermore I don't see any red flight.
                  Is that a problem of new release, a problem of mine or that automatic center is not so automatic?
                  Thank for your reply and sorry if that topic has already been covered.
                  I'm talking of the "pro" version and the phone is a Samsung GT-I9300

Comment

• No, it's not just you as I've also noticed this. In the end I just turned off the function as I *never* ever saw which a/c it referred to.

Comment

• That sounds strange because I'm sure the previous version self centered on the "red" plane (verified).
                      I'm trying to detect if there are pattern that lead to this wrong behaviour changing the flight information displayed on the screen. Obviously that's not the point but if would possible to find a workaround waiting for a solution...

Comment

• Originally posted by FunMBNel View Post
                        That sounds strange because I'm sure the previous version self centered on the "red" plane (verified).
                        I'm trying to detect if there are pattern that lead to this wrong behaviour changing the flight information displayed on the screen. Obviously that's not the point but if would possible to find a workaround waiting for a solution...
                        Yes FunMBNel and SB101, this is a fault, along with many others such as restarting the app to rotate the screen, etc, and have spoilt what was a good app. I think this is due to the fact they have initally 'ported' it from iOS (apparently, that's what paid users wanted?) and implemented the new Google API2 (which is a good thing) but haven't quite got it right. I have contacted them on this forum but sadly the responses I got, I think, were stock-answers and not very helpful. I have to say I thought v3 was a superb product and was keen to see a new version, sadly now I think I'll be ditching it in favour of one of the alternative apps that do work until they fix these issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starb7 View Post
                          Yes FunMBNel and SB101, this is a fault, along with many others such as restarting the app to rotate the screen, etc, and have spoilt what was a good app. I think this is due to the fact they have initally 'ported' it from iOS (apparently, that's what paid users wanted?) and implemented the new Google API2 (which is a good thing) but haven't quite got it right. I have contacted them on this forum but sadly the responses I got, I think, were stock-answers and not very helpful. I have to say I thought v3 was a superb product and was keen to see a new version, sadly now I think I'll be ditching it in favour of one of the alternative apps that do work until they fix these issues.
                          Thank you Starb7, you have posted your standpoint very clearly on forum and on email. FR24 Pro app is used by over 300.000 users. We can never make an app that will make all 300.000 completely satisfied. We can only regret that you don't like the new design, but we have explained quite clearly that we will not roll back any changes, because of several reasons. Sorry.

Comment

Thank you Starb7, you have posted your standpoint very clearly on forum and on email. FR24 Pro app is used by over 300.000 users. We can never make an app that will make all 300.000 satisfied. We can only regret that you don't like the new design, but we have explained quite clearly that we will not roll back any changes, because of several reasons. Sorry.
                            Yes, I have the intention was to confirm their findings, nothing else. If you feel that my post/reply is inappropriate, then please delete it. If however you feel that it is valid in some way and perhaps you do accept there are genuine issues, then please leave it for others to comment on. I would would come any feedback and either confirmations or denials of my reports/posts. 300,000 v3 users, perhaps not so many v4?

Comment

• Originally posted by FunMBNel View Post
                              Hello guys, just a quick question.
                              I noticed that in the new release 4.0.2 when I get a squawk 7700 alarm when I open the app that doesn't automatically center itself on the "red" flight which launched the alarm; furthermore I don't see any red flight.
                              Is that a problem of new release, a problem of mine or that automatic center is not so automatic?
                              Thank for your reply and sorry if that topic has already been covered.
                              I'm talking of the "pro" version and the phone is a Samsung GT-I9300
                              This has been reported from time to time in all versions. I have not been able to reproduce this error in any version for the latest 6-8 months. My theory is that you can be checking too late. In many cases aircraft with an emergency can be gone in just some minutes, and if you click a link after aircraft is gone, there is nothing to zoom to.

Comment

• Just a quick possible issue I noticed.

Phone: Galaxy Nexus
                                Android Version: Stock 4.2.2.

1. In the App I have used the filter to just show A388 aircraft.
                                2. I notice that the airline logo only shows up if I zoom right down into 1 particular aircraft, or if I click an aircraft.
                                3. Also, I notice that when I click an aircraft, occasionally the icon changes after being clicked to be wrong. i.e. In the screenshots attached you can see the A388 icon appear as 777 and a320 icon when selected. This reverts back to the right icon when I click the X to deselect the aircraft.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X